Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   Up and Coming Films (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/7372-up-coming-films.html)

Demdike@Cult Labs 28th May 2016 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 491891)
Unusual, but i completely disagree with you Dem. I really enjoyed the Evil Dead remake.

Interesting. I hope others chip in with their verdict cos i'm interested to see if it's another one of my movie abominations that everyone else loves.

J Harker 28th May 2016 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 491894)
Interesting. I hope others chip in with their verdict cos i'm interested to see if it's another one of my movie abominations that everyone else loves.

As i recall Rik is a fan. Think Nos hated it though.

nosferatu42 28th May 2016 11:01 PM

I think The Evil dead remake is watchable but no where near as good as the original, didn't see why they had to change the book and the ending was shite.:rolleyes:
If the original didn't exist i'd have probably liked it more, but it does and i don't.
Ash vs the Evil dead is far better.:pop2:

J Harker 28th May 2016 11:03 PM

I still need to finish watching Ash vs. the Evil Dead.

Susan Foreman 29th May 2016 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 491898)
I still need to finish watching Ash vs. the Evil Dead.

I still need to start watching Ash vs. the Evil Dead

Frankenhooker 29th May 2016 08:10 AM

The best thing I can say about the Evil Dead remake is that it's serviceable and there have been worse 'reimaginings'. It has none of the wit and imagination Raimi's film had and it kind of just plods on to its conclusion. It is pretty nasty in places, so there's that.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 29th May 2016 02:02 PM

I thought that The Evil Dead remake was a bland, boring, pointless piece of shit, but each to their own I suppose.

Inspector Abberline 29th May 2016 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 491918)
I thought that The Evil Dead remake was a bland, boring, pointless piece of shit, but each to their own I suppose.

As usual always sitting on the fence.:screenpunch:

gag 29th May 2016 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inspector Abberline (Post 491922)
As usual always sitting on the fence.:screenpunch:

Im not keen on sitting on the fence its got to many sharp pointed post that can be uncomfortable to sit on.

Deadite 30th May 2016 10:00 AM

Hmm, where to start on the film they call a remake of The Evil Dead?

If they had called it Cabin of Blood of something, it would have been a decent enough straight to rental film. Unfortunately, it isn't, and not only does it fail to live up to the heritage of Raimi's films, it also doesn't work as a homage or a remake as it plows its own furrow rather than working with the mythology that The Evil Dead trilogy has laid down. The remake is undoubtedly nastier than Raimi's films, but then they are comedy horrors, rather than straight-up chillers like the remake.

As my user-name suggests, i'm a massive Evil Dead fan-boy and IMO Evil Dead II does not have an equal as a comedy-horror.