Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   Up and Coming Films (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/7372-up-coming-films.html)

Demdike@Cult Labs 5th January 2016 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 473033)
Think Reservoir Dogs crossed with The Thing, with Kurt Russell doing his best Duke Wayne impression, and you're pretty much there. Almost 3hrs long (non roadshow version), and I didn't find that it dragged for a single second. Walton Goggins, who I've been a huge fan of since he came to fame as Shane Vendrell in The Shield, steals the film.

I don't know the plot of Hateful 8 but when you say The Thing does that suggest it's got a horror aspect to it or just Kurt Russell with a beard?

Justin101 5th January 2016 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 473041)
That can't have been a delay and Cineworld, because I saw Alice in Wonderland at Cineworld during the opening week.

It could have been a similar squabble which was resolved prior to release and I didn't hear about at the time.

I think the chain was Odeon in that particular case - it seems so long ago now haha

Nordicdusk 7th January 2016 07:41 AM

I was not aware that there was a Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon sequel coming out this year. Chances of my local cinema getting this one is very very slim. Really looking forward to it really enjoy the first one.

gag 7th January 2016 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 473036)
I'm a big Tarantino fan, so I'm looking forward to seeing it and in reply to Gags post, I've enjoyed all the Transformers films too, so I'm looking forward to that as well, don't get all the hate Michael Bay gets tbh

I like Tarantino think he very talented, just not been keen on any of his films since Kill bill. But always look forward to watching his films tho.
And each to their own, im sure i like films you dont :nod:
Mb films i havent took or enjoyed one of his films even Bad boys or armageddon.
Find the films are more crash bang wallop style which is ok but thin on interest and plot.
I rather watch a slow film that done well with good story and atmopshere than a film thats got loads of action but dull as hell, that goes to any film not just MB films, ive seen films where have tonnes of action and been bored senseless.

mr 420 7th January 2016 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nordicdusk (Post 473201)
I was not aware that there was a Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon sequel coming out this year. Chances of my local cinema getting this one is very very slim. Really looking forward to it really enjoy the first one.

Have you had the chance to catch the two Ip Man films, Nordi? There is a third part coming out this year with none other than "Iron" Mike Tyson playing the villain.

Nordicdusk 7th January 2016 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr 420 (Post 473208)
Have you had the chance to catch the two Ip Man films, Nordi? There is a third part coming out this year with none other than "Iron" Mike Tyson playing the villain.

I have both on DVD not gotten around to watching them yet.

Frankenhooker 7th January 2016 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nordicdusk (Post 473201)

A lot of cinemas are boycotting it apparently. The plan was to release it simultaneously in theatres and on Netflix, a few cinema chains are angry that Netflix are ignoring the 'theatrical window', in other words they're concerned about the profit margin.

Shame as I'd love to see it in IMAX.

Justin101 7th January 2016 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankenhooker (Post 473220)
A lot of cinemas are boycotting it apparently. The plan was to release it simultaneously in theatres and on Netflix, a few cinema chains are angry that Netflix are ignoring the 'theatrical window', in other words they're concerned about the profit margin.

Shame as I'd love to see it in IMAX.

This mirrors what I was saying about Burton's Alice in Wonderland, Disney wanted to cash in on a big holiday and forfeit the window, which I believe is 12 weeks or something. I think they (Disney) won that one in the end because it was a case of take this film or don't get offered any others.

I doubt that Netflix have muscles as big as Disney so they will probably lose out...

mr 420 7th January 2016 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nordicdusk (Post 473219)
I have both on DVD not gotten around to watching them yet.

Do yourself a favour and get those discs spinning ASAP. You will not be disappointed bud.

Nordicdusk 7th January 2016 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr 420 (Post 473222)
Do yourself a favour and get those discs spinning ASAP. You will not be disappointed bud.

Think i will have a double bill Saturday night .

Stephen@Cult Labs 10th February 2016 11:06 PM

Up and Coming Films

Trailer for the third Purge movie, Election Year. Can't wait to see this one.

https://youtu.be/RXMp9fBomJw

gag 11th February 2016 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 477493)
Trailer for the third Purge movie, Election Year. Can't wait to see this one.

https://youtu.be/RXMp9fBomJw

I highly enjoyed the previous 2, only downfall i had with the first one was the concept and story was something new and fresh but the film ended up not, in other words it went down the route of nothing new and seen it all before

gag 12th February 2016 08:34 AM

A sequel to the devils rejects
http://horrordomain.com/forums/topic...ex.cfm?t=26464

Stephen@Cult Labs 12th February 2016 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gag (Post 477640)

And another excuse for Zombie to give his talentless wife work.

Demdike@Cult Labs 12th February 2016 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 477643)
And another excuse for Zombie to give his talentless wife work.

Ouch! :lol:

There's no sequel in the works. Seems like he was only musing on the idea. Besides with the characters all dead it can't be a sequel, and with him not having the rights to them it makes it even more unlikely.

Not sure why gag posted this as an up and coming film because it isn't.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 12th February 2016 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 477647)

There's no sequel in the works. Seems like he was only musing on the idea. Besides with the characters all dead it can't be a sequel, and with him not having the rights to them it makes it even more unlikely.

As you said, it seems Zombie is just thinking about fan responses to a proposed idea for another film featuring the three main characters.

In that way, it's slightly similar to what Tarantino does with his 'universe' in which many characters are related across many generations, from the 1940s to the 2000s. However, in this case, it would have to be a prequel if they are exactly the same characters.

Stephen@Cult Labs 12th February 2016 09:29 AM

Quote:

True though! Doesn't appear in much except when he gives her work :lol:

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 12th February 2016 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 477655)

It is true. A variation on the 'it's not what you know, but who you know' maxim. Maybe she only likes being directed by him; maybe he's the only one who could direct her, or maybe she isn't interested in working with any other filmmakers. The only director I can think of who would cast her is Eli Roth.

Demdike@Cult Labs 12th February 2016 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 477655)

Harsh but oh so true. Even though i quite like her i can't argue a case. :lol:

Demdike@Cult Labs 12th February 2016 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 477657)
It is true. A variation on the 'it's not what you know, but who you know' maxim. Maybe she only likes being directed by him; maybe he's the only one who could direct her, or maybe she isn't interested in working with any other filmmakers. The only director I can think of who would cast her is Eli Roth.

Or David Duchovny. ;)

I was going to list her director in the CSI Miami episode she appeared in...but that would be Rob Zombie. I'd quite like to see that. :nod:

gag 12th February 2016 11:30 AM

Quote:

Wether it happening or not or just a idea he toying with just thought i post it..

Rik 12th February 2016 12:40 PM

That's why I posted it in the Rob Zombie thread the other day instead of here, he only asked a question, nothing has been confirmed or denied...yet :)

Demdike@Cult Labs 12th February 2016 03:04 PM

This looks okay.

Demdike@Cult Labs 12th February 2016 03:08 PM

I'm sure you've all seen this a million times, but it looks better than all the Marvel stuff rolled into one.

Demdike@Cult Labs 12th February 2016 03:12 PM

....as does this.

Demdike@Cult Labs 12th February 2016 03:16 PM

Not sure about this, though it is from Alex Proyas.

Demdike@Cult Labs 12th February 2016 03:18 PM

Got hopes for this though.

Demdike@Cult Labs 12th February 2016 03:28 PM

This looks good to me despite lukewarn reviews.

Demdike@Cult Labs 12th February 2016 03:37 PM

MTDS brought this to my attention a while ago. Looks excellent and doesn't give away the whole film in the trailer.

gag 12th February 2016 05:49 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Good god no
Three More TransformersÂ*Movies Will Be an Ever-Present Threat in 2017, 2018, and 2019

The pic underneath sums it all for me

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 12th February 2016 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gag (Post 477728)

Mark Kermode put it quite eloquently, albeit in a Buster Keaton fashion about the (then) upcoming third film:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cc4GjSydejo

Stephen@Cult Labs 12th February 2016 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 477711)
I'm sure you've all seen this a million times, but it looks better than all the Marvel stuff rolled into one.

Balls! I have zero interest in seeing this. Leto looks crap as the Joker, imo. Give me the Suicide Squad in Arrow any day. :)

Rik 12th February 2016 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 477747)
Balls! I have zero interest in seeing this. Leto looks crap as the Joker, imo. Give me the Suicide Squad in Arrow any day. :)

One of my most anticipated films of the year, bugger all to do with Harley Quinn your Honour :lol:

iank 12th February 2016 09:30 PM

Southbound, new anthology horror, looks interesting, getting good reviews.

Demdike@Cult Labs 12th February 2016 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 477747)

I much prefer my superhero intake to be series like Arrow and Smallville rather than huge CGI films. Series always gives the characters time to breathe and the viewer time to invest in them. As for Batman vs Superman, who the hell is Lex Luthor in that? Was Michael Rosenbaum busy?

Stephen@Cult Labs 12th February 2016 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 477757)
I much prefer my superhero intake to be series like Arrow and Smallville rather than huge CGI films. Series always gives the characters time to breathe and the viewer time to invest in them. As for Batman vs Superman, who the hell is Lex Luthor in that? Was Michael Rosenbaum busy?

Talking of which, Deadshot just made another appearence on the newest episode of The Flash.

Demdike@Cult Labs 12th February 2016 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 477760)
Talking of which, Deadshot just made another appearence on the newest episode of The Flash.

I've yet to see any of The Flash. I was going to buy series 1 and watch it in tandem with my Arrow series 3 dvd.

Stephen@Cult Labs 12th February 2016 10:37 PM

Up and Coming Films

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 477761)
I've yet to see any of The Flash. I was going to buy series 1 and watch it in tandem with my Arrow series 3 dvd.

I started it before I saw a single episode of Arrow. Works pretty well that it airs the day before, so the crossovers are pretty sweet. Plus, we get a Flash/Supergirl crossover next month.

Demdike@Cult Labs 12th February 2016 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 477769)
I started the Flash before Arrow. Now it airs innthe US the day before Arrow, so the crossovers are pretty sweet. Plus, we get a Flash/Supergirl crossover next month.

A mate was telling me about that crossover earlier today. He did say that Supergirl doesn't really venture into Arrow's world which is a relief. Watching one episode of Arrow, then Flash, then Supergirl, could get frustrating. :lol:

Stephen@Cult Labs 12th February 2016 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 477770)
A mate was telling me about that crossover earlier today. He did say that Supergirl doesn't really venture into Arrow's world which is a relief. Watching one episode of Arrow, then Flash, then Supergirl, could get frustrating. :lol:

It could! It's still not clear how. They're doing it. Might be due to The Flash "Earth Two" alternate reality, but who knows!