Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   Up and Coming Films (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/7372-up-coming-films.html)

Inspector Abberline 14th September 2016 07:19 PM

SUPERSONIC

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9waBd3yPOLE

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 14th September 2016 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inspector Abberline (Post 505184)

I've read about this and it looks interesting, even for people who don't care much for the band.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 14th September 2016 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 505187)
I've read about this and it looks interesting, even for people who don't care much for the band.

Although it isn't directed by them, the directors of the brilliant Amy (Asif Kapadia and James Gay-Rees) are producing (the former directed Senna, with the latter producing), and Mat Whitecross, who directed the Stone Roses documentary Spike Island, is directing this, so the talent attached seems ideal for a film like this.

Susan Foreman 15th September 2016 06:38 AM

The headline and story here show promise 'Cannibal Movie Raw Causes Cinema-Goers To Pass Out At Toronto Fest' until...

1) you read something like: "The film tells the story of a strict vegetarian college student Justine, who descends into flesh-eating after she finds a piece of sausage buried in mash served to her at the canteen."

and

2) you think to yourself 'how many other films have been hyped with the headline "it made me faint/vomit/walk out of the cinema", only for you to be very disappointing when you finally saw them?"

Rik 15th September 2016 06:50 AM

Apparently it's a hoax/marketing stunt

Susan Foreman 15th September 2016 06:57 AM

But most (if not all) of the 'I fainted when I was watching this film' are marketing stunts!

Presumably the only genuine ones are those connected with the first screenings of 'The Exorcist'?

Rik 15th September 2016 07:18 AM

Yeah, my mates dad actually did faint when he saw the Exorcist back in 73, when I saw it in 98 people just laughed!

mr 420 15th September 2016 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 505196)
Although it isn't directed by them, the directors of the brilliant Amy (Asif Kapadia and James Gay-Rees) are producing (the former directed Senna, with the latter producing), and Mat Whitecross, who directed the Stone Roses documentary Spike Island, is directing this, so the talent attached seems ideal for a film like this.

Sorry to be pedantic, it's actually Made Of Stone (Shane Meadows) which is the Stone Roses doc. Spike Island centres on the story of a group of friends going to see the legendary Roses gig at Spike Island.

Both are well worth a watch, but Made Of Stone is head and shoulders above Spike Island IMO.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 15th September 2016 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr 420 (Post 505234)
Sorry to be pedantic, it's actually Made Of Stone (Shane Meadows) which is the Stone Roses doc. Spike Island centres on the story of a group of friends going to see the legendary Roses gig at Spike Island.

Both are well worth a watch, but Made Of Stone is head and shoulders above Spike Island IMO.

I haven't seen either, and knew Spike Island was about friends rather than a documentary about Stone Roses, but couldn't think of a better way to phrase it succinctly.

Demdike@Cult Labs 15th September 2016 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr 420 (Post 505234)

Sounds like a British remake of Detroit Rock City. :lol: