Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   Up and Coming Films (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/7372-up-coming-films.html)

iank 10th November 2022 08:56 PM

If you don't like the first I wouldn't bother with the others. I like the first, the other two sent me to sleep.

MrBarlow 10th November 2022 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iank (Post 678520)
If you don't like the first I wouldn't bother with the others. I like the first, the other two sent me to sleep.

I must be in that minority that enjoyed all three :lol:

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 10th November 2022 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrBarlow (Post 678525)
I must be in that minority that enjoyed all three :lol:

I enjoy and highly rate all three John Wick films and might go to the cinema to see the fourth instalment in the series.

Susan Foreman 11th November 2022 07:01 AM

'Gale – Stay Away from Oz'

"In this dark re-imagining of The Wizard of Oz, Dorothy Gale is now an elderly woman, broken by years of paranormal entanglement with a mystical realm, which has now echoed down to her only living relative, Emily, who is being called to settle unfinished business in this terrifying world of Oz."

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 11th November 2022 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susan Foreman (Post 678537)
'Gale – Stay Away from Oz'

"In this dark re-imagining of The Wizard of Oz, Dorothy Gale is now an elderly woman, broken by years of paranormal entanglement with a mystical realm, which has now echoed down to her only living relative, Emily, who is being called to settle unfinished business in this terrifying world of Oz."

That looks extremely promising, a massive departure from Victor Fleming's adaptation of L. Frank Baum's novel, and something that could be genuinely unsettling and scary.

It could also be full of cheap jump scares and a wasted opportunity. Daniel Alexander hasn't directed anything else, so it's difficult to know what to expect.

Susan Foreman 28th November 2022 06:40 PM

Wolf Manor’ - 9th January 2023

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxxPyC0aMW8

gag 1st December 2022 08:55 PM

Trailer for new Indian jones has dropped today,

Susan Foreman 4th December 2022 05:24 PM

Cocaine Bear trailer

Stephen@Cult Labs 4th December 2022 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susan Foreman (Post 679420)

This looks amazing! Definitely need to see it.

iank 4th December 2022 07:57 PM

It looks kinda fun, but the CGI is beyond awful. :xmasworry:

trebor8273 4th December 2022 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susan Foreman (Post 679420)

It's supposedly based on true events.

gag 5th December 2022 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 679427)
It's supposedly based on true events.

Indeed it is.

If you’ve seen the astonishing trailer for “Cocaine Bear” making the rounds on Twitter, you might have questions about the film’s claim that it is “inspired by true events.” But the story is indeed based on the true story of a bear who overdosed on cocaine in the 1980s.

https://edition.cnn.com/2022/12/03/m...y-trailer-trnd

Susan Foreman 8th December 2022 08:01 AM

'The Mean One' - just in time for Christmas!

Demdike@Cult Labs 9th December 2022 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gag (Post 679343)
Trailer for new Indian jones has dropped today,

I see composer John Williams, who is now 90 years old, has said this will most likely be his final cinematic work.

What a way to bow out. :hail::hail::hail:

Susan Foreman 13th December 2022 08:03 AM

‘The Mutilator 2’ – Official Poster Released for Upcoming Sequel to 1984 Slasher Movie / Bloody Disgusting

"All these years later, the 1984 slasher movie The Mutilator is getting an official sequel, and filming wrapped earlier this year. Today, the official poster art has been released.

Buddy Cooper returned to write and direct the decades-later sequel to the slasher he made back in the 1980s.

Terry Kiser (Friday The 13th Part VII, Weekend At Bernies) and Damian Maffei (The Strangers: Prey At Night, Haunt) star alongside Ruth Martinez and Bill Hitchcock from the original.

Chaney Morrow (Wrong Turn) and Eva Hamilton (Ruin Me) will also star.

Alexander Taylor (Scream, Queen! My Nightmare On Elm Street, Isolation, Paramount Plus’s Unknown Dimension: The Story Of Paranormal Activity, Arkansas, Eli Roth & Jason Blum’s Crypt TV) has signed on to score the upcoming sequel, Bloody Disgusting has learned.

Taylor said in a statement, “I’m so honored and excited to be a part of The Mutilator franchise. One of the best parts of this is the fact that Buddy Cooper is back! It’s rare for a legacy film to have the original writer and director come back, so you know this is going to be special. Buddy and I already have some cool themes and wild ideas for the score.”"

gag 14th December 2022 05:49 PM

New scream teaser trailer

Susan Foreman 16th December 2022 07:40 AM

According to writer F. Paul Wilson:

"THE KEEP - the news is seeping into posts so I might as well confirm it: 2 days ago, after a year and a half of lawyering between the "purchaser" and my side at ICM, I signed an option / purchase agreement with Greg Nicotero for the remake of The Keep. You may (or may not) know Greg from The Walking Dead. He's a longtime fan of the book and he's got the chops to do a worthy adaptation. Current thinking is a feature film, but streaming might happen. The film industry is so hybridized and Balkanized these days, anything can happen. I just want it to look good and make sense."

Demdike@Cult Labs 20th December 2022 09:46 PM

I don't normally post in this thread but this film out early next year looks interesting, to me anyway.

The Devil Conspiracy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1zzloXn4-k

Susan Foreman 26th December 2022 04:25 PM

1 Attachment(s)
'Final Destination 6'

Looks like it is set on a boat!

Susan Foreman 5th January 2023 06:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susan Foreman (Post 679698)
‘The Mutilator 2’ – Official Poster Released for Upcoming Sequel to 1984 Slasher Movie / Bloody Disgusting

"All these years later, the 1984 slasher movie The Mutilator is getting an official sequel, and filming wrapped earlier this year. Today, the official poster art has been released.

Buddy Cooper returned to write and direct the decades-later sequel to the slasher he made back in the 1980s.

Terry Kiser (Friday The 13th Part VII, Weekend At Bernies) and Damian Maffei (The Strangers: Prey At Night, Haunt) star alongside Ruth Martinez and Bill Hitchcock from the original.

Chaney Morrow (Wrong Turn) and Eva Hamilton (Ruin Me) will also star.

Alexander Taylor (Scream, Queen! My Nightmare On Elm Street, Isolation, Paramount Plus’s Unknown Dimension: The Story Of Paranormal Activity, Arkansas, Eli Roth & Jason Blum’s Crypt TV) has signed on to score the upcoming sequel, Bloody Disgusting has learned.

Taylor said in a statement, “I’m so honored and excited to be a part of The Mutilator franchise. One of the best parts of this is the fact that Buddy Cooper is back! It’s rare for a legacy film to have the original writer and director come back, so you know this is going to be special. Buddy and I already have some cool themes and wild ideas for the score.”"

Trailer

Susan Foreman 5th January 2023 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gag (Post 664047)
https://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/...ovie-universal

Nicolas Cage Will Finally Play Dracula in Upcoming ‘Renfield’ Movie for Universal.

Originally announced a couple years back, Universal Pictures has been developing a solo movie for Dracula’s henchman Renfield, based on an original pitch from “The Walking Dead” creator Robert Kirkman. Chris McKay (The Tomorrow War) is set to direct the movie, with Nicholas Hoult (Warm Bodies, Mad Max: Fury Road) on board to star as Renfield.

THR brings us the exciting news today that Nicolas Cage is now also on board the project. Even more exciting? Nicolas Cage is playing Count Dracula in the movie!

The Hollywood Reporter also notes, “Plot details are being kept in the coffin, but the project is described as a modern-day adventure story that is comedic in tone.”

Cage of course played a man who believed he was a vampire in the zany comedy Vampire’s Kiss, but this will be the first time he’s ever actually played the role he seemed destined to someday take over. Cage as Dracula is something I personally have been imagining for a long time now, as it seems like such a perfect role for the beloved actor to sink his teeth into.

With the upcoming movie, penned by Ryan Ridley (“Rick and Morty”), said to be “comedic in tone,” we could very well be getting the most over-the-top Dracula on screen to date.

Then again, Cage could surely also nail a more serious Count. Stay tuned!

Deadline explained the project, which is being produced by Robert Kirkman, “In the original “Dracula” novel, R.M. Renfield was an inmate at a lunatic asylum who was thought to be suffering from delusions, but is actually a servant of Dracula. Plot details are currently unknown, though it’s believed to take place during the present day and is not a period piece.”

The character was memorably played by Dwight Frye (below) in the 1931 Dracula.

The first trailer

MrBarlow 5th January 2023 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susan Foreman (Post 680506)

This looks decent

trebor8273 5th January 2023 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susan Foreman (Post 680506)

Really like the look of this unlike evil dead rise which did nothing for me and didn't even feel like a evil dead movie felt more like conjuring / insidious type movie.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 8th January 2023 12:12 PM

The Renfield trailer is very good, making the film look like it has a good blend of comedy, horror, and action.

Nicholas Hoult is a talented and fairly rare actor as he has made the successful transition from childhood to adulthood, succeeding as an actor as a youngster in About a Boy and Wah-Wah, and now as an established adult actor.

He was very good in The Favourite, Warm Bodies and, most recently, The Menu, and he looks to be very well cast in this.

gag 8th January 2023 02:21 PM

MrBarlow 8th January 2023 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gag (Post 680614)

I'm definitely up for this one

Demdike@Cult Labs 8th January 2023 04:21 PM

As when Susan posted the trailer a few days ago in the Evil Dead Saga thread and nos said it looked like a jumble of bits from recent supernatural films, well it hasn't changed.

You could watch that trailer without any reference to Evil Dead and have absolutely no idea it was supposedly from that series.

Nothing about it says Evil Dead.

J Harker 8th January 2023 04:37 PM

I thought that Evil Dead Rising trailer looked decent, but, and its a big but...it looks absolutely nothing like an Evil Dead film. Merely an entertaining enough generic time passer. There's something about the Evil Dead franchise that I think makes it difficult to do anything with these days. The cabin, the distinct look of the deadites and of course Bruce Campbell, those elements are simply so iconic and so fundamental to what makes The Evil Dead work that I don't think its a repeatable formula these days.

Demdike@Cult Labs 8th January 2023 05:13 PM

It looked like typical Blumhouse supernatural film to me. The sort of thing they release every other month. Insidious and stuff like that.

Very uninspiring stuff. Give me Ash vs Evil Dead any day.

nosferatu42 8th January 2023 05:56 PM

I watched Ash vs evil dead over xmas and really enjoyed it, i'd only seen the first series prior. The pitch was perfect, it was as gory as the first film but as stupid as the third.

Hugely enjoyable, and while some storylines started to get a bit repetitive in the final series it still kept the one liners and fun coming.

The problem with Evil dead without Ash is that it becomes too serious as happened with the remake thing, whereas what made the series standout in the first place was the kinetic energy, goofy fun and experimental aspect, even the more serious original had bizarre moments.

The new one looks decently made but generic, and just dark and grim, like someone swallowed it's soul.

Also can't help feeling the setting is gonna turn it into a REC clone.

I will watch it at some point, but unless it gets really good reviews I can't see myself in a hurry to see it.

Demdike@Cult Labs 8th January 2023 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nosferatu42 (Post 680619)

The new one looks decently made but generic, and just dark and grim, like someone swallowed it's soul.

Also can't help feeling the setting is gonna turn it into a REC clone.

I will watch it at some point, but unless it gets really good reviews I can't see myself in a hurry to see it.

From the trailer it looked like supernatural entity / woman in an apartment block which has been done to death in films such as Apartment 1303

Susan Foreman 8th January 2023 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nosferatu42 (Post 680619)
Also can't help feeling the setting is gonna turn it into a REC clone

I thought 'Demons 2'!

Susan Foreman 8th January 2023 08:37 PM

Apparently Eli Roth is finally making 'Thanksgiving' - the trailer for which was included in the Rodriquez / Tarantino film 'Grindhouse' 15 years ago!

gag 11th January 2023 05:07 AM

This looks reasonable from A24 and Ari Aster.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 12th January 2023 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gag (Post 680677)
This looks reasonable from A24 and Ari Aster.

I loved Hereditary and Midsommar, Ari Aster's other films and that trailer has given me very high hopes for Beau Is Afraid, a film that looks very different from these first two but one with an intriguing story and brilliant visuals.

Susan Foreman 13th January 2023 07:58 PM

42 years after the original, Mel Brooks is bringing out the sequel!

Susan Foreman 19th January 2023 01:23 PM

New trailer for 'Scream 6'

gag 26th January 2023 02:15 PM

Attack the block sequel

https://www.fangoria.com/original/ex...m-joe-cornish/

gag 26th January 2023 04:35 PM

Children of the Corn’ Remake Finally Getting March Release from RLJE Films and Shudder

https://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/...s-and-shudder/

gag 10th February 2023 03:21 PM

First trailer for fast and furious X

I've no time of day for films like these, ridiculous ott Micheal bay style, everything you can shake a stick at except substance, souless dribble.