Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   Up and Coming Films (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/7372-up-coming-films.html)

Rik 12th April 2017 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 527911)
My thoughts exactly. I haven't made it to the cinema lately for stuff I really really wanted to see. Can't see me wasting a trip on that. A modern day reboot seems a pointless idea to me. But then I still think the Stephen Sommers movie with Brendan Fraser is brilliant.



Yeah, I liked the first two Mummy films, I haven't seen the third or the Scorpion King films though

J Harker 12th April 2017 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 527914)
Yeah, I liked the first two Mummy films, I haven't seen the third or the Scorpion King films though

The second is great fun too. Third is terrible and I can't remember The Scorpion King, it's been so long. I think Sen rates it though as I recall.

J Harker 12th April 2017 12:21 PM

Just been watching the Justice League trailer. Looks awesome. I really hope WB and Snyder get this one right after BvS.

Stephen@Cult Labs 15th April 2017 04:43 PM

Looks like there's no stopping the Fast & Furious franchise. It's being reported that The Fate of The Furious is set to have the biggest opening of all time.

https://www.flickeringmyth.com/2017/...g-of-all-time/

Demdike@Cult Labs 15th April 2017 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 528415)
Looks like there's no stopping the Fast & Furious franchise. It's being reported that The Fate of The Furious is set to have the biggest opening of all time.

https://www.flickeringmyth.com/2017/...g-of-all-time/

Earlier on this week industry estimates were at $85m in the US. Things have certainly changed with that $45m take on Friday.

Good on em' i say. It gets dull always reading how well superhero films have done.

Rik 15th April 2017 05:05 PM

Just goes to show there's an audience for these types of films, granted I'm not part of that audience :lol:

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 15th April 2017 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 528418)
Earlier on this week industry estimates were at $85m in the US. Things have certainly changed with that $45m take on Friday.

Good on em' i say. It gets dull always reading how well superhero films have done.

I'd rather watch a new Fast and the Furious film over another superhero film any day of the week.

Stephen@Cult Labs 15th April 2017 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 528420)
Just goes to show there's an audience for these types of films, granted I'm not part of that audience :lol:



There certainly is. I love them. Sure, they're ridiculous and completely over the top, but that's what makes them so fun. I'm sure most people thought there was no way the film could be as successful as Furious 7 and people went to see that just for one last look at Paul Walker, bit if the opening wekend is anything to go by, this one could very well top the last movie's $1.5 Billion take.

gag 16th April 2017 01:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 528473)
I'd rather watch a new Fast and the Furious film over another superhero film any day of the week.

So would I, and I haven't even seen one fast and furious film .

trebor8273 16th April 2017 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gag (Post 528519)
So would I, and I haven't even seen one fast and furious film .

You don't know what you are missing, brillant popcorn films which you can switch your brain off and forget your worries, just love how they get more OTT.


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:09 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
Copyright © 2014 Cult Laboratories Ltd. All rights reserved.