Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions

Like Tree3578Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19th September 2018, 12:05 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Happy death day 2

This is a insight of the film and sequel its old news tho

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/happy-death-day-ending-director-shares-sequel-plans-part-2-1048802

And this is recent(ish) news last month Happy death day and gallows 2 already filmed

https://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/3516116/jason-blum-updates-happy-death-day-2-gallows-2-already-filmed/
Old 19th September 2018, 12:18 PM
Cult Acolyte

For me, am underwhelming first trailer for Marvel's so called saviour of the Universe.
Sub standard effects and Brie Larson looking like a cardboard cut out with one facial expression.
Marvel are still hammering it home that the future is female and we all know what happens when movies start that shit. I'm fed up with identity politics being pushed in my face. The future is everyone.
Hopefully things will get better as more trailers are released. As a big Carol Danvers comic book fan I'm worried!
Old 19th September 2018, 01:17 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Boy View Post

For me, am underwhelming first trailer for Marvel's so called saviour of the Universe.
Sub standard effects and Brie Larson looking like a cardboard cut out with one facial expression.
Marvel are still hammering it home that the future is female and we all know what happens when movies start that shit. I'm fed up with identity politics being pushed in my face. The future is everyone.
Hopefully things will get better as more trailers are released. As a big Carol Danvers comic book fan I'm worried!
The future is the same as the past; A half decent film ruined by an over wrought FX fest ending, exactly the same as every other Marvel film. There are only so many planets these plonkers can throw at one another.
Old 19th September 2018, 02:09 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
The future is the same as the past; A half decent film ruined by an over wrought FX fest ending, exactly the same as every other Marvel film. There are only so many planets these plonkers can throw at one another.
Why can't they just concentrate on making a film like they use to years ago , less fx , who who in the film, huge budget, etc bollocks and concentrate on decent plot storyline tension atmosphere and likes . I'm not a fan of marvel and DC palaver or superheroes etc even if I was its just soulless action ( maybe that's part of the reason why) odd one or two i have liked or appealed to me main one's I'm only ones I am interesting is old ones like original Superman or flash Gordon which I'm watching now and the likes .
Old 19th September 2018, 02:37 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

It looks like I'm the odd one out because I've been pretty excited for this film since it was confirmed and because I want to see the origins film before the next Avengers movie. This trailer has done nothing to dampen my high expectations.

That it's going to take place in the 1990s and predate all the MCU films except Captain America: The First Avenger makes it a really interesting way of making an origins film because it will be able to be almost completely self contained and separate from the other MCU characters. I also think Brie Larsen is a great actor and I really liked Half Nelson, the only Ryan Fleck and Anna Boden-directed film which I've seen. Although they haven't made any superhero movies before, I expect this one will have Kevin Feige's fingerprints all over it.
Old 19th September 2018, 04:51 PM
Cult Acolyte

I want to be excited about it. Ms Marvel/Captain Marvel have been favourites of mine from the comics.
This trailer just does not excite me although there are some good things in the trailer like the scenes where she sports the helmet and the scene where she points out to the stars and a couple of comic book references.
I know it is only the first trailer but Brie looks bored in every scene. The trailer does seem like an extended teaser though.
This movie has got to be good and we have to believe in Brie as Captain Marvel as she is the one that is going to help save (?) The Avengers in the next film.

I'm hoping next year I will be on this site saying the film was bloody awesome.
Old 21st September 2018, 07:12 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
It looks like I'm the odd one out because I've been pretty excited for this film since it was confirmed and because I want to see the origins film before the next Avengers movie. This trailer has done nothing to dampen my high expectations.

That it's going to take place in the 1990s and predate all the MCU films except Captain America: The First Avenger makes it a really interesting way of making an origins film because it will be able to be almost completely self contained and separate from the other MCU characters. I also think Brie Larsen is a great actor and I really liked Half Nelson, the only Ryan Fleck and Anna Boden-directed film which I've seen. Although they haven't made any superhero movies before, I expect this one will have Kevin Feige's fingerprints all over it.
Your not ,.really liked the trailer , don't why people go on about special effects and cgi running films and aren't as good as stuff in the 80s etc , a lot of films we.like from the 80s were effects heavy and sure if they had they technology of today we would see the same level of effects, look at infinity war a brilliant film pretty sure people said the same.thing about infinite wars first trailer

Simply answer if you don't like marvel films don't watch them plenty of other films to watch.

Let's be honest if we look at a lot of these films we love from years ago , a lot of them are pretty poor with poor acting etc.
Old 21st September 2018, 07:24 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
Your not ,.really liked the trailer , don't why people go on about special effects and cgi running films and aren't as good as stuff in the 80s etc , a lot of films we.like from the 80s were effects heavy and sure if they had they technology of today we would see the same level of effects, look at infinity war a brilliant film pretty sure people said the same.thing about infinite wars first trailer
Sure they were effects heavy, but more often than not practical effects. To me CGI ruins films when it's overdone. The Marvel and DC films are the worst in those terms. For the finales they always throw the kitchen sink at the screen in CGI fx terms. Films like Bullitt and The French Connection are far superior to anything done nowadays basically because they really did the stunts that we see on screen. See The Man with the Golden Gun for another example. That car jump where it flips as it leaps the river would be animation nowadays

Old 21st September 2018, 07:29 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Sure they were effects heavy, but more often than not practical effects. To me CGI ruins films when it's overdone. The Marvel and DC films are the worst in those terms. For the finales they always throw the kitchen sink at the screen in CGI fx terms. Films like Bullitt and The French Connection are far superior to anything done nowadays basically because they really did the stunts that we see on screen. See The Man with the Golden Gun for another example. That car jump where it flips as it leaps the river would be animation nowadays

Yep some films would, but still plenty of films that still use real stunts ,sure most of the stunts are real in the mission impossible films etc. I was more talking about sci-fi and fantasy films which are effects heavy , and if the cgi is done right they look great and add to your immersion in the film,granted a lot with shitty effects.
Old 21st September 2018, 07:32 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Well that's not as bad as I was expecting , not going to be a patch on the original but it looks half decent.

Edit

I thought dick van dyke was dead, let's hope he does his "wonderful" cockney accent, as the film wouldn't be right without it.

Last edited by trebor8273; 21st September 2018 at 07:42 PM.

Like this? Share it using the links below!