Like Tree3578Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13th April 2021, 09:12 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Filming has started on New John wick no 4,

https://movieweb.com/john-wick-4-fil...eeves-germany/

John Wick 4 Begins Production as Keanu Reeves Arrives On Set in Germany
Keanu Reeves has been spotted in Germany in preparation for John Wick 4.

John Wick star Keanu Reeves has been spotted in Germany, specifically at Berlin's Potsdam Babelsberg studios, with the actor looking happy and ready to begin filming on John Wick 4. While Reeves recently shaved off his signature John Wick-locks for another sequel in a hugely popular franchise, The Matrix 4, his beard looks to be growing back nicely, and will no doubt once again be blood-spattered once Wick continues his endless quest for vengeance.

Development on the fourth entry in the action thriller franchise officially began some time ago, following the release of John Wick: Chapter 3 - Parabellum back in 2019. But not even John Wick can stop the ongoing global situation, and thus delays and production push backs occurred. With things slowly going back to normal-ish for the entertainment industry, Keanu Reeves and the rest of the cast and crew can now return to the world of Wick.

John Wick 4 Begins Filming This Summer, International Setting Revealed
The last audiences saw of John Wick, our favourite put-upon hitman was declared excommunicado following the violent events of John Wick: Chapter 2. Now with a hefty bounty put upon his head, Wick sets out to seek help to save himself from ruthless assassins and bounty hunters. The movie ends with John Wick being shot by his friend Winston before falling from the roof of The Continental. In the final scene, Wick joins forces with Laurence Fishburne's Bowery King, with the pair hellbent on taking the fight directly to the High Table.

The John Wick franchise has been something of a rejuvenation for Keanu Reeves' career, with the actor recently revealing that he will play the role of John Wick for "As far as my legs can take me. As far as the audience wants to go."

John Wick creator Derek Kolstad however has revealed that he is no longer involved with the franchise and will have zero involvement with John Wick 4 and John Wick 5. "I'm actually not involved in 4 and 5," he said. "At a certain stage the studio will tell you, your creation is graduated, and you wish it well. I'm still close with Chad (Stahelski), still close with David (Leitch), and I don't know what's going to happen, but I'm excited to see."

While it is unknown why Kolstad has been left out of the upcoming sequels, he is not holding any grudges, and wishes nothing but the best for John Wick and the creative team behind it. "No, it wasn't my decision," Kolstad revealed. "When you think of the [contracts] of these things, the third one I shared the credit with any number of people, they didn't have to come back to me, and so they didn't. So, you look at that, and you could be hurt, and I would - say, if I was 20 years ago - I would have been, but seeing what the industry is and how things go, I just believe that you bless everything and hope it all the best, and to the players involved who are doing other things elsewhere. And yeah, it's personal, so I'm never going to talk sh*t about John Wick. I want this thing to survive and thrive
Old 20th April 2021, 07:20 AM
Cult Master

Downton Abbey 2: The Revenge / Variety

"‘Downton Abbey 2’ Hitting Theaters in December With Original Cast Returning

...Focus Features will shoot a sequel to the hit movie, itself a spinoff of the long-running television series. The original principal cast will all once again return for the second film, which began production last week and is set to release on December 22, 2021.

Gareth Neame’s Carnival Films will co-produce the picture. In addition to the original cast, Hugh Dancy (“Hannibal”), Laura Haddock (“Guardians of the Galaxy”), Nathalie Baye (“Catch Me If You Can”) and Dominic West (“The Wire”) will join the festivities, providing viewers with a heavily romanticized view of the good old English class system along with a healthy dollop of real-estate envy. “Downton” creator Julian Fellowes will once again write the film’s screenplay, with Emmy and BAFTA Award winner Neame and Emmy Award-winning Liz Trubridge back to produce alongside him. Simon Curtis (“My Week with Marilyn”) will direct the sequel.

Neame, the film’s producer and executive chairman of Carnival Films, said that follow-up was the perfect antidote to a terrible year and change.

“After a very challenging year with so many of us separated from family and friends, it is a huge comfort to think that better times are ahead and that next Christmas we will be reunited with the much beloved characters of Downton Abbey,” he said."

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 20th April 2021, 08:27 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

trebor8273 likes this.
Old 20th April 2021, 08:49 AM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
Filming has started on New John wick no 4,

https://movieweb.com/john-wick-4-fil...eeves-germany/

John Wick 4 Begins Production as Keanu Reeves Arrives On Set in Germany
Keanu Reeves has been spotted in Germany in preparation for John Wick 4.

John Wick star Keanu Reeves has been spotted in Germany, specifically at Berlin's Potsdam Babelsberg studios, with the actor looking happy and ready to begin filming on John Wick 4. While Reeves recently shaved off his signature John Wick-locks for another sequel in a hugely popular franchise, The Matrix 4, his beard looks to be growing back nicely, and will no doubt once again be blood-spattered once Wick continues his endless quest for vengeance.

Development on the fourth entry in the action thriller franchise officially began some time ago, following the release of John Wick: Chapter 3 - Parabellum back in 2019. But not even John Wick can stop the ongoing global situation, and thus delays and production push backs occurred. With things slowly going back to normal-ish for the entertainment industry, Keanu Reeves and the rest of the cast and crew can now return to the world of Wick.

John Wick 4 Begins Filming This Summer, International Setting Revealed
The last audiences saw of John Wick, our favourite put-upon hitman was declared excommunicado following the violent events of John Wick: Chapter 2. Now with a hefty bounty put upon his head, Wick sets out to seek help to save himself from ruthless assassins and bounty hunters. The movie ends with John Wick being shot by his friend Winston before falling from the roof of The Continental. In the final scene, Wick joins forces with Laurence Fishburne's Bowery King, with the pair hellbent on taking the fight directly to the High Table.

The John Wick franchise has been something of a rejuvenation for Keanu Reeves' career, with the actor recently revealing that he will play the role of John Wick for "As far as my legs can take me. As far as the audience wants to go."

John Wick creator Derek Kolstad however has revealed that he is no longer involved with the franchise and will have zero involvement with John Wick 4 and John Wick 5. "I'm actually not involved in 4 and 5," he said. "At a certain stage the studio will tell you, your creation is graduated, and you wish it well. I'm still close with Chad (Stahelski), still close with David (Leitch), and I don't know what's going to happen, but I'm excited to see."

While it is unknown why Kolstad has been left out of the upcoming sequels, he is not holding any grudges, and wishes nothing but the best for John Wick and the creative team behind it. "No, it wasn't my decision," Kolstad revealed. "When you think of the [contracts] of these things, the third one I shared the credit with any number of people, they didn't have to come back to me, and so they didn't. So, you look at that, and you could be hurt, and I would - say, if I was 20 years ago - I would have been, but seeing what the industry is and how things go, I just believe that you bless everything and hope it all the best, and to the players involved who are doing other things elsewhere. And yeah, it's personal, so I'm never going to talk sh*t about John Wick. I want this thing to survive and thrive
So we know he's not dying in 4 then.
Old 20th April 2021, 11:31 AM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

I was delighted when i heard the news yesterday of a second Downton Abbey film.
Old 20th April 2021, 06:23 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

https://screencrush.com/rob-zombie-m...FmBtjGwZ1f1aKE

Rob Zombie Is Rebooting ‘The Munsters,’ Rumored To Be a Peacock Exclusive

Rob Zombie and mid-century TV's The Munsters will soon come together onscreen, as the 3 From Hell auteur and musician has landed yet another classic entertainment property on which to put his unique stamp as a filmmaker. And the project's rumored to be a part of NBCUniversal's new streaming service, Peacock.

According to Bloody Disgusting, the gossip on Monday (April 19) was that the solo artist and former White Zombie bandleader — also known to horror movie devotees for his Firefly Trilogy (House of 1000 Corpses and The Devil's Rejects along with 3 From Hell), among other scary flicks — would most likely make The Munsters as a Peacock exclusive to premiere on streaming and in theaters at the same time.

But the fact that Zombie is rebooting The Munsters in the first place is evidently not a rumor — it's only the avenue by which it will emerge that's fueling speculation. The initial news of Zombie's attachment to the sitcom franchise first came up last month.

"Production on the film is currently set to begin in Budapest in early May," Murphy's Universe reported in March. "Two of Zombie's usual suspects have been cast as leads in the comedy, with Jeff Daniel Phillips set as Herman Munster and Zombie's wife, Sheri Moon Zombie, set as Lily Munster."

The cast of Zombie's Munsters will also reportedly include Dan Roebuck, Jorge Garcia and Richard Brake. Not to mention, Cassandra Peterson, known to horror buffs as Elvira, Mistress of the Dark, will also play a supporting role.

Fans of Zombie's films — many of which feature intense horror scenes — might be interested to see how the director molds the family-friendly '60s TV series about a monster family into the type of retelling he'd call his own. After all, the filmmaker has a pretty specific vision for the movies he crafts. In 2007, he rebooted Halloween (later doing the same with Halloween II) in a way that only the "Dragula" singer could.

"I think for the most part, with most horror movies, it's the weird ones that seem to stick with people," Zombie told Loudwire in 2018. "It's not the blockbusters that did $100 million that was everywhere, that everybody loved. Sometimes those just get forgotten. It's kind of the weird movies that really hit the fanbase. Like Evil Dead — that wasn't a blockbuster that did $100 million. It's a movie most people, at the time, had never even heard of. Those are the ones that stick around."
Old 20th April 2021, 06:56 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
Warning

A classic character (well sort of) from original ghostbusters returns so if you don’t want to know turn away now

http://www.pajiba.com/film_reviews/ghostbusters-afterlife-reveals-a-new-adorable-and-mischievous-character-.php

Ghostbusters: Afterlife’ Reveals A New, Adorable And Mischievous Character

There is footage of me at the tender age of two, running around with a proton pack strapped to my back. Two years ago, I wrote a Shakespearean adaptation of Ghostbusters for a theater company in NYC. In 2016 I excitedly took my then four-year-old niece to see Ghostbusters: Answer The Call. Last year on Halloween, I handed out candy dressed as, you guessed it, a Ghostbuster.

I love Ghostbusters and y’all, I am so excited for the new movie that I could plotz. The idea alone, Jason Reitman, taking over the reins from his father to continue the story of the original, was incredibly enticing. It became even more so when it was made clear they would be honoring the late, great Harold Ramis and his character Egon Spengler.

In an ideal world, I would have been seeing it in a theater last June. However, the release was delayed due to the Coronavirus pandemic. I was crushed. Since then I have been eagerly awaiting any new info. A trailer, a picture, or in this case, a clip!

For those who wish to remain spoiler-free, turn back now, because this is a pretty big reveal in my humble opinion.

Mini Stay Puft!! Eeeek!!! Not gonna lie, I actually shrieked when I saw this. That is no exaggeration. The music cue, the classic character presented in a new way (and giving off some real Gremlins vibes). They’re playfully making a S’more out of one of their own. We’re still waiting to see more, of course, but the spirit (nailed it) of the films appears to be alive, well, and moving forward. Even just in this quick scene we get something silly and pretty spooky! Those things bite and they’re everywhere!

Ghostbusters: Afterlife will be released in theaters in November and honestly that can’t come fast enough.
Might just be but I like the look of it, has to be better than the remake. It's obvious the young girl is Egon's granddaughter. Not a 100% on kids saving the world hoping the guys turn to save the world again one last time.

Last edited by trebor8273; 20th April 2021 at 07:06 PM.
Old 26th April 2021, 11:23 AM
Cult Master

Spielberg's 'West Side Story' - coming December 2021

Old 26th April 2021, 09:06 PM
Cult Master

Guess what film The Asylum have set their sights on!

Ape Vs. Monster

Old 29th April 2021, 12:23 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Good new I’m

https://thefilmstage.com/david-crone...IiHxYaV9URE2rM

David Cronenberg Returns to Crimes Of The Future as Summer Shoot is Set for His Next Film

Having not directed a film since 2014’s Maps to the Stars, we’ve been patiently awaiting the return of Canadian master David Cronenberg. Viggo Mortensen finally let slip earlier this year that he was reuniting with his Eastern Promises and A History of Violence director for a new film this summer—a “strange film noir story” that will find him going back to his origins. Now, the first official details have arrived.

Cronenberg is confirmed to be headed to Greece this summer to shoot a sci-fi film with the title of Crimes of the Future, reports KFTV (via Screen Daily). Fans of the director’s early work will of course recognize it is the same title as one of his first films, made in 1970 and set in 1997, following a mad dermatologist who searches for his mentor after a cosmetic invention gone wrong kills the entire population of sexually mature women.

With shooting set to kick off in early August and last through mid-September, it’s not confirmed yet if this will be a straight-up remake or take a different route. As one can see below, the original film is quite a low-budget affair, as the director was finding his voice, so it wouldn’t be surprising if he wants to rework the material.

“I am looking forward to returning to Greece to shoot another film with Argonauts. It has been 14 years since we shot Fugitive Pieces in Athens, Hydra and Mitilini, an experience of which I have fond and positive souvenirs. Athens is the perfect setting for Crimes Of The Future, as it is bespoke tailoring for David Cronenberg’s unique vision of a future which intermingles with the past,” said producer Robert Lantos.

Same story just different website etc

https://theplaylist.net/david-cronen...yuLjBysqcVsC-c

David Cronenberg’s New Feature With Viggo Mortensen Reportedly Begins Filming In August

Last October, Viggo Mortensen teased the possibility of working with filmmaker David Cronenberg on a new film sometime in 2021. At the time, considering how long it’s been since Cronenberg’s most recent feature film work (2014’s “Maps to the Stars”), fans were a bit apprehensive about believing it might actually happen. Then earlier this year, Mortensen again teased the project and called it a “strange noir,” making skeptical fans get a bit more excited about the possibility. Well, according to a new report, it’s time to turn the skeptics into believers as it appears Cronenberg’s latest film is actually going to begin filming this summer.

According to a report from KFTV (via The Film Stage), a producer on the upcoming Cronenberg film said that filming is expected to begin, in Greece, on the new feature in early August and last for 30 days, ending in September. He even dropped the title, “Crimes of the Future,” which might pique the interest of Cronenberg fans a bit more.

“I am looking forward to returning to Greece to shoot another film with Argonauts,” said producer Robert Lantos. “It has been 14 years since we shot ‘Fugitive Pieces’ in Athens, Hydra, and Mitilini, an experience of which I have fond and positive souvenirs. Athens is the perfect setting for ‘Crimes Of The Future,’ as it is bespoke tailoring for David Cronenberg’s unique vision of a future which intermingles with the past.”

First, the best news for fans of Cronenberg is the fact that filming of a new film (whatever it might be) is actually set for August, which means we’re approximately a year or so from potentially seeing his new film. But the additional news that the title (at least the working title) is “Crimes of the Future” does add an extra wrinkle to the proceedings.

You see, “Crimes of the Future” is also the title of a 1970 film written and directed by Cronenberg, which details the story of a dermatologist who goes on the hunt for his mentor, a mad scientist-esque character that develops a new cosmetic invention that wipes out the entire race of sexually mature women. Though it’s a film that has been readily available for decades, the 63-minute feature is one of Cronenberg’s earliest films that didn’t have the luxury of a decent budget and technology. So, if the new film aims to adapt that story and remake it with a bigger budget, that wouldn’t be all that surprising.

And when you take into consideration the comments by Mortensen about the film being a “strange noir” that reminds him of Cronenberg’s “origins,” then it does make sense that maybe “Crimes of the Future” is a remake or reimagining of the earlier work. Of course, this is just one of the many unknowns when it comes to the film, as we are just speculating at this point. Though, if the producer is to be believed, no matter what, there’s a new Cronenberg project on the horizon starring Viggo Mortensen. And that’s cause for celebration

Like this? Share it using the links below!