Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions

Like Tree24Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20th February 2012, 01:12 PM
Cult Addict

Looking forward to seeing the final piece Kyle.
Old 20th February 2012, 02:26 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvdvds@Cult Labs View Post
Here's a little bit more detail on Rick's final artwork...

"This is it, all wrapped up and ready to rumble! As I write I still don’t know if it’ll be accepted by Arrow or even if it’s any good. It’s only when I start getting comments on forums like Cult Labs that I know if I’ve missed the mark or not. Whether I go out tonight full of myself or limper than a boiled asparagus tip is all down to you guys! Mind you, sometimes a good scrunching isn’t the end of the world. The worst I ever got was over a poster I did for a film called Cassadaga. The first post read “I can’t believe people pay for shit like this”. And that was one of the more positive ones! The producers commissioned two more posters, real classy ones (not from me!) but in the end both sank without a trace and my turd of an effort eventually bobbed to the top, just like most turds do. It still gets panned into oblivion but it caused such a ruckus I think it wound up more famous than the film! It’s even been joined by a NSFW version incase somebody out there wasn’t repulsed enough first time around! Let’s hope The Deadly Spawn artwork gets some really nice pleasant reviews. I won’t be holding my breadth mind, Graham Humphries has had more bad reviews than I’ve had good ones and he’s never had a bad review!

If you are enjoying seeing these pieces as they are created I’ll slap some more up and if you’re not, well, I’ll keep slapping ‘em up anyway until Almar slings me off! Comment away chums and don’t spare my feelings!"

- Rick Melton
That Cassadaga artwork is absolutely brilliant and don't get what all the negative fuss was about. After watching the trailer for the film it looks like it captures a particular scene perfectly but with added boob and in my eyes you can't go wrong with more boob!

Anyway back to topic I also adore the Deadly Spawn artwork too (to be honest I think I love every bit of artwork Rick lovingly creates so I may be biased) I do hope it get's used though along with any other upcomg work

Check out my wife and I's new travel blog www.wepackedourbags.com

My entire Blu Collection for sale: https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/dvd...tion-sale.html

Like this? Share it using the links below!