Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree1331Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31st March 2012, 11:48 AM
Cult Acolyte

Default The Night of the Hunter (1955)

The Night of the Hunter (1955)

Rev. Harry Powell: [when he notices John staring at the words "love" and "hate" tattooed across his knuckles] Ah, little lad, you're staring at my fingers. Would you like me to tell you the little story of right-hand/left-hand? The story of good and evil? H-A-T-E! It was with this left hand that old brother Cain struck the blow that laid his brother low. L-O-V-E! You see these fingers, dear hearts? These fingers has veins that run straight to the soul of man. The right hand, friends, the hand of love. Now watch, and I'll show you the story of life. Those fingers, dear hearts, is always a-warring and a-tugging, one agin t'other. Now watch 'em! Old brother left hand, left hand he's a fighting, and it looks like love's a goner. But wait a minute! Hot dog, love's a winning! Yessirree! It's love that's won, and old left hand hate is down for the count!

Rev. Harry Powell: There are things you do hate, Lord. Perfume-smellin' things, lacy things, things with curly hair.

Rev. Harry Powell: I can hear you whisperin' children, so I know you're down there. I can feel myself gettin' awful mad. I'm out of patience children. I'm coming to find you now.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg The Night of the Hunter (1955).jpg (100.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg The Night of the Hunter (2).jpg (103.1 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg The Night of the Hunter (3).jpg (85.9 KB, 0 views)
Old 31st March 2012, 11:54 AM
Cult Acolyte

Default North by Northwest (1959)

North by Northwest (1959)

Roger Thornhill: Now you listen to me, I'm an advertising man, not a red herring. I've got a job, a secretary, a mother, two ex-wives and several bartenders that depend upon me, and I don't intend to disappoint them all by getting myself "slightly" killed.

Roger Thornhill: No. No, Mother, I have not been drinking. No. No. These two men, they poured a whole bottle of bourbon into me. No, they didn't give me a chaser.

Roger Thornhill: In the world of advertising, there's no such thing as a lie. There's only expedient exaggeration.

Roger Thornhill: Apparently the only performance that will satisfy you is when I play dead.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg North by Northwest (3).jpg (104.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg North by Northwest (2).jpg (94.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg North by Northwest (1959).jpg (100.2 KB, 0 views)
Old 31st March 2012, 12:04 PM
Cult Acolyte

Default Planet of the Apes (1968)

Planet of the Apes (1968)

George Taylor: If this is the best they've got around here, in six months we'll be running this planet.

Cornelius: Beware the beast Man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone among God's primates, he kills for sport or lust or greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him; drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of death.

George Taylor: A planet where apes evolved from men? There's got to be an answer.

George Taylor: Oh my God. I'm back. I'm home. All the time, it was... We finally really did it.
You Maniacs! You blew it up! Ah, damn you! God damn you all to hell!

George Taylor: And that completes my final report until we reach touchdown. We're now on full automatic, in the hands of the computers. I have tucked my crew in for the long sleep and I'll be joining them soon. In less than an hour, we'll finish our sixth month out of Cape Kennedy. Six months in deep space - by our time, that is. According to Dr. Haslein's theory of time, in a vehicle travelling nearly the speed of light, the Earth has aged nearly 700 years since we left it, while we've aged hardly at all. Maybe so. This much is probably true - the men who sent us on this journey are long since dead and gone. You who are reading me now are a different breed - I hope a better one. I leave the 20th century with no regrets. But one more thing - if anybody's listening, that is. Nothing scientific. It's purely personal. But seen from out here everything seems different. Time bends. Space is boundless. It squashes a man's ego. I feel lonely. That's about it. Tell me, though. Does man, that marvel of the universe, that glorious paradox who sent me to the stars, still make war against his brother? Keep his neighbor's children starving?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Planet of the Apes.jpg (94.2 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg Planet of the Apes (2).jpg (92.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Planet of the Apes (4).jpg (95.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Planet of the Apes (3).jpg (95.5 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg Planet of the Apes (5).jpg (91.5 KB, 2 views)
Old 31st March 2012, 04:02 PM
Cult Acolyte

Default Scanners (1981)

Scanners (1981)

Paul Ruth: Freak of nature, born with a certain form of ESP; derangement of the synapses which we call telepathy.

Darryl Revok: All right. We're gonna do this the scanner way. I'm gonna suck your brain dry! Everything you are is gonna become me. You're gonna be with me Cameron, no matter what. After all, brothers should be close, don't you think?

Darryl Revok: There's a whole generation of scanners soldiers just a few months away from being born. We'll find them. Train them to be like us. Not like Obrist and their band of cripples. We'll bring the world of normals to their knees. We'll build an empire so brilliant, so glorious. We'll be the envy of the whole planet.

Darryl Revok: This was a test campaign used in 1947 to market a new product. The product was a drug, a tranquilizer called 'Ephemerol'. It was aimed at pregnant women. If it had worked it would have been marketed all over North America. But the campaign failed and the drug failed, because it had a side effect on the unborn children. An invisible side effect.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Scanners.jpg (91.3 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg Scanners (2).jpg (84.9 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg Scanners (3).jpg (84.4 KB, 2 views)
Old 31st March 2012, 06:28 PM
Cult Acolyte

Default Zombieland (2009)

Zombieland (2009)

Columbus:You see? You just can't trust anyone. The first girl I let into my life and she tries to eat me.

Columbus: The first rule of Zombieland: Cardio. When the zombie outbreak first hit, the first to go, for obvious reasons... were the fatties.

Columbus: [to Tallahassee] You are like a giant cock-blocking robot, like, developed in a secret ****ing government lab.

Tallahassee: Out west, we hear it's back east. Back east, they hear it's out west. It's all just nonsense. You know, you're like a penguin on the North Pole who hears the South Pole is really nice this time of the year.
Columbus: There are no penguins on the North Pole.
Tallahassee: You wanna feel how hard I can punch?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Zombieland.jpg (100.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Zombieland (2).jpg (90.5 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg Zombieland (3).jpg (82.2 KB, 1 views)
Old 31st March 2012, 06:57 PM
Cult Acolyte

Default The Thick of It" Episode #3.1 (2009)

The Thick of It" Episode #3.1 (2009)

Malcolm Tucker: [on the phone] Well you know, Howard, she's not bent, either in the sense of being corrupt or being gay. And by the way, that's an incredibly homophobic headline, you massive poof. You've got egg on your face, Howard, you over-easy piss-bag.

Malcolm Tucker: Oh, well that's great. That's ****ing great. That's another ****ing thing, right there. Not only you've got a ****ing bent husband and a ****ing daughter that gets taken to school on a ****ing sedan chair, you're also ****ing mental! Jesus Christ, see you, you are a ****ing omni-shambles, that's what you are. You're like that coffee machine, you know, "From bean to cup, you **** up."

Malcolm Tucker: Of course it ****ing does, as per the wee bar code and the serial number under your right armpit you are now built and owned by this state and you're under the spotlight 24 hours a day, darling! You know what you are? You're a ****ing human dart board. And Eric ****ing Bristow's on the oche throwing a million darts made of human shit right at you!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg The Thick of It.jpg (50.9 KB, 1 views)
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 31st March 2012, 07:26 PM
Cult Acolyte

Default Full Metal Jacket (1987)

GUNNERY SERGEANT HARTMAN
I'm going to to give you three seconds, exactly THREE-****ING-SECONDS, to WIPE that stupid looking grin off your face, or I WILL GOUGE OUT YOUR EYEBALLS AND SKULL-**** YOU!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg _full_metal_jacket.jpg (95.3 KB, 1 views)
Old 31st March 2012, 09:40 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Heartbreak Ridge (1986)

Highway: Get in there. Tell them who you are, so no friendlies get hurt.
Corporal 'Stitch' Jones: Hello happening hostages! I'm Stitch Jones, Mr. Funkadelic!
Highway: Try "U.S. Marine", shithead...

Greetings!
Old 31st March 2012, 10:53 PM
Cult Acolyte

Default Land of the Dead (2005)

Land of the Dead (2005)

Kaufman: Zombies, man. They creep me out.

Cholo:There are three things a man must do alone - be born, die and, well, we all know the other one.

Cholo: How many times have I told you, Riley, stop banging chicks with more problems than you.

Riley: Good shooting, Charlie. No such thing as nice shooting.

Kaufman: In a world where the dead are returning to life, the word "trouble" loses much of its meaning.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Land of the Dead (4).jpg (84.2 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg Land of the Dead (2).jpg (86.7 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg Land of the Dead .jpg (86.8 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg Land of the Dead (3).jpg (96.0 KB, 1 views)
Old 31st March 2012, 11:01 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

My favourite Romero zombie film, Land of the Dead. *

I watch it at least once a year, its a comfort film for me.

* I realise that is a statement that everyone else on here thinks is just f**kin stupid.

Like this? Share it using the links below!