All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree1331Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27th March 2012, 04:14 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by nordicdusk View Post
White Heat 1943

Cody Jarrett: I told you to keep away from that radio. If that battery is dead it'll have company.

Attachment 49733
Thats a cool line,don't think ive seen White Heat for ages
Nordicdusk likes this.
Old 27th March 2012, 04:16 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

The Public Enemy 1931

Tom Powers: So beer ain't good enough for you, huh?
Mike Powers: Do you think I care if there was just beer in that keg? I know what's in it. I know what you've been doing all this time, how you got those clothes and those new cars. You've been telling Ma that you've gone into politics, that you're on the city payroll. Pat Burke told me everything. You murderers! There's not only beer in that jug. There's beer and blood - blood of men!
[Mike throws the keg into the corner, smashing Mrs Powers' table and causing a racket]
Tom Powers: [Stands] You ain't changed a bit.
[Tom walks away, but turns for the last word]
Tom Powers: Besides, your hands ain't so clean. You killed and liked it. You didn't get them medals for holding hands with them Germans.

Gwen Allen: You are different, Tommy. Very different. And I've discovered it isn't only a difference in manner and outward appearances. It's a difference in basic character. The men I know - and I've known dozens of them - oh, they're so nice, so polished, so considerate. Most women like that type. I guess they're afraid of the other kind. I thought I was too, but you're so strong. You don't give, you take. Oh, Tommy, I could love you to death.

Tom Powers: Hello baby. What are you gonna have?
Kitty: Anything you say, big boy.
Tom Powers: You're a swell dish. I think I'm going to go for you.

Matt Doyle: Gee, she's a honey. I could go for her myself.
Tom Powers: What do you mean, you could go for her yourself? You could go for an eighty year old chick with rheumatism.

images (1).jpg
VicDakin likes this.
Old 27th March 2012, 04:17 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

They just don't write dialogue like they used to.
Nordicdusk likes this.
Old 27th March 2012, 04:18 PM
Cult Acolyte

Default You could go for an eighty year old chick with rheumatism.

Quote:
You could go for an eighty year old chick with rheumatism.
im gonna use that one day
Nordicdusk likes this.
Old 27th March 2012, 04:18 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by VicDakin View Post
Thats a cool line,don't think ive seen White Heat for ages
It sure is a great line Cagney is so menacing when he says it too you really believe he means it if you get what i mean.
Old 27th March 2012, 04:20 PM
Cult Acolyte

Default cagney

Quote:
It sure is a great line Cagney is so menacing when he says it too you really believe he means it if you get what i mean.
Mind you he's probably holding a tommy gun as he says it,so id probably believe him
Nordicdusk likes this.
Old 27th March 2012, 04:21 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike View Post
They just don't write dialogue like they used to.
To think these films were made 60 odd years ago even today people cant write like that. Really was the golden age.
Old 27th March 2012, 04:25 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
To think these films were made 60 odd years ago even today people cant write like that. Really was the golden age.
Chock full of innuendo as well. Todays screenwriters just throw in a few "f"'s and think its intelligent witty dialogue.
Nordicdusk likes this.
Old 27th March 2012, 04:36 PM
Cult Acolyte

Default True Romance (1993)

True Romance (1993)

Drexl Spivey: Marty. Y'know what we got here? Mother****in' Charlie Bronson. Mr. Majestyk.

Vincenzo Coccotti: Sicilians are great liars. The best in the world. I'm Sicilian. My father was the world heavy-weight champion of Sicilian liars. From growing up with him I learned the pantomime. There are seventeen different things a guy can do when he lies to give himself away. A guys got seventeen pantomimes. A woman's got twenty, but a guy's got seventeen... but, if you know them, like you know your own face, they beat lie detectors all to hell. Now, what we got here is a little game of show and tell. You don't wanna show me nothin', but you're tellin me everything. I know you know where they are, so tell me before I do some damage you won't walk away from.

Coccotti: That smarts, doesn't it? Getting slammed in the nose. ****s you all up. You get that pain shootin' through your brain, your eyes fill up with water. That ain't any kind of fun, but what I have to offer you, that's as good as it's gonna get. And it won't ever get that good again. We talked to your neighbors. They saw a Cadillac. Purple Cadillac. Clarence's purple Cadillac, parked in front of your trailer yesterday. Mr. Worley, you seen your son?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg True Romance (2).jpg (77.9 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg True Romance (3).jpg (87.8 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg True Romance.jpg (80.9 KB, 1 views)
Old 27th March 2012, 04:45 PM
Cult Master

Cape Fear 1962

Diane Taylor: [Diane is cuddling with Max as he is driving] Why are we going this way?
Max Cady: Better scenery.
Diane Taylor: What would you know about scenery? Or beauty? Or any of the things that really make life worth living? You're just an animal: coarse, lustful, barbaric.
Max Cady: Keep right on talkin', honey. I like it when you run me down like that.
Diane Taylor: Max Cady, what I like about you is... you're rock bottom. I wouldn't expect you to understand this, but it's a great comfort for a girl to know she could not possibly sink any lower.

Max Cady: [Bowden has shot Cady and is holding the gun on him] Go ahead. I just don't give a damn.
Sam Bowden: No. No! That would be letting you off too easy, too fast. Your words - do you remember? Well I do. No, we're gonna take good care of you. We're gonna nurse you back to health. And you're strong, Cady. You're gonna live a long life... in a cage! That's where you belong and that's where you're going. And this time for life! Bang your head against the walls. Count the years - the months - the hours... until the day you rot!

Max Cady: I got somethin' planned for your wife and kid that they ain't nevah gonna forget. They ain't nevah gonna forget it... and neither will you, Counselor! Nevah!

El Cabo Del Terror - Cape Fear - 1962 - Carteles de Cine - 008.jpg
VicDakin likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!