Like Tree16Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11th January 2013, 11:37 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
Play away

No, I'd still watch them. But for me the Clownhouse/Salva case is notorious, bearing in mind we're talking about a minor here, too.

I'd still watch Jeepers Creepers for instance, it's just I feel uneasy about watching Clownhouse due to what went on, and it spoils any enjoyment I had whilst watching the film... Films, for me, are a way to make you forget reality, and are there to get lost in. Clownhouse is too tainted to have this desired effect for me anymore.
Fair enough buddy, I get your point. It is a worse crime to commit

Check out my wife and I's new travel blog www.wepackedourbags.com

My entire Blu Collection for sale: https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/dvd...tion-sale.html
Old 14th January 2013, 01:09 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Cough Klaus Kinski cough. it's not often that I agree with Dara O'Brien but what he said on Stargazing Live very apt after hearing this news. Polanski was a lightweight it seems......

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 4th February 2013, 12:45 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

What is Kinski to have been reported to have got up to, then?
Old 4th February 2013, 06:10 AM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemonia View Post
What is Kinski to have been reported to have got up to, then?
Quoted from wikipedia:

"In 2013, approximately 40 years after the alleged abuse stopped, and 20 years after his death, Kinski's daughter Pola published an autobiography in which she stated that he repeatedly molested and abused her from the age of 5 until 19. She said "He saw me as his little sex object on a silk pillow. I didn't want to do it, but he didn't care. He just took whatever he wanted." and "I want everyone to know the truth about my father because I am sick and tired of people in Germany glorifying him. Everywhere I hear 'He was such a great actor' and 'I loved him in so-and-so movie'. The adulation only got worse after his death."

Kinski's younger daughter, actress Nastassja Kinski, who is Pola's half-sister, was questioned about the matter in an interview published in the January 13, 2013, online issue of the German tabloid Bild. She confirmed that he tried with her, but did not actually succeed. She stated: "He was no father. 99 percent of the time I was terrified of him. He was so unpredictable that the family lived in constant terror." When asked what she would say to him now, if she had the chance, she replied: "I would do anything to put him behind bars for life. I am glad he is no longer alive.""

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 4th February 2013, 03:57 PM
Cult Addict

Well...i'll be taking this with a pinch of salt. All these alligations are coming out to think and to fast for me to believe even most of them...but if he had been accused several years before then that complicates matters. I think he's still a bad ass, but what he did sounds horrible.

DVD and BD collection
Old 4th February 2013, 04:53 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Pola Kinski promoted the release of her book, and Nasty Nasti is still suffering from being less famous than her father...

Sent from my I9100 Galaxy S II via Tapatalk 2
Old 5th February 2013, 11:38 AM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

This thread inspired me to try Clownhouse and see if I could indeed separate the art from the artist, I had seen the film before, probably about 10-12 years ago.
However having gone into the film the 2nd time knowing what had happened, I just found it creepy, pre-teens in their underwear, pre-teens naked bum?!? He looked uncomfortable as well - I don't know if that is reading between the lines but it was very uncomfortable to watch, I switched it off after 20 minutes...

I think, I could separate the actions of the artist from the art IF the art had merit, therefore previous brought up comments about Jeffrey Jones and Roman Polanski I could still find palatable since a) they are good at their craft and b) there is no subtext condoning dodgy actions. However in the case of Clownhouse it felt slimey watching it - I'm willing to continue the experiment and try some of his later films though, I saw Jeepers Creepers at the cinema and I watched Powder when it first came out so I would need to revisit those both.

I'll let you know.
PaulD likes this.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 5th February 2013, 11:56 AM
Cult Addict

I seem to have heard a fair bit of controversy about Child Bride. Both MST3K and Cinema Titanica have reffused fan requests to riff it due to content both in front of the camera and behind it. I've never seen it but Brad Jones seemed to consider it one of the worst films he ever had to watch for The Cinema Snob, can the under age nature of the nudity be THAT sexualised it's hard to watch?

DVD and BD collection
Old 7th February 2013, 08:01 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
This thread inspired me to try Clownhouse and see if I could indeed separate the art from the artist, I had seen the film before, probably about 10-12 years ago.
However having gone into the film the 2nd time knowing what had happened, I just found it creepy, pre-teens in their underwear, pre-teens naked bum?!? He looked uncomfortable as well - I don't know if that is reading between the lines but it was very uncomfortable to watch, I switched it off after 20 minutes...

I think, I could separate the actions of the artist from the art IF the art had merit, therefore previous brought up comments about Jeffrey Jones and Roman Polanski I could still find palatable since a) they are good at their craft and b) there is no subtext condoning dodgy actions. However in the case of Clownhouse it felt slimey watching it - I'm willing to continue the experiment and try some of his later films though, I saw Jeepers Creepers at the cinema and I watched Powder when it first came out so I would need to revisit those both.

I'll let you know.
Absolutely. The unnecessary scene of the kid in the bath really appalled me

Like this? Share it using the links below!