Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree29Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19th October 2012, 08:41 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

I always have a soft spot for Psycho 2. Not a patch on the original but a really enjoyable continuation of Bates' story
Old 19th October 2012, 08:49 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Me too, I like 3 as well, however part 4 I've only seen once and I'm not in a rush to watch it again
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 19th October 2012, 09:15 PM
Active Cultist

Send a message via Skype™ to Invid Ninja

I personally think Psycho 2 is a fantastic film, certainly one of my favourite sequels period. 3 and 4 I have yet to watch, but the promise of Olivia Hussey in 4 will have me seeing to it eventually.

I second Exorcist 2 as somewhat underrated especially from a visual perspective, I will say though wasn't a fan of Morricone's score especially compared to his other work.

I will say I personally enjoy most Cannon sequels, American Ninja 2, Death Wish 3 and 4 and yes even Superman 4.

Cold Iron (R.O.T.O.R, 1987)
Old 19th October 2012, 09:37 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

I love how Psycho 2 happens in real time if you like, with the film being made 22 years after the original and with Bates having been in prison for the same length of time. It gives it a sense of credibility. Really wasn't keen on the fourth although recall the third being pretty decent. Must pick up the box set with all films in at some point actually.
Old 19th October 2012, 09:43 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Part 3 suffered from studio interference I believe meaning Tony Perkins didn't get to make the film he wanted to i.e in B & W like the original
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 19th October 2012, 09:49 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
Part 3 suffered from studio interference I believe meaning Tony Perkins didn't get to make the film he wanted to i.e in B & W like the original
Ah really? I knew he directed it but didn't know that.
Old 19th October 2012, 09:59 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulD View Post
Ah really? I knew he directed it but didn't know that.
I read it somewhere years ago, but a quick check on IMDb just confirmed it
Old 19th October 2012, 11:51 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike View Post
You mention Exorcist 2 (You must be mad ),
But the first sequel has James Earl Jones on the back of a magic fly and an amazing bird house made from buffed shiny metal. Admittedly the rest of the film is shite.
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 20th October 2012, 02:20 AM
Cultist

I liked all the Psycho sequels, (not so much the needless remake tho), the first was high on tension and suspense with very well developed characters, but yes, i find myself enjoying the others just as much. The one with the Nun is probably my least favorite... what was that? Part 3? and i thought part 4 was well done too.

I should also have added Evil Dead 2 to my list. the first was great but i find myself watching part 2 and Army of Darkness: Evil Dead 3 more. and Also Basket Case 2 and Basket Case 3: The Progeny - more fun than the original IMHO.

I've long wanted to see The Birds 2: Lands End and Whatever Happened To Rosemary's Baby. (i know they are hailed as being god awful but i'm curious - does Anyone recommend these??)

JL
Old 20th October 2012, 09:03 AM
Cult Acolyte

I must admit to not being a particular fan of sequels.I usually much prefer watching original films to their follow-ups, The Evil Dead being a prime example.I don't mind Evil Dead II, but I can't stand Army of Darkness.Give me Raimi's rough 'n' ready original anyday.
Beyond72 likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!