Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   Guilty Sequel Pleasures (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/9794-guilty-sequel-pleasures.html)

R-T-C Tim 7th November 2012 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 290417)
I really like Part 5: Inferno. It's more of a dark thriller, but it's the second best sequel after Hellbound, for me.

Agreed. Not really a Hellraiser film but just a really good atmospheric horror.

jamie_leigh44 7th November 2012 10:32 PM

More Thriller than horror, but i just watched The Glass House 2: The Good Mother, and i loved it... i think it was better than the original, which i also loved, and Eve (the mother) was superbly cast :)

This movie now makes my sequels list! :nod:

oh, and also, i think i might just check out the Hellraiser movies mentioned, I've only seen 1-3 and i look forward to the return of Kirsty... if i can watch all 8 of the Children Of The Corn movies, i guess i can check out these! :cool:

Thanks for the suggestions!

JL

it'smebilly 7th November 2012 10:36 PM

I suppose I could say this about a few of the sequels but I have a particular fondness for Friday 13th part 6, Jason lives.

Great pacing and some black comedy sprinkled throughout make this a fun and refreshing entry into the franchise.

Sent from my Galaxy S 2 using Tapatalk 2

jamie_leigh44 7th November 2012 10:46 PM

It may be a controversial choice, and while not my favorite - (i think i would have to say either 6 or 7 if i had to choose), i have a particular fondness for Friday the 13th part 5: a new beginning. i mean, apart from the fact it wasn't actually Jason, it was practically the exact same formula, i don't really understand why it's so frowned upon. setting it in a "problem-ed teen" environment was a bit different than the usual just-happen-to-be-renting-a-cabin scenario. and the deaths were as good as usual.

Of course, the Tommy in parts 4 and 6 were much more likeable than in part 5, but hey-ho, you work with what u have, just my personal opinion :)

JL

Demdike@Cult Labs 7th November 2012 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jamie_leigh44 (Post 290686)
if i can watch all 8 of the Children Of The Corn movies, i guess i can check out these! :cool:

JL

I thought Children of the Corn Revelation was excellent. :pop2:

it'smebilly 7th November 2012 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jamie_leigh44 (Post 290690)
It may be a controversial choice, and while not my favorite - (i think i would have to say either 6 or 7 if i had to choose), i have a particular fondness for Friday the 13th part 5: a new beginning. i mean, apart from the fact it wasn't actually Jason, it was practically the exact same formula, i don't really understand why it's so frowned upon. setting it in a "problem-ed teen" environment was a bit different than the usual just-happen-to-be-renting-a-cabin scenario. and the deaths were as good as usual.

Of course, the Tommy in parts 4 and 6 were much more likeable than in part 5, but hey-ho, you work with what u have, just my personal opinion :)

JL

Yeah I agree, new beginning is underrated. Think it's similar to the Halloween 3 situation in that they tried to do something a little different with the material but it was frowned upon at the time.

Sent from my Galaxy S 2 using Tapatalk 2

jamie_leigh44 8th November 2012 12:22 PM

Children Of The Corn: Revelation was OK, and i thought the remake was actually quite well done, Kandyse McClure was great and the movie stuck close to the source material.

Yes, many people consider Halloween 3 : Season Of The Witch to be better than the Michael Myers movies, (i personally enjoy both), but i think that fans of Friday the 13th disown A New Beginning because of the lack of Jason - Shouldn't the original be disowned too in that case?!

JL

R-T-C Tim 9th November 2012 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 290691)
I thought Children of the Corn Revelation was excellent. :pop2:

I enjoyed 5 which was an almost unrelated but well made horror with Carradine in another top role. 666 was the most ambitious sequel but ruined by the daft ending. Reviewed 1-7 a while back, will aim to publish them by the end of the year.

Wes 9th November 2012 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R-T-C Tim (Post 290965)
Reviewed 1-7 a while back, will aim to publish them by the end of the year.

They made seven Children of the Corn movies ?? :shocked:

Susan Foreman 9th November 2012 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wes (Post 290967)
They made seven Children of the Corn movies ?? :shocked:

Um...seems like (at time of writing) there are NINE actually!

Children of the Corn (film series) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia