Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > General Horror Chat
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11th January 2013, 09:41 AM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
I think there was a dvd of the unrated version that also included a 3D version of the film.
Aaaah right, so the DVD with the 3D version was unrated, but all other discs are the shorter R rated print yes?

Okey Dokey, that answers that then.

I do find it odd that they would only remaster the R rated version, you would have thought, given that horror fans always like to see the full gory versions of films, they'd have released the unrated print to BD.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Realm-...43030832454357
Old 11th January 2013, 09:54 AM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonT View Post
Aaaah right, so the DVD with the 3D version was unrated, but all other discs are the shorter R rated print yes?

Okey Dokey, that answers that then.

I do find it odd that they would only remaster the R rated version, you would have thought, given that horror fans always like to see the full gory versions of films, they'd have released the unrated print to BD.
Yeah. It is strange they only remastered the R-rated version. Maybe we'll see the
unrated version on the next new format, whatever that might be!
Old 25th January 2013, 08:53 PM
Seasoned Cultist

The German DVD by CMV also has the Unrated Cut.
Old 4th July 2018, 04:26 PM
Cult Master

Just released Region 'A' Blu-Ray, and available to order from Amazon US - $219.98

"THE DEFINITIVE PUPPET MASTER BLU-RAY COLLECTION"

"A detail replica of the mystical Andre Toulons travelling case from the Puppet Master franchise, Toulons Trunk is a stunning wood and metal-forged box set containing all 11 official Puppet Master films re-mastered on Blu-ray, a twelfth behind-the-scenes bonus disc, bonus disc (Arcana of The Puppet Master with over 6 hours of Behind-the-Scenes footage), a mini Blade figure, collectible booklet and startling new cover artwork for each film!

Contains the following Puppet Master films on Blu-ray..."

• PUPPET MASTER: A demonic crew of puppets unleash their murderous talents on psychics investigating their owner, Andre Toulon.
  • PUPPET MASTER 2: Toulon's army of assassin puppets exhume their beloved creator to gather the brain matter that keeps them alive, but the Puppet Master has a deadly plan of his own.
  • PUPPET MASTER 3: TOULON'S REVENGE: After Toulon escapes a kidnapping attempt that killed his wife, he exacts revenge with Six Shooter, Blade and Leech Woman, a new army of mini-murderers.
  • PUPPET MASTER 4: Blade, Tunneler, Pinhead and the newest head-swapping puppet, Decapitron, go toe-to-toe with their most menacing enemy yet a team of terrifying gremlin-like creatures.
  • PUPPET MASTER 5: Caught between two foes, the half-pint heroes must preserve the magic formula which gives them life...while Puppet Master Rick's life hangs in the balance.
  • CURSE OF THE PUPPET MASTER: Toulon's puppets have a new master in backwoods scientist, Dr. Magrew, who has been desperately trying to duplicate the great Puppet Master's work.
  • RETRO PUPPET MASTER: Young Toulon is taught the secret of life by an Egyptian sorcerer, but then becomes the target of an evil god.
  • PUPPET MASTER: THE LEGACY: Toulon's reanimation formula is in jeopardy when a rogue agent threatens its protector.
  • PUPPET MASTER: AXIS OF EVIL: A young man named Danny saves Toulon's puppets after his death and must now bring them to life to defeat the axis of evil.
  • PUPPET MASTER X: AXIS RISING: Danny and Beth must battle the Nazis after they use the puppets' life-giving serum to create a race of immortal soldiers, as well as some Nazi puppets.
  • PUPPET MASTER: AXIS TERMINATION: Set in Los Angeles during World War II, ''Axis Termination'' continues the Axis Trilogy, which began with ''Puppet Master: Axis of Evil'' and continued with ''Axis Rising''

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 4th July 2018, 07:05 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Picked up the first on Film 2000 (dvd). Tis brutally shorn then?

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 19th May 2019, 06:33 PM
Cult Master

Zavvi have got a pre-order for an 'exclusive Blu-Ray' of the latest film, 'Puppet Master: The Littlest Reich' - £15.99

Release Date: 08 July 2019

"Description

When recently divorced Edgar (Thomas Lennon) returns to his childhood home he finds a nefarious looking puppet and decides to sell the doll for a quick buck. Bringing along his new girlfriend Ashley (Jenny Pellicer) and nerdy pal Markowitz (Nelson Franklin), Edgar heads on a doomed road trip to a puppet auction celebrating the 30th anniversary of the infamous Toulon Murders. But all hell breaks loose when a strange force animates the puppets at the convention, setting them on a bloody killing spree motivated by an evil as old as time.

With twenty-one scenes of graphic puppet violence and a score from composing legend Fabio Frizzi (The Beyond, City of the Living Dead), FANGORIA presents Puppet Master: The Littlest Reich - the wildest, craziest and goriest movie of the year. Fasten your seat belts, it's going to be a bloody ride!

Extras:
Includes Art Cards
Behind The Scenes
Sketches of Lightning Girl
Making of Puppet Concepts
Stills Gallery
Trailer"

Stephen@Cult Labs likes this.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 19th May 2019, 06:46 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
Zavvi have got a pre-order for an 'exclusive Blu-Ray' of the latest film, 'Puppet Master: The Littlest Reich' - £15.99

Release Date: 08 July 2019

"Description

When recently divorced Edgar (Thomas Lennon) returns to his childhood home he finds a nefarious looking puppet and decides to sell the doll for a quick buck. Bringing along his new girlfriend Ashley (Jenny Pellicer) and nerdy pal Markowitz (Nelson Franklin), Edgar heads on a doomed road trip to a puppet auction celebrating the 30th anniversary of the infamous Toulon Murders. But all hell breaks loose when a strange force animates the puppets at the convention, setting them on a bloody killing spree motivated by an evil as old as time.

With twenty-one scenes of graphic puppet violence and a score from composing legend Fabio Frizzi (The Beyond, City of the Living Dead), FANGORIA presents Puppet Master: The Littlest Reich - the wildest, craziest and goriest movie of the year. Fasten your seat belts, it's going to be a bloody ride!

Extras:

Includes Art Cards

Behind The Scenes

Sketches of Lightning Girl

Making of Puppet Concepts

Stills Gallery

Trailer"

Was going to pick the 4K US disc up at some point, but I do like this artwork, so I guess the 4K can bugger off
Old 19th May 2019, 07:27 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

The artwork looks way better than the pre order dvd thats listed on amazon, might have to get this, even though £16 is a bit much for a film that will probably be a fiver in asda as nobody knows what puppet master is any more. I love the series though and am chuffed this is getting a uk release at last!

That and I payed £20 for retro puppet master on blu some years ago so I can't sniff at £16
Old 19th May 2019, 07:35 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Don’t think I’ve seen a single Pupper Master film
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 19th May 2019, 07:43 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostalgic View Post
The artwork looks way better than the pre order dvd thats listed on amazon, might have to get this, even though £16 is a bit much for a film that will probably be a fiver in asda as nobody knows what puppet master is any more. I love the series though and am chuffed this is getting a uk release at last!

That and I payed £20 for retro puppet master on blu some years ago so I can't sniff at £16

I think I paid the same for Retro. Which teminds me, I still need to pick up Curse of the Puppet Master on blu.

Like this? Share it using the links below!