Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Horror Chat (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=557)
-   -   Puppet Master (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-horror-chat/10109-puppet-master.html)

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 13th December 2012 01:01 PM

Puppet Master

Puppet Master

Evil comes in all sizes!

Alex Whittaker and three other gifted psychics are investigating rumors that the secret of life has been discovered by master puppeteer Andre Toulon. But the psychics quickly discover Toulon's secret of death in the form of five killer puppets - each one uniquely qualified for murder and mayhem. Tunneler has a nasty habit of boring holes in people with his drill bit head. Ms. Leech regurgitates killer leaches that suck her victims dry. Pinhead strangles his enemies with his powerful vice-like hands. Blade has a gleaming hook for one hand and a razor-sharp knife for the other. And Jester, the ruthless brains of the bunch, is absolutely merciless. Together, they're an army of skilled assassins, diabolically programmed to guard the deadly secrets of the Puppet Master.

Bonus Features:
  • UK exclusive audio commentary with Justin Kerswell, author of Teenage Wasteland and Calum Waddel
  • Commentary by producer Charles Band
  • No Strings Attached original
  • Reversible sleeve
  • Making of featurette
  • HD introduction by Charles Band
  • HD Trailer
  • Full Moon Trailer Park

Puppet Master Trailer - YouTube

PUPPET MASTER is out now on DVD and Blu-ray from 88 Films. Order yours from Amazon.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 13th December 2012 04:17 PM

Yeah cracking little package this.
I fully inted to watch this and both the sequels over the Christmas holidays!

Rassilon 13th December 2012 08:00 PM

I am getting this or Xmas. Thanks to Stephen who introduced me to this company. Can't wait to buy more of there releases, and i Full Moon are anything to go by I can't wait. Nicely priced too.

AndrewFMoncrieff 13th December 2012 08:23 PM

Can anyone confirm if the 88 Films SUBSPECIES disc will be as awful as the Full Moon Blu-ray was?

I have the 88 films BD of Puppet Master and it is awesome.

Pete 13th December 2012 08:25 PM

Got this as a Birthday present the other week but haven't watched it yet.

Hawkmonger 14th December 2012 09:57 AM

It's a lovely package for a great little film. The sequels aren't half bad either.:nod:

darthelvis 14th December 2012 11:57 AM

Finally ordered this! Will get parts 2 & 3 shortly as well.

Stephen@Cult Labs 14th December 2012 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndrewFMoncrieff (Post 301637)
Can anyone confirm if the 88 Films SUBSPECIES disc will be as awful as the Full Moon Blu-ray was?

I have the 88 films BD of Puppet Master and it is awesome.

Why would anyone confirm that it would be as awful? I think you mean, will it be better? :D

I'm sure it will be just as good as 88's Puppet Master BD.

Stephen@Cult Labs 14th December 2012 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ricky Chad (Post 301631)
I am getting this or Xmas. Thanks to Stephen who introduced me to this company. Can't wait to buy more of there releases, and i Full Moon are anything to go by I can't wait. Nicely priced too.

Hope you enjoy it!

AndrewFMoncrieff 14th December 2012 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 301878)
Why would anyone confirm that it would be as awful? I think you mean, will it be better? :D

I'm sure it will be just as good as 88's Puppet Master BD.

Which was an upgrade to the Region A/Full Moon release yeah?

It's just I have the Full Moon discs of PM 2 and 3 on Blu and they look great. It's just their Subspecies disc looks like DVD (not like THE dvd, by the way, which looked like VHS).

Stephen@Cult Labs 14th December 2012 02:20 PM

Yeah I believe the 88 Films Puppet Master was better than the US disc.

88 Films 14th December 2012 08:14 PM

I just though i'd mention that there are screenshots of Subspecies 1, 2 and 3 on our official Facebook page if anyone is interested in getting an idea of the quality of them (you'll have to scroll down a bit for Subspecies 1). We'll have remastered Trailers up soon too.

(You can find a link to it from our website.)

jamie_leigh44 14th December 2012 09:45 PM

Howdy,

Is there any intentions of releasing Puppet Master 4 and Puppet Master 5 here in the UK in DVD form? I love this franchise!

- if I've been completely blind and there are already region 2 DVDs available here i apologize for the annoyance! Great artwork by the way, but i still prefer the original classic Puppet Chest Sleeve.

JL

Stephen@Cult Labs 14th December 2012 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jamie_leigh44 (Post 302132)
Howdy,

Is there any intentions of releasing Puppet Master 4 and Puppet Master 5 here in the UK in DVD form? I love this franchise!

- if I've been completely blind and there are already region 2 DVDs available here i apologize for the annoyance! Great artwork by the way, but i still prefer the original classic Puppet Chest Sleeve.

JL

They mentioned on another thread that the rest of the Puppet Master films will be released. Great news!

jamie_leigh44 14th December 2012 09:52 PM

That is great news, some aren't quite as good as others, but it's a great series.... as is Demonic Toys.... can't say that i thought much of Puppet Master Vs Demonic Toys however... :mmph:
JL

88 Films 15th December 2012 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jamie_leigh44 (Post 302132)
Howdy,

JL

Hi,

As Stephen pointed out there are indeed plans to release remastered widescreen DVD's and Blu-rays of Puppet Master 4 & 5. We're also hoping to sort out a director's commentary with Jeff Burr. This should happen middle/late 2013 hopefully.

SimonT 10th January 2013 08:56 PM

Not sure if this has been asked elsewhere, but I understand that there was a cut R rated release of Puppetmaster and an uncut/unrated release of the film.

Is the current UK DVD and Blu-Ray the R-rated or Unrated version of the film, plus am I correct in assuming that the flashback scene of the women having her blouse ripped in the lift shaft intact in this release (which was cut from earlier UK releases)?

Have tried looking on the BBFC website for information, but am not finding their new layout particularly "user friendly" as it were.

Thanks in advance.

Stephen@Cult Labs 10th January 2013 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SimonT (Post 311208)
Not sure if this has been asked elsewhere, but I understand that there was a cut R rated release of Puppetmaster and an uncut/unrated release of the film.

Is the current UK DVD and Blu-Ray the R-rated or Unrated version of the film, plus am I correct in assuming that the flashback scene of the women having her blouse ripped in the lift shaft intact in this release (which was cut from earlier UK releases)?

Have tried looking on the BBFC website for information, but am not finding their new layout particularly "user friendly" as it were.

Thanks in advance.

The blouse rip scene is there, but it's still the R-Rated version I'm afraid.

SimonT 10th January 2013 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 311210)
The blouse rip scene is there, but it's still the R-Rated version I'm afraid.

Are any of the US DVDs of the unrated version?

Stephen@Cult Labs 10th January 2013 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SimonT (Post 311215)
Are any of the US DVDs of the unrated version?

I think there was a dvd of the unrated version that also included a 3D version of the film.

SimonT 11th January 2013 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 311217)
I think there was a dvd of the unrated version that also included a 3D version of the film.

Aaaah right, so the DVD with the 3D version was unrated, but all other discs are the shorter R rated print yes?

Okey Dokey, that answers that then.

I do find it odd that they would only remaster the R rated version, you would have thought, given that horror fans always like to see the full gory versions of films, they'd have released the unrated print to BD.

Stephen@Cult Labs 11th January 2013 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SimonT (Post 311305)
Aaaah right, so the DVD with the 3D version was unrated, but all other discs are the shorter R rated print yes?

Okey Dokey, that answers that then.

I do find it odd that they would only remaster the R rated version, you would have thought, given that horror fans always like to see the full gory versions of films, they'd have released the unrated print to BD.

Yeah. It is strange they only remastered the R-rated version. Maybe we'll see the
unrated version on the next new format, whatever that might be!

zane 25th January 2013 08:53 PM

The German DVD by CMV also has the Unrated Cut.

Susan Foreman 4th July 2018 04:26 PM

Just released Region 'A' Blu-Ray, and available to order from Amazon US - $219.98

"THE DEFINITIVE PUPPET MASTER BLU-RAY COLLECTION"

"A detail replica of the mystical Andre Toulons travelling case from the Puppet Master franchise, Toulons Trunk is a stunning wood and metal-forged box set containing all 11 official Puppet Master films re-mastered on Blu-ray, a twelfth behind-the-scenes bonus disc, bonus disc (Arcana of The Puppet Master with over 6 hours of Behind-the-Scenes footage), a mini Blade figure, collectible booklet and startling new cover artwork for each film!

Contains the following Puppet Master films on Blu-ray..."

• PUPPET MASTER: A demonic crew of puppets unleash their murderous talents on psychics investigating their owner, Andre Toulon.
  • PUPPET MASTER 2: Toulon's army of assassin puppets exhume their beloved creator to gather the brain matter that keeps them alive, but the Puppet Master has a deadly plan of his own.
  • PUPPET MASTER 3: TOULON'S REVENGE: After Toulon escapes a kidnapping attempt that killed his wife, he exacts revenge with Six Shooter, Blade and Leech Woman, a new army of mini-murderers.
  • PUPPET MASTER 4: Blade, Tunneler, Pinhead and the newest head-swapping puppet, Decapitron, go toe-to-toe with their most menacing enemy yet a team of terrifying gremlin-like creatures.
  • PUPPET MASTER 5: Caught between two foes, the half-pint heroes must preserve the magic formula which gives them life...while Puppet Master Rick's life hangs in the balance.
  • CURSE OF THE PUPPET MASTER: Toulon's puppets have a new master in backwoods scientist, Dr. Magrew, who has been desperately trying to duplicate the great Puppet Master's work.
  • RETRO PUPPET MASTER: Young Toulon is taught the secret of life by an Egyptian sorcerer, but then becomes the target of an evil god.
  • PUPPET MASTER: THE LEGACY: Toulon's reanimation formula is in jeopardy when a rogue agent threatens its protector.
  • PUPPET MASTER: AXIS OF EVIL: A young man named Danny saves Toulon's puppets after his death and must now bring them to life to defeat the axis of evil.
  • PUPPET MASTER X: AXIS RISING: Danny and Beth must battle the Nazis after they use the puppets' life-giving serum to create a race of immortal soldiers, as well as some Nazi puppets.
  • PUPPET MASTER: AXIS TERMINATION: Set in Los Angeles during World War II, ''Axis Termination'' continues the Axis Trilogy, which began with ''Puppet Master: Axis of Evil'' and continued with ''Axis Rising''

Demoncrat 4th July 2018 07:05 PM

Picked up the first on Film 2000 (dvd). Tis brutally shorn then?

Susan Foreman 19th May 2019 06:33 PM

Zavvi have got a pre-order for an 'exclusive Blu-Ray' of the latest film, 'Puppet Master: The Littlest Reich' - £15.99

Release Date: 08 July 2019

"Description

When recently divorced Edgar (Thomas Lennon) returns to his childhood home he finds a nefarious looking puppet and decides to sell the doll for a quick buck. Bringing along his new girlfriend Ashley (Jenny Pellicer) and nerdy pal Markowitz (Nelson Franklin), Edgar heads on a doomed road trip to a puppet auction celebrating the 30th anniversary of the infamous Toulon Murders. But all hell breaks loose when a strange force animates the puppets at the convention, setting them on a bloody killing spree motivated by an evil as old as time.

With twenty-one scenes of graphic puppet violence and a score from composing legend Fabio Frizzi (The Beyond, City of the Living Dead), FANGORIA presents Puppet Master: The Littlest Reich - the wildest, craziest and goriest movie of the year. Fasten your seat belts, it's going to be a bloody ride!

Extras:
Includes Art Cards
Behind The Scenes
Sketches of Lightning Girl
Making of Puppet Concepts
Stills Gallery
Trailer"

Stephen@Cult Labs 19th May 2019 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susan Foreman (Post 603702)
Zavvi have got a pre-order for an 'exclusive Blu-Ray' of the latest film, 'Puppet Master: The Littlest Reich' - £15.99

Release Date: 08 July 2019

"Description

When recently divorced Edgar (Thomas Lennon) returns to his childhood home he finds a nefarious looking puppet and decides to sell the doll for a quick buck. Bringing along his new girlfriend Ashley (Jenny Pellicer) and nerdy pal Markowitz (Nelson Franklin), Edgar heads on a doomed road trip to a puppet auction celebrating the 30th anniversary of the infamous Toulon Murders. But all hell breaks loose when a strange force animates the puppets at the convention, setting them on a bloody killing spree motivated by an evil as old as time.

With twenty-one scenes of graphic puppet violence and a score from composing legend Fabio Frizzi (The Beyond, City of the Living Dead), FANGORIA presents Puppet Master: The Littlest Reich - the wildest, craziest and goriest movie of the year. Fasten your seat belts, it's going to be a bloody ride!

Extras:

Includes Art Cards

Behind The Scenes

Sketches of Lightning Girl

Making of Puppet Concepts

Stills Gallery

Trailer"

Was going to pick the 4K US disc up at some point, but I do like this artwork, so I guess the 4K can bugger off [emoji23]

Nostalgic 19th May 2019 07:27 PM

The artwork looks way better than the pre order dvd thats listed on amazon, might have to get this, even though £16 is a bit much for a film that will probably be a fiver in asda as nobody knows what puppet master is any more. I love the series though and am chuffed this is getting a uk release at last!

That and I payed £20 for retro puppet master on blu some years ago so I can't sniff at £16

Rik 19th May 2019 07:35 PM

Don’t think I’ve seen a single Pupper Master film :behindsofa:

Stephen@Cult Labs 19th May 2019 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nostalgic (Post 603706)
The artwork looks way better than the pre order dvd thats listed on amazon, might have to get this, even though £16 is a bit much for a film that will probably be a fiver in asda as nobody knows what puppet master is any more. I love the series though and am chuffed this is getting a uk release at last!

That and I payed £20 for retro puppet master on blu some years ago so I can't sniff at £16

I think I paid the same for Retro. Which teminds me, I still need to pick up Curse of the Puppet Master on blu.

bleakshaun 19th May 2019 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 603709)
I think I paid the same for Retro. Which teminds me, I still need to pick up Curse of the Puppet Master on blu.

My question is when is 88 films gonna release the rest of them on blu ray

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk

Demdike@Cult Labs 19th May 2019 10:05 PM

I notice that Puppet Master film says 'From the creators of Bone Tomahawk'.

Count me in!