Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Horror Chat (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=557)
-   -   Intruder (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-horror-chat/10126-intruder.html)

the blob 14th December 2012 03:48 PM

Intruder

This one seemed to disappear and now reappear at Amazon for pre-order. Is there any more info on this one? I haven't bought the US version yet so I was quite happy to see it getting a UK release.

Slippery Jack 14th December 2012 10:52 PM

I only saw it for the first time the other night - thought it was a bit rubbish to be honest :peep:

Some fun gore gags here and there, but it was badly let down by horrible direction - be it either whole scenes shot from one boring static angle, or the occasional gimmicky camera shot that felt totally out of place when the rest of the style was so bland. If only Sam Raimi had been behind the camera instead of in front of it. A total waste of Bruce Campbell too, though I suppose he wasn't carrying as much cult hero baggage back then . . .

Beyond72 15th December 2012 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slippery Jack (Post 302182)
I only saw it for the first time the other night - thought it was a bit rubbish to be honest :peep:

Some fun gore gags here and there, but it was badly let down by horrible direction - be it either whole scenes shot from one boring static angle, or the occasional gimmicky camera shot that felt totally out of place when the rest of the style was so bland. If only Sam Raimi had been behind the camera instead of in front of it. A total waste of Bruce Campbell too, though I suppose he wasn't carrying as much cult hero baggage back then . . .

Bit harsh.

demonknight 15th December 2012 07:14 PM

I love Intruder. Now while Scott Spiegel is no Sam Raimi i do love
the whole supermarket setting. And yes some shots do leave a lot to
be desired but I still find it very watchable. Hope 88 films fire ahead and
release it for us region B only users. If not, my synapse region free disc
will suffice.

Slippery Jack 15th December 2012 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by demonknight (Post 302449)
Scott Spiegel is no Sam Raimi

That's for damn sure :shocked:

There was that one scene between two of the kids rendered almost unwatchable by a couple of almost upside down tilted camera angles. :mmph:

But yeah, the supermarket setting worked well . . .

demonknight 23rd March 2013 10:25 AM

Anyone know what the Bluray cover of Intruder from 88 films will look like?
Can't find any pics/images online. The release date is almost upon us and still
nothing regarding the Bluray cover:(

Stephen@Cult Labs 23rd March 2013 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by demonknight (Post 330021)
Anyone know what the Bluray cover of Intruder from 88 films will look like?
Can't find any pics/images online. The release date is almost upon us and still
nothing regarding the Bluray cover:(

Yeah Amazon says April 1st. I doubt it's coming then. There's been no mention of it on the 88 site or their facebook page.

Rik 23rd March 2013 10:57 AM

And it's not listed anywhere else either, Play.com, Zavvi, Sainsbury's etc

the blob 23rd March 2013 01:13 PM

I'm surprised they haven't responded i this thread. 88 could quite easily clear it all up in one go.

nekromantik 24th March 2013 10:29 AM

I will be sad if this inc the workprint edition as I paid over the odds for the synapse release!