Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > General Horror Chat

Poll: Best anthology?
Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.
Poll Options
Best anthology?

Like Tree10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22nd October 2009, 02:02 PM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Super Happy

No, i must confess i didn't notice what literature good 'ol Chris Lee was perusing. A good observation on your part, Vincenzo.

Lee must've knew something nobody else did wwaaaayyyy back when and maybe the former Dracula could predict the future but kept quiet about it!

I find it quite unusual the veteran actor reading LOTR and decades later Lee is starring in the film versions!
Old 22nd October 2009, 02:34 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Strange View Post
If anyone is interested, there is a disturbing Asian horror anthology named Three Extremes (part Chinese, Japanese and Korean) which is well worth hunting down. Certainly the best anthology since the original Creepshow, I think.
There are two "Three Extremes " films. The one you are referring to is the second one made but the first to get a DVD release. The one entitled "Three Extremes 2 " was made two years ealier with Chinese, Korean and Thai segments. The first released is far better, though both are worth checking out. Personally, I couldn't get into the Thai segment at all.

My style? .........You could call it the art of fighting without fighting!
Old 22nd October 2009, 02:52 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper72 View Post
Anthologies seem to be a popular topic just now.
I love THE TWILIGHT ZONE THE MOVIE,Spielberg's segment is it's only downfall.
It's a pity the tragic controversy surrounding this film,as I'd love to have seen another installment.Remember that old one with Burgess Meredith?
I have fond memories of this flick, particularly the gremlin on the plane wing story with John Lithgow and the hitchhiker segment with Dan Aykroyd.My favourite anthologies are Creepshow, Tales from the Crypt, Vault of Horror, Asylum, From Beyond the Grave and The House That Dripped Blood.

Last edited by Vampix; 22nd October 2009 at 03:15 PM.
Old 22nd October 2009, 09:52 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadAlive View Post
There are two "Three Extremes " films. The one you are referring to is the second one made but the first to get a DVD release. The one entitled "Three Extremes 2 " was made two years ealier with Chinese, Korean and Thai segments. The first released is far better, though both are worth checking out. Personally, I couldn't get into the Thai segment at all.

Cool - I'll check out the original. Wasn't it called Three and the one I'm banging on about called Three Extremes? I may be wrong, but I seem to remember Three (the first film) to be called Three Extremes 2 in the UK (by Tartan), even though it's the first installment and originally missing the 'Extremes' part of the title. Or that could have all been a dream.
Old 22nd October 2009, 10:25 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Yes. Tartan released them the wrong way around in the UK, and the first film was just called "Three" when it was released in Hong Kong.

My style? .........You could call it the art of fighting without fighting!
Old 22nd October 2009, 11:17 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Anyone rate TRILOGY OF TERROR?

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 25th October 2009, 04:13 PM
Cultist in Training

I liked it when I first saw it Reaps many moons ago but don't know if its stood the test of time.

Like Vincenzo said, Grim Prarie Tales is a lot of fun. I also picked up Spirits of the Dead about a year ago and it was an enjoyable if flawed watch.

Best ones have got to be the Amicus for me though, probably my favourite being Tales from the crypt.
Old 26th October 2009, 11:49 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Anybody seen TRICK R TREAT due out today ?.Apparently it's supposed to be okay :-
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0862856/
Old 26th October 2009, 12:49 PM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark meakin View Post
Anybody seen TRICK R TREAT due out today ?.Apparently it's supposed to be okay :-
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0862856/
I'm going shopping tonight, so I might pick it up from Asda...
Old 20th May 2010, 04:55 PM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

Tales From The Crypt has been passed 15 and due for release next month on the Final Cut label. No idea on its uncut/cut status or which print has been submitted.

The old Fox video release featured the cut cinema print, though the uncut version turns up on TV.

Like this? Share it using the links below!