Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Horror Chat (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=557)
-   -   Show Off Your Horror Films! (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-horror-chat/10377-show-off-your-horror-films.html)

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 16th January 2013 01:54 PM

Show Off Your Horror Films!

Have you ever made a horror movie?

Whether it's a flashy, amazing looking short film or just mucking about with a cheap camera, come and show it off on the Official Sinister Facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/SinisterUK/...t=feed_comment - share your work with thousands of horror fans on the official page!

PaulD 16th January 2013 01:56 PM

If I can find a copy of the short film I made I'll chuck it up on there for you. It might be on YouTube actually, I'll check later. It's pretty poor mind, a bad slasher that owes a lot to Scream which is nowhere near as clever as it thinks it is. Terrible acting too. I'm pretty embarrassed by it to be honest :)

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 16th January 2013 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulD (Post 312998)
If I can find a copy of the short film I made I'll chuck it up on there for you. It might be on YouTube actually, I'll check later. It's pretty poor mind, a bad slasher that owes a lot to Scream which is nowhere near as clever as it thinks it is. Terrible acting too. I'm pretty embarrassed by it to be honest :)

I'm sure it's much, much better than your describing buddy! Stick up there when you get the chance, that'll be great. :) Looking forward to seeing it now!

PaulD 16th January 2013 02:01 PM

It's really not! It's really rushed and hastily edited and poorly acted. I keep meaning to go back to it and tighten up the edit and colour grade it but I can never be bothered :)

Susan Foreman 16th January 2013 02:25 PM

When I was studying film at college, I was involved in a group project entitled 'The Case of the Missing Red Smarties'!

I wrote it, DOP, provided the SFX make-up and acted (as the hero, of course)

When it was viewed, general consensus was that the film was 'a cross between Reservoir Dogs and Monty Python'!

It was AWFUL!!!!!!

However, it did win a number of college awards(!), and because I wrote it, I managed to get my media studies teacher in her school uniform for a few scenes!

Sadly (or maybe not), the film was lost in a house fire in 2004

Hawkmonger 16th January 2013 04:40 PM

No, but me and a few other college peeps are brewing on something. We where talking about b-movies and standard 8 in our media club and I mentioned a few I consider classic. The Deadly Spawn, Bad Taste, Evil Dead. All the well known stuff, as well as a few lesser known grindhouse titles. Somehow me and a freind started making a script, an unofficial sequel to Bad Taste, hopefully if we can get the drama club in and someone my dad knows who works in effects as well as a small budget we might get something done in half the time Jackson made his classic.:lol:

Susan Foreman 16th January 2013 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkmonger (Post 313064)
Somehow me and a freind started making a script, an unofficial sequel to Bad Taste

Please include the line "I'm a Hawkmonger, and Hawkmongers don't run"!

Hawkmonger 17th January 2013 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suziginajackson (Post 313081)
Please include the line "I'm a Hawkmonger, and Hawkmongers don't run"!

More like "I'm a Hawkins, and Hawkins don't run!". True name, also, ironic as I may or may not be related to the great Captain of the same name. :lol:

Susan Foreman 17th January 2013 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkmonger (Post 313385)
More like "I'm a Hawkins, and Hawkins don't run!". True name, also, ironic as I may or may not be related to the great Captain of the same name. :lol:

Oh - Captain Hawkins from UNIT in the story 'Doctor Who and the Silurians' (1970)

Hawkmonger 18th January 2013 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suziginajackson (Post 313396)
Oh - Captain Hawkins from UNIT in the story 'Doctor Who and the Silurians' (1970)

Don't be daft Suzi! That guy's real! Why would I wan't to be related to a real person! :rolleyes: