All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree142Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 4th February 2021, 02:20 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
It was on Amazon

Ooo Amazon is a bad word in my house! Don’t use them at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 4th February 2021, 02:21 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Haha! The perils of streaming.

Definitely. My old DVD player plays region 1 discs, but not the blu ray player

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 2nd March 2021, 08:27 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

https://www.wewatchedamovie.com/netf...qMgcUdtcC_PiZA

Below, you’ll find a full list of everything arriving on Netflix Streaming today, March 1st, 2021. We’ll also list everything else coming to the streaming platform during the rest of March.

The tide is turning. The snow is melting. The sun is coming out. Slowly. Slowly as ****. Slow enough to make you want to punch a groundhog in it’s stupid groundhog face. Depending on where you live and your feelings on groundhog violence.

Not a lot dropping this month on Netflix but let’s be honest it’s March Madness month anyway. Netflix doesn’t want to get in the way of us drinking, eating and betting our faces into oblivion. Here’s everything coming to the recently added section of your Netflix RIGHT NOW. Our picks in bold. Be sure to subscribe to the newsletter below and get all of our articles straight to your box! Including what’s coming to other streaming services like HBO Max!

Available TODAY March 1st!

Biggie: I Got a Story to Tell – Netflix Documentary (You know this is going to be interesting as hell)

Batman Begins

Blanche Gardin: Bonne Nuit Blanche

Crazy, Stupid, Love (In an alternate universe, Ryan Gosling teaches the 40 Year Old Virgin how to get laid)

Dances With Wolves

The Dark Knight (Listen w a full WWAM Commentary here)

DC Super Hero Girls: Season 1

I Am Legend (Dog lover warning: Do not engage)

Invictus

Jason X (Watch w a full WWAM Commentary here)

Killing Gunther (WWAM Trailer Reaction here)

LEGO Marvel Spider-Man: Vexed by Venom

Nights in Rodanthe

Power Rangers Beast Morphers: Season 2

The Pursuit of Happyness

Rain Man (GET THIS MAN SOME ****ING UNDERWEAR FROM K-MART)

Step Up: Revolution

Tenacious D in The Pick of Destiny (HE IS MORE THAN A MAN LET ME HEAR YOU APPLAUD HE IS MORE THAN A MAN HE’S A SHINY GOLDEN GOD. ROCKING AND ****ING ROLLING AND ****ING ROCKING AND ****ING ROLLING…..Ahem. Pairs nicely with the original Tenacious D episodes currently on HBO Max)

Training Day (Damn Jake, I didn’t know you liked to get wet. Smiles and cries. King Kong ain’t got shit on me! One of the most quotable, entertaining Denzel Washington flicks of all time)

Two Weeks Notice

Year One

Here’s what’s coming the rest of the month!

March 2nd

Black or White
Word Party: Season 5 – Netflix Family

March 3rd

Moxie – Netflix Film
Murder Among the Mormons – Netflix Documentary
Parker
Safe Haven

March 4th

Pacific Rim: The Black – Netflix Anime

March 5th

City of Ghosts – Netflix Family
Dogwashers – Netflix Film
Nevenka: Breaking the Silence – Netflix Documentary
Pokémon Journeys: The Series: Part 4 – Netflix Family
Sentinelle – Netflix Film

March 8th

Bombay Begums – Netflix Original
Bombay Rose – Netflix Film

March 9th

The Houseboat – Netflix Original
StarBeam: Season 3

March 10th

Dealer – Original
Last Chance U: Basketball – Documentary
Marriage or Mortgage – Original

March 11th

The Block Island Sound
Coven of Sisters – Film

March 12th

Love Alarm: Season 2 – Original
The One – Original
Paper Lives – Film
Paradise PD: Part 3 – Original
YES DAY – Film

March 14th

Audrey

March 15th

Bakugan: Armored Alliance
The BFG
The Last Blockbuster
The Lost Pirate Kingdom – Original
Zero Chill – Family

March 16th

RebellComedy: Straight Outta the Zoo – Comedy Special
Savages
Waffles + Mochi – Family

March 17th

Operation Varsity Blues: The College Admissions Scandal – Documentary
Under Suspicion: Uncovering the Wesphael Case -Original

March 18th

B: The Beginning Succession – Anime
Cabras de Peste – Film
Deadly Illusions
The Fluffy Movie
Nate Bargatze: The Greatest Average American – Comedy Special
Skylines

March 19th

Alien TV: Season 2 – Family
Country Comfort – Family
Formula 1: Drive to Survive: Season 3 – Original
Sky Rojo – Original

March 20th

Jiu Jitsu

March 22nd

Navillera – Original
Philomena

March 23rd

Loyiso Gola: Unlearning – Comedy Special

March 24th

Seaspiracy – Documentary
Who Killed Sara? – Original

March 25th

Caught by a Wave – Film
DOTA: Dragon’s Blood – Anime
Millennials: Season 3
Secret Magic Control Agency – Family

March 26th

A Week Away – Original Film
Bad Trip – Original Film
Big Time Rush: Seasons 1-4
Croupier
The Irregulars – Original
Magic for Humans by Mago Pop – Original
Nailed It!: Double Trouble – Original

March 29th

Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom
Rainbow High: Season 1

March 30th

7 Yards: The Chris Norton Story
Octonauts & the Ring of Fire – Netflix Family

March 31st

At Eternity’s Gate
Haunted: Latin America – Original
Old 2nd March 2021, 10:57 AM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Won't these titles and dates be specific to the United States?

Netflix tends to have different content in different localities, so it's likely anyone watching in the United Kingdom without a VPN on their computer won't be able to see those films on those dates.

Edit:
I just had a quick look on Netflix for a few titles which it says became available yesterday and couldn't find Batman Begins, Crazy, Stupid, Love, or Dances with Wolves, so it looks like that list is only applicable to the US. Biggie: I Got a Story to Tell, a Netflix documentary, is available.
Old 2nd March 2021, 11:05 AM
Cult Veteran

Yeah they're not the UK releases;
I use this website, quick check almost daily to see what's new, there is a link for Amazon as well.

https://uk.newonnetflix.info/

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 9th March 2021, 05:37 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

https://www.ihorror.com/christian-ba...yfZLP8-Ap3th1M

Christian Bale and ‘The Pale Blue Eye’ is Coming to Netflix

The Pale Blue Eye by Louis Bayard has brought together Scott Cooper and Christian Bale once again. The two have worked together on Hostiles and Out of the Furnace in the past. Now, the Bayard novel has brought them together once again. It didn’t take long for this pairing to be a thing before Netflix came in and bought the film for $55 million.

The synopsis for The Pale Blue Eye book goes like this:

At West Point Academy in 1830, the calm of an October evening is shattered by the discovery of a young cadet’s body swinging from a rope. The next morning, an even greater horror comes to light. Someone has removed the dead man’s heart. Augustus Landor—who acquired some renown in his years as a New York City police detective—is called in to discreetly investigate. It’s a baffling case Landor must pursue in secret, for the scandal could do irreparable damage to the fledgling institution. But he finds help from an unexpected ally—a moody, young cadet with a penchant for drink, two volumes of poetry to his name, and a murky past that changes from telling to telling. The strange and haunted Southern poet for whom Landor develops a fatherly affection, is named Edgar Allan Poe.

can’t say I blame Netflix for their interest. Cooper, Bale are a great team and a murder investigation picture with Edgar Allen Poe its center sounds pretty dang fantastic.

We are looking forward to this one and to find out who they will cast to play Edgar Allen Poe.
Old 10th March 2021, 05:34 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

https://www.ihorror.com/netflixs-oxy...phobic-teaser/

Oxygen, a new sci-fi thriller from director Alexandre Aja (Crawl), is set to premiere on Netflix on May 21, 2021.

According to a press release we received this morning, “The film tells the story of a young woman (Mélanie Laurent, 6 Underground, Inglourious Basterds), who wakes up in a cryogenic pod. She doesn’t remember who she is or how she ended up there. As she’s running out of oxygen, she must rebuild her memory to find a way out of her nightmare.”

In advance of the release, the streaming platform released a new teaser trailer today which gives us a glimpse of the claustrophobic story the film has in store. As the woman attempts to escape the pod, a mysterious voice suddenly speaks telling her, “They don’t want you to recover your memory…but I can help you.”

Great sci-fi thrillers are few and far between but with Aja in the director’s chair, it’s safe to say we can most certainly expect the unexpected. The director also serves as producer on the film alongside Gregory Levasseur. Vincent Maraval, Brahim Chioua and Noëmie Devide served as producers on the project, as well, under their Getaway Films banner.

Last edited by Nosferatu@Cult Labs; 11th March 2021 at 01:15 PM.
Old 11th March 2021, 01:21 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I generally like what Alexandre Aja has made and Oxygen looks like it could be a good watch, so I've set a reminder on Netflix and it'll appear in my list when it's available.
Old 16th March 2021, 04:18 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

https://www.collider.com/mike-flanag...ristopher-pike

Mike Flanagan Reveals Cast of ‘The Midnight Club’ Netflix Series, Including a Horror Fan-Favorite

The series, based on the novels of Christopher Pike, is expected to begin filming soon.

Horror superstar Mike Flanagan continues to be one of the busiest creators in the genre. The director revealed the cast of his upcoming Netflix series The Midnight Club, which includes some familiar faces from his previous work as well as A Nightmare on Elm Street heroine Heather Langenkamp. He also paired the announcement with a nifty teaser image of a bookshelf lined with old hardcovers bearing the names of the cast on their spines.

Flanagan dropped the reveal in a Twitter thread earlier today, in which he also announced that The Midnight Club would be entering production in the very near future. The show is set to be an anthology series based on the novels of Christopher Pike, who penned a number of teen horror novels in the 80s and 90s, including the 1994 novel of the same name about a group of terminally ill teenagers who meet every night to tell each other scary stories. Along with their nightly storytelling ritual, the members of the Midnight Club make a pact that whichever of them is the first one to die will attempt to contact the others from beyond the grave. Adia, Igby Rigney, Ruth Codd, William Chris Sumpter, Aya Furukawa, Annarah Shephard and Sauriyan Sapkota are on board to play the titular group of storytellers. Zach Gilford (Friday Night Lights, Midnight Mass), Samantha Sloyan (Hush, The Haunting of Hill House, Midnight Mass), and Matt Biedel (Narcos: Mexico, Midnight Mass) have also joined the cast in unspecified roles, continuing Flanagan’s tradition of hiring actors with whom he has previously collaborated. Finally, Langenkamp is on board to play the “enigmatic” doctor who runs the hospice where the Midnight Club resides.

Flanagan just recently finished production on another Netflix series, Midnight Mass, about an isolated island town that begins to experience strange occurrences after the arrival of a mysterious preacher. Filming on the series wrapped last December, which could put the show on target for a debut later this year, although the official release date is still TBA. For more on Flanagan, read about which Stephen King project he recently had to step away from.
iank likes this.

Last edited by Nosferatu@Cult Labs; 16th March 2021 at 09:41 PM.
Old 17th March 2021, 07:54 PM
Cult Acolyte

Interesting, though Hill House was really the first thing I've seen from Flanagan I didn't like, so it remains to be seen for me whether TV is really his forte.

Like this? Share it using the links below!