Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > General Horror Chat

Like Tree142Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28th September 2022, 10:26 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Just finished Dahmer, holly **** wow, what a piece of great tv., didn't just show how Dahmer was it showed it from different perspectives, the families, his dad, victims, etc and if anyone deserves an Oscar for performance then even Peter is a great contender for his portrayal of Dahmer, so realistic and exceptionally chilling, when making true stories they need to be grim and this is exactly that, true stories aren’t meant to be happy and cheerful like some glorified Hollywood blockbuster, it is not gory or violent it's just extremely well made, like the film TCM, using your imagination and thought of what's going on is miles better than what you see on screen, be great if Netflix would do a constant continuous set of series like this and really portray exactly how sick and twisted these people are, there are enough serial killers to make series like this for yrs, should be a weekly episode and as soon and one ends next week another start, not as a whole couple of days binging. The series is fantastic very well made dark etc, one of the best series seen for yrs well done Netflix, it's one of the most talked about shows on Netflix.
Old 29th September 2022, 12:14 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
Just finished Dahmer, holly **** wow, what a piece of great tv., didn't just show how Dahmer was it showed it from different perspectives, the families, his dad, victims, etc and if anyone deserves an Oscar for performance then even Peter is a great contender for his portrayal of Dahmer, so realistic and exceptionally chilling, when making true stories they need to be grim and this is exactly that, true stories aren’t meant to be happy and cheerful like some glorified Hollywood blockbuster, it is not gory or violent it's just extremely well made, like the film TCM, using your imagination and thought of what's going on is miles better than what you see on screen, be great if Netflix would do a constant continuous set of series like this and really portray exactly how sick and twisted these people are, there are enough serial killers to make series like this for yrs, should be a weekly episode and as soon and one ends next week another start, not as a whole couple of days binging. The series is fantastic very well made dark etc, one of the best series seen for yrs well done Netflix, it's one of the most talked about shows on Netflix.
My neighbour was watching it earlier and he told me it was quite disturbing for him, i'm gonna try and watch it at some point
it'smebilly likes this.
Old 29th September 2022, 06:18 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post
My neighbour was watching it earlier and he told me it was quite disturbing for him, i'm gonna try and watch it at some point
That's the main reason why it's been talked about, lots of people have been saying it's disturbing and others have said they couldn't finish the series.
Old 29th September 2022, 06:45 AM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Of course it’s disturbing, Dahmer drilled holes into his still alive victims heads to subdue them. He kept their dead bodies in tubs in his apartment!

I do want to watch it myself but I’m mid way through a rewatch of Twin Peaks The Return so I’ll start it after that

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 29th September 2022, 02:10 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
Of course it’s disturbing, Dahmer drilled holes into his still alive victims heads to subdue them. He kept their dead bodies in tubs in his apartment!

I do want to watch it myself but I’m mid way through a rewatch of Twin Peaks The Return so I’ll start it after that
Exactly, any true story about a killer disturbing what exactly do these ppl expect about a serial killer? A happy ending with some form or romance? If ppl find stories about ppl getting killed disturbing then maybe these films / shows aren't the right things for them to watch.
Justin101 likes this.
Old 5th January 2024, 09:49 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Here a full list of everything arriving on Netflix this month.

https://discussingfilm.net/2024/01/0...-january-2024/
Old 10th January 2024, 09:42 AM
Cult Veteran

A notification brought me back to this thread. I did get around to watching the Dahmer show, it was quite disturbing yes, but no worse than the horror films we all watch. It was not very good though, it started to feel like a chore to finish the series which is not a good sign. If you haven't seen it yet and you've been thinking about starting it up, I'd say there are better things to spend 9 hours on.

Old 10th January 2024, 09:49 AM
Cult Master

Quote:
A notification brought me back to this thread. I did get around to watching the Dahmer show, it was quite disturbing yes, but no worse than the horror films we all watch. It was not very good though, it started to feel like a chore to finish the series which is not a good sign. If you haven't seen it yet and you've been thinking about starting it up, I'd say there are better things to spend 9 hours on.

I had a feeling from things people have said so I avoided it that's my problem with alot of TV series they bloat them out too much they could make these things a 3 or 5 max episode mini series.
Justin101 likes this.
Old 10th January 2024, 11:31 AM
Cult Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicdusk View Post
I had a feeling from things people have said so I avoided it that's my problem with alot of TV series they bloat them out too much they could make these things a 3 or 5 max episode mini series.
Even the 3 episode true crime docs seem stretched at times

Old 10th January 2024, 11:42 AM
Cult Master

Quote:
Even the 3 episode true crime docs seem stretched at times
90 minute documentary boom done

Like this? Share it using the links below!