Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > General Horror Chat

Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16th December 2012, 04:11 PM
Cult Acolyte

Is that a general rule? I've always used Internet Explorer by default. Is this not a wise move (I got the mix to download no problems though) . . . ?
Old 16th December 2012, 04:56 PM
Seasoned Cultist

I use firefox but have chrome installed also so will give it another shot, cheers.
Old 16th December 2012, 05:05 PM
Cult Acolyte

not sure if this is any help but I down loaded the file with no problem,I also use Firefox didn't seem to be any problems that I could see.
Old 16th December 2012, 05:08 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slippery Jack View Post
Is that a general rule? I've always used Internet Explorer by default. Is this not a wise move (I got the mix to download no problems though) . . . ?
IE is quite an old fashioned browser, the newest version is better but Chrome and Firefox are based on more modern programming. I prefer Chrome because it 'feels' lighter than Firefox which can chug along at some points. It's all personal preference though at the end of the day.
Old 16th December 2012, 05:18 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Heh, it worked this time. Damn those gremlins! It did not try to suck me into download software and did nothing different? Thanks a lot. next stop car stereo usb stick
Justin101 likes this.
Old 29th April 2013, 11:12 PM
Cultist

Default Horror Film Scores

Not a thread about what's your favorite score, but one about the first time you ever remember being aware of a horror film's score as something other than just background music. For me it was the American re-edit of Gojira. I saw it way back on tv in the mid 70s and remember being truly disturbed by numerous pieces in the film, most notably that discordant piano that was used during the scene in which the oxygen destroyer was demonstrated on this fish in Serizawa's lab. Also the music set to the school children's prayer for peace as well.

The next instance I remember of again being aware of score was Halloween, then Psycho.

Anyone else have a similar experience?
Old 30th April 2013, 08:29 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Yes, one that particularly stuck with me as a kid was Krzysztof Komeda's hauntingly beautiful score to Polanski's Fearless Vampire Killers. I used to rewind and watch those credits over and over again.

It remains one of my favourite credit sequences and still sends chills up my spine.

Beyond72 likes this.
Old 30th April 2013, 11:41 AM
Cult Veteran

Being an 80's child I'd have to say that Halloween and Nightmare on Elm Street really stick out in my mind as soundtracks that were a character in the film and really stuck in your head adding to suspense, the horror, the shocks!

As a grown up, the music now makes or breaks a horror film for me, and I'll often base my appreciation of a film on a number of factors but the score being a very important one.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 30th April 2013, 02:44 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
As a grown up, the music now makes or breaks a horror film for me, and I'll often base my appreciation of a film on a number of factors but the score being a very important one.
Have you seen the giallo, Death Laid an Egg. That's a soundtrack that tested my patience to say the least, although I'm intrigued to see the film again as it's so unusual.
Old 30th April 2013, 04:51 PM
Cult Veteran

I've never seen it although it does have quite a bit of love on this forum, it's pretty hard to come by isn't it?

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Like this? Share it using the links below!