Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > General Horror Chat

Like Tree51Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 4th May 2013, 07:18 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Default Clive Barker's Nightbreed The Cabal Cut Getting Closer!

Just a heads up to any one interested, apologies if raised recently. A quote from the man himself........

“My friends, Clive here, writing to share some wonderful news. Following the two Sold Out screenings of NIGHTBREED: The Cabal Cut on Sunday, Morgan Creek has given us permission to show the cut around the world and to raise money to prepare the cut for a release on Blu Ray.

This could not, would not have happened without your voices. We have all been heard. The Morgan Creek team have my thanks and my respect. Very seldom does anyone in the movie business pay attention as they have, understanding perhaps that the message of the movie as I shot it is one that dramatizes a different ending to the age-old story of how a war between Humankind and something Other draws to a close.

The real NIGHTBREED will be available for everyone to see. I hope its message of redemption and forgiveness move you.”

Fans of Nightbreed and Clive Barker have been excited about The Cabal Cut, an extended version of the movie that has been screening at a couple of recent horror conventions. We have good news from Clive Barker, who let everyone know that Morgan Creek gave them permission to raise funds for a Blu-ray release.

I for one can not wait!
Old 4th May 2013, 08:35 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by profondo rosso View Post
Just a heads up to any one interested, apologies if raised recently. A quote from the man himself........

“My friends, Clive here, writing to share some wonderful news. Following the two Sold Out screenings of NIGHTBREED: The Cabal Cut on Sunday, Morgan Creek has given us permission to show the cut around the world and to raise money to prepare the cut for a release on Blu Ray.

This could not, would not have happened without your voices. We have all been heard. The Morgan Creek team have my thanks and my respect. Very seldom does anyone in the movie business pay attention as they have, understanding perhaps that the message of the movie as I shot it is one that dramatizes a different ending to the age-old story of how a war between Humankind and something Other draws to a close.

The real NIGHTBREED will be available for everyone to see. I hope its message of redemption and forgiveness move you.”

Fans of Nightbreed and Clive Barker have been excited about The Cabal Cut, an extended version of the movie that has been screening at a couple of recent horror conventions. We have good news from Clive Barker, who let everyone know that Morgan Creek gave them permission to raise funds for a Blu-ray release.

I for one can not wait!
This is FANTASTIC news
Old 4th May 2013, 09:43 PM
Cultist

you'll have to forgive me, but isn't this an older update? the Cabal Cut has been shown around the world already... I've seen it!
Old 15th May 2013, 08:02 AM
Cultist

God man its about fooking time...
Old 16th May 2013, 05:49 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinterMillennium View Post
you'll have to forgive me, but isn't this an older update? the Cabal Cut has been shown around the world already... I've seen it!
Fantastic youv'e seen it, how about a review?

I put it on here as an update that its coming to Blu-ray, it did the rounds at cinemas worldwide to garnish feedback to see if it would be worth dropping on Blu-ray, apparently its worked a treat, this is off bloodydisgusting website, if you already know this, once again apologies but some people obviously find it useful!...........

The last we’d heard about “Cabal Cut” of Clive Barker’s Nightbreed Morgan Creek had given the filmmakers permission “to show the cut around the world and to raise money to prepare the cut for a release on Blu-ray… This could not, would not, have happened without your voices.We have all been heard. The Morgan Creek team have my thanks and my respect. Very seldom does anyone in the movie business pay attention as they have, understanding perhaps that the message of the movie as I shot it is one that dramatizes a different ending to the age-old story of how a war between Humankind and something Other draws to a close.”

Now Michael Plumides has posted in the comments section of the Occupy Midian Facebook, “Russell, you said you didn’t expect anything before 2014, remember? Well, it looks like the distribution deal is moving forward. Our distributors are presently at Cannes but we will resume talks when they return – we probably will not make the announcement until the Fall. Also we have a channel very interested in the TV show. Stay tuned.” It’s hard to suss out exactly what all of this means – especially the bit about the TV show – but at least the mood seems positive.

To clarify about Warner Bros. rights he added, “The Cabal Cut” is a separate film all together. Warner has no control over this film – the added footage makes it a completely different product.” ......still can't wait!!
Old 16th May 2013, 08:22 PM
Cultist

oh come on, take it the way it was intended

the info from your first post comes direct from Clive's Twitter, and was posted a year ago, so I think it's fair to call it old news... the info you've just put up now is more recent, and good to hear!

I'm no reviewer, but I will tell you that the new cut is completely faithful to the book, and I think gives a better portrait of Midian. problem is, the new 'found footage' currently resembles a home video shot on a '90s camcorder, and I fear for just how much quality they can get out of it. Russell Cherrington did assure us at the screening that it could be brought up to a reasonable standard, but that baking the film was going to be a very large expense, hence the distributors' need for proof that there would be a market for it
Old 16th May 2013, 09:56 PM
Cult Acolyte

Awesome ! Looking forward to this.
Old 16th May 2013, 10:28 PM
Seasoned Cultist

I'm really looking forward to this, as long as the materials are there for a decent release. I loved the novella and Barker's film, I even loved the old game on the Commodore Amiga.
troggi likes this.
Old 16th May 2013, 10:32 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Superb!

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 16th May 2013, 11:42 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Really great news. I've never seen the Cabal cut, but I love the original as is, so I can only imagine what an extended version of Nightbreed will be like!

Like this? Share it using the links below!