Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > General Horror Chat

Like Tree11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13th July 2012, 10:55 AM
Cultist in Training

Send a message via AIM to andgomorra Send a message via Yahoo to andgomorra Send a message via Skype™ to andgomorra
Default Melancholie der engel

Has anyone seen it or know where to get purchase it online? How does it compare against a serbian film? My buddy is comparing the two and I have no idea. Figured some of y'all would know about it. Thx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 13th July 2012, 01:12 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Never heard of it, but reading up about it makes me want to see it. It sounds challenging and different, creating its own unique world of cinematic boundaries and rules. I'll have to try and find a copy now.
Old 13th July 2012, 01:24 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

I have seen people on youtube talk about this film and saying they could only buy if from Germany with no subs. Im not sure if that has changed yet tho.
Old 13th July 2012, 03:10 PM
Cultist

It's one I heard about but it's not one I own or have seen.
I believe it only had a limited underground release and I initially was interested in obtaining a copy a year or so back, as it seemed like my sort of thing but I then found out it was in German language only, with no subtitles, and that put me off.
I think you'd have to look to Germany to find it to be honest - try Ebay Germany or Amazon Germany etc....
Old 13th July 2012, 04:17 PM
Active Cultist
Good Trader

but it is a completely different kettle of fish to Serbian Movie, but be warned it contains real animal cruelty

Last edited by alex s; 13th July 2012 at 04:42 PM.
Old 13th July 2012, 05:16 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex s View Post
but it is a completely different kettle of fish to Serbian Movie, but be warned it contains real animal cruelty
Hey Alex. I know you sold it and I was really upset.

It's all good now though because I own the German edition of the DVD.
Old 13th July 2012, 05:58 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

That scene with the cat is horrible and I really hope it was faked. But I doubt it was.

Letterboxd | Youtube | Twitter
Old 13th July 2012, 09:26 PM
Active Cultist

I watched it without subs. I really didn't need them. Its about two old friends that get together with three women, an older man and a disabled girl in an old farmhouse in the German countryside. Sounds fun, aye?

One of the friends is dying so they are going to party by smoking a ton of opium, drink and drug their guests....oh yeah, eat fruit, smash tiny lizards and squish snails.

Don't get me wrong..that's just in the first hour of this 2 hr and forty minute movie. There are very sick and disgusting things throughout the film. It looks beautiful. The camera angles, the washed out color and most of the music makes this almost like a piece of art. I felt that this film wasn't made just for shock value. It had several unnessary scenes and an animal kill that I think was real.

It was sick and brutal but it was all wrapped up in pretty. Nothing I haven't seen before. Two outstanding scenes in my opinion and they were at the end of the film.

This was arthousey with filth and disgust sprinkled in. A Serbian film was much better. Someone said, a film critic or something that a Serbian film is PG~13 compared to this film.....no ****ing way..
Old 13th July 2012, 09:58 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

It depresses the hell out of me that in this day and age some 'filmmakers' still think it's ok to torture or kill animals on camera. It's not big and it's not clever. CGI not good enough, you ****ing twat?

Absolutely depressing.

(Should anyone want to see it, it's free to view on Daily Motion. Normally I wouldn't mention something like that, but I rather people watched it for free instead of having the director make money off it through dvd sales)

*before anyone says but 'what about the Cannibal films?' I shall inform you that I don't own any of them anymore. Seen them all once, don't need to see them again.

Letterboxd | Youtube | Twitter
Old 14th July 2012, 01:27 AM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete View Post
It depresses the hell out of me that in this day and age some 'filmmakers' still think it's ok to torture or kill animals on camera. It's not big and it's not clever. CGI not good enough, you ****ing twat?

Absolutely depressing.

(Should anyone want to see it, it's free to view on Daily Motion. Normally I wouldn't mention something like that, but I rather people watched it for free instead of having the director make money off it through dvd sales)

*before anyone says but 'what about the Cannibal films?' I shall inform you that I don't own any of them anymore. Seen them all once, don't need to see them again.
Should I have a conscience, but personally I think that if the animal is killed for a film then it's ok. It's just one animal. They're even eaten sometimes.

Like this? Share it using the links below!