Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > General Horror Chat

Like Tree16Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17th October 2013, 11:24 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

For me Mona Lisa and End of the Affair are his best films by a long shot. But he's a consistently interesting eclectic film maker and even the films you might consider misfires have interesting things going for them, like Breakfast on Pluto's great cameo by Bryan Ferry as a sinster john looking to pick up Cillian Murphy...

Paul@TheOverlook likes this.
Old 17th October 2013, 12:04 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul@Lovelockandload View Post
Not a fan of Mona Lisa or Crying Game, Daemonia? That does surprise me, mate.
I don't mind both of those, but I'm not as struck on them as much as other people seem to be, though. Aside from that scene in The Crying Game, the rest of the film is a bit dull and I'm not a big fan of Stephen Rea either.
Paul@TheOverlook likes this.
Old 19th October 2013, 11:36 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Wes, exactly what I said elsewhere - he commands my respect because he mixes things up so nicely - he could never be accused of being a one-trick pony.

And being a massive Roxy fan, that scene with Ferry in Breakfast on Pluto cracked me up. Brilliant.

Dae - I disagree with you about Crying Game. I hated it the first time I saw it but have grown really fond of it over the years. It's brilliantly written and acted and stands the scrutiny of repeat viewings. I really rate Rea too - he's quite under-appreciated.

Like this? Share it using the links below!