Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Horror Chat (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=557)
-   -   The Films of Neil Jordan (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-horror-chat/11265-films-neil-jordan.html)

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 5th August 2013 09:25 PM

The Films of Neil Jordan

17 Attachment(s)
With the release of Byzantium,I thought here's a guy that doesn't get discussed here often,and it's time to put that right.
I'd be hard pushed to think of a film made by this Irishman that wasn't entertaining.....

I remember Vestron Video's big push for the release of The Company of Wolves back in the eighties with a naked chick on the posters!

Who doesn't remember their jaw hitting the ground in that scene in The Crying Game?

And with maybe the exception of Collateral,was Tom Cruise ever so fiendishly evil as Lestat in Interview with the Vampire?

Discuss this enigmatic Irish fellow here....:)

Demdike@Cult Labs 5th August 2013 09:53 PM

I think i'm about the only person on the Labs who loves Interview With the Vampire.

The Company of Wolves, The Brave One, The Good Thief and The End of the Affair are the others i own and are all very good.

I love the artwork for Byzantium by the way.

Paul@TheOverlook 5th August 2013 10:00 PM

Big fan. Consistently interesting filmmaker, even when some of the films are compromised and not wholly successful (In Dreams). Made fair share of excellent films (Company of Wolves, Mona Lisa, Crying Game, Interview with the Vampire) and only one duffer that I've seen (High Spirits).

Fair few of his films I've not seen (despite the fact I own them all bar High Spirits, The Miracle and the latest one). Will have to sort that out :)

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 6th August 2013 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 356760)
I think i'm about the only person on the Labs who loves Interview With the Vampire.

[/B] by the way.

It would appear you aren't mate.....

Stephen Rea,a superb actor,is the Michael Ripper of Jordan's films-he pops up everywhere!

Demdike@Cult Labs 6th August 2013 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs (Post 356962)
It would appear you aren't mate.....

Fair enough. Paul and i are the only ones. The forum isn't exactly zooming to the thread to show its appreciation. ;)

Nordicdusk 6th August 2013 10:12 PM

Im a fan of interview with the Vampire.

The one and only time i went to the cinema with my father was to see Michael Collins a great film not watched it in years.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 16th October 2013 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nordicdusk (Post 356974)
Im a fan of interview with the Vampire.

Likewise.

Anyway-watched Byzantium yesterday-and I can highly recommend it.
It harks back to that grim Brit setting feeling of Jordan's earlier Mona Lisa and The Crying Game.
And Gemma Artherton-is there a more attractive female to look at on screen just now?
I think not!:happy:

Make Them Die Slowly 16th October 2013 05:15 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs (Post 372156)
Likewise.

Anyway-watched Byzantium yesterday-and I can highly recommend it.
It harks back to that grim Brit setting feeling of Jordan's earlier Mona Lisa and The Crying Game.
And Gemma Artherton-is there a more attractive female to look at on screen just now?
I think not!:happy:

Lovely Gemma...I like a few of Jordan's films, "Angel" Mona Lisa", "The Company of Wolves" and the latest being my faves. "High Spirits" is one of the handful of films I stopped watching half way through and returned to the video shop. Bloody awful.

trebor8273 16th October 2013 06:37 PM

Just started Byzantium only 20 minutes into it but can already tel I'm going to like it.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 16th October 2013 10:01 PM

Gemma in sussies-what's not to like?:lol: