Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > General Horror Chat

Like Tree12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21st September 2013, 02:21 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipp View Post
I have to say that i really don't like Aliens, to this day and ater many many attempts i can't stay awake to the end, it's just so boring.
The end's the best bit! You should skip to the bit where Ripley goes to rescue Newt.
Vipp likes this.
Old 22nd September 2013, 09:10 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampix View Post
You prefer the remake of TCM to the original!?
Burn the heretic!

HAha, Sorry, i had been lazy and copy and pasted the original to add my thoughts but missed that one. Ironically only a few days ago i told Wes in the forumt hat i love The Texas Chainsaw Massacre so much i ruin our family meal night by arriving with an argos chainsaw and wearing a dead woman's face. mind you now it's not in context and sounds a little creepy.

Im not against re-makes but i'm not sure i enjoy any of them like i can enjoy a real horror film.
Old 22nd September 2013, 05:23 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipp View Post
Jaws - i can't watch this film it's just so bad.
Is that right Vipp ? Wow, I would consider Jaws one of most bulletproof films ever made... I mean Jaws is magically great. But for my two cents, I'd take Phantasm II over the original - tremendous film...
Demdike@Cult Labs and Shadow like this.
Old 22nd September 2013, 09:31 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

I do feel that way about Jaws however i must say it's not coming from an educated decision. If i saw a great white shark in the flesh i'd bet that film would be the dog's balls mate. I did try the movie on a few occasions with a Jaws fanatic and good friend but i didn't take to it. to balance this i will tell you one of my favourite films is Don't go into the house! which should put this dibate to bed.
Wes likes this.
Old 24th September 2013, 03:24 AM
Cult Rookie

I don't hate the original TCM, I just thought the remake was more entertaining.
Old 3rd October 2013, 11:02 PM
Cult Rookie

I've been thinking best episode per season of a Horror TV show is a good addition for this topic, too.
Vipp likes this.
Old 4th October 2013, 07:15 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
I've been thinking best episode per season of a Horror TV show is a good addition for this topic, too.
Okay, not a Horror TV series but I really love Night Terrors, a Season 4 episode of Star Trek The Next Generation where the crew encounter a strange phenomenon where they can't enter in REM sleep, prompting all sorts of hallucinations. In one sequence Enterprise doctor Beverly Krusher is in the ship's morgue and imagines herself surrounded by corpses sitting up on their slabs in their body bags. A fantastic, genuinely eerie moment...

Old 4th October 2013, 11:25 AM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes View Post
Is that right Vipp ? Wow, I would consider Jaws one of most bulletproof films ever made... I mean Jaws is magically great. But for my two cents, I'd take Phantasm II over the original - tremendous film...
This.

On both accounts.
Shadow likes this.
Old 4th October 2013, 10:34 PM
Cult Rookie

Jaws will always be one of the most perfect movies ever.
dis likes this.
Old 4th October 2013, 10:43 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

It may be so, i won't argue that. Lot's of people like Jaws. and i like being part of this forum so i will choose my words carefully however i can't get into it. mind you like i said to Wes, i enjoy some real duff movies.

i watched and own the Masters of Horror seasons 1 and 2 and i really enjoyed 'an incident on and off a mountain road' (i think it was called that). i thought that was actually well made and entertaining. My fiancee loves 'Fair haired Child' but she is strange like that. lol.
Wes likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!