Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > General Horror Chat

Poll: I LIKE.......
Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.
Poll Options
I LIKE.......

Like Tree174Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13th August 2017, 05:26 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

I found this on net today, funnily enough a friend text me this week asking i f I had any news on the remake

Max Landis has provided an update on his upcoming remake of An American Werewolf in London. The original 1981 film was directed by Landis’ father, the legendary filmmaker John Landis, and starred David Naughton and Griffin Dunne as the titular characters David Kessler and Jack Goodman, respectively (who were attacked by the werewolf), with Jenny Agutter as nurse Alex Price and John Woodvine as Dr. J.S. Hirsch. The movie garnered critical acclaim upon its release and has since evolved to cult status among horror fans around the world.

The first rumblings of An American Werewolf remake first surfaced in 2009, but it wasn’t until Landis boarded the project last year that things started to move forward. Filmmakers from all across the industry have taken part in remakes before, but it’s rare, if at all precedented, for someone to remake something that one of their parents had originally created – though it’s not unprecedented for family members to work together (see: Jon and Lawrence Kasdan scripting the young Han Solo movie). Now, the younger Landis has indicated how far along he’s in the process of developing the remake.

RELATED: HOW AMERICAN WEREWOLF REMAKE WILL APPROACH ITS VFX

The screenwriter was at San Diego Comic-Con 2017 last month promoting Dirk Gently’s Holistic Detective Agency – and in an interview with Kevin Smith for IMDb, Landis said that he’s halfway through writing the script for An American Werewolf in London and that he still plans on directing the upcoming remake:

Max Landis On Lax Mandis Black List Script Max Landis Offers American Werewolf Update, Still Plans to Direct

“I’m going to write it, and I think I’m going to direct it. I like the script I wrote; you know, I’m halfway through it right now. I hope it turns out great.”

Landis also acknowledged that there were rumors about the American Werewolf in London remake joining Universal Pictures’ burgeoning Dark Universe – a shared monster universe that launched with Alex Kurtzman’s The Mummy remake earlier this summer – though he didn’t provide any concrete information on that front. Previous reports have stated that The Walking Dead executive producers Robert Kirkman and David Alpert (who also produces Dirk Gently) will serve as producers on the remake, with John Landis also serving as executive producer.

Although there isn’t much that’s known about the project at this time, Max Landis has previously stated that the American Werewolf in London remake will continue to use practical effects for the werewolf – especially with regard to the transformation scene (the original movie’s transformation is what garnered the film the inaugural Oscar for Outstanding Achievement in Makeup) – but utilize CGI for the legs so that the werewolf will remain mobile.

keirarts likes this.
Old 15th August 2017, 03:06 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

"Witch" Duo Reunite On "Nosferatu" Remake - Dark Horizons
keirarts likes this.
Old 15th August 2017, 08:09 PM
Ex-member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post
Were the producers thought "hey let's make a remake of a violent movie that got banned and add some comedy" instead of making it a, serious movie?
I do not recall Death Wish ever getting banned,Withdrawn yes but never banned.
Old 16th August 2017, 07:31 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

License to Drive Remake Is Happening with a Female Twist | MovieWeb
keirarts likes this.
Old 19th August 2017, 03:12 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

keirarts likes this.
Old 31st August 2017, 05:27 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Ffs

All-female Lord of the Flies remake sparks criticism
keirarts and bleakshaun like this.
Old 31st August 2017, 05:37 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
Is the "Ffs" about the announced film or the reaction?
keirarts likes this.
Old 31st August 2017, 05:39 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
Is the "Ffs" about the announced film or the reaction?
Reaction for £uck sake ..
Old 31st August 2017, 05:46 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
Reaction for £uck sake ..
I'm still not clear whether you're upset about the proposed film adaptation or the criticism.

I think it could be interesting, but only if it was written by someone like Abi Morgan for a female director. It seems pointless for men to be behind the project. I don't think they still work together, but Karen McCullah and Kirsten Smith (Legally Blonde, She's the Man, 10 Things I Hate About you You, Ella Enchanted, The Ugly Truth etc.) would have been able to write an interesting spin on William Golding's novel.
keirarts likes this.
Old 1st September 2017, 12:28 AM
Cult Addict

I don't see why there would be a problem doing an all girls version of "lord of the flies" the principle of the story would still be the same.
Any hoo haw is purely down to people who have an issue with replacing one sex with another.

The only reason this should ever be an issue is if a character in fiction can only be of a certain sex.

For instance if they did a version of 'Carrie" and replaced the lead with a boy a few scenes just wouldn't make any sense at all.
keirarts likes this.

MIKE: I've got it! Peter Cushing! We've got to drive a stake through his heart!
VYVYAN: Great! I'll get the car!
NEIL: I'll get a cushion.

Like this? Share it using the links below!