Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > General Horror Chat

Poll: I LIKE.......
Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.
Poll Options
I LIKE.......

Like Tree174Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2nd November 2020, 12:07 AM
Cult Addict

yeah that ain't gonna happen.

MIKE: I've got it! Peter Cushing! We've got to drive a stake through his heart!
VYVYAN: Great! I'll get the car!
NEIL: I'll get a cushion.
Old 22nd December 2020, 07:40 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

What’s Hollywood obsession with remakes?
Some ok but nearly everything getting remade at some point it’s getting beyond a joke.

https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/...ekv_oRW2PSPjow

Misery Remake Reportedly In Development, Will Be A Modernized Take

I’m your number one fan.”
For those who’ve witnessed Rob Reiner’s eerily believable thriller, Misery, those handful of words will forever live on in our nightmares, right? Indeed, Kathy Bates’ psychopathic, Academy Award-winning turn is so terrifically executed, that it’s proven difficult watching the actress in literally anything else ever since. But hey, maybe that’s just me.
Luckily, though, for fans of 1990’s cinematic adaptation of Stephen King’s famous novel, we may have some really great news for you. That’s right, according to sources close to We Got This Covered – the same ones who told us that a Swamp Thing movie is happening, which Bloody Disgusting later confirmed, and that Lethal Weapon 5 is moving forward with Mel Gibson and Danny Glover, which was confirmed this week – a Misery remake is now in early development. Furthermore, our sources say that the new project will be a modernized take on King’s best-selling novel. Beyond that, however, details are pretty scarce due to how early on it is.

Of course, if it’s anything like the original film, I’m sure we’re going to be in for a tense and nailbiting ride. Narratively, Misery centers on writer Paul Sheldon (played brilliantly by James Caan), who’s rescued from a car crash by a crazy fan in a hazardous blizzard. Once “rescued,” however, the author is physically forced to write new books to satisfy Annie Wilkes’ own personal whims.
Without a doubt, one of the most iconic scenes from the psychological thriller features a sledgehammer (I’m sure you remember the one, *shivers*), and – oh, boy – it still haunts my dreams to this day. Hopefully, the new remake will retain the same pitch black comedy bite of Reiner’s classic, as well as rival Caan and Bates’ magnificent on-screen chemistry
Old 22nd December 2020, 08:31 PM
Cult Acolyte

For God's sake, why?
Old 22nd December 2020, 11:20 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by iank View Post
For God's sake, why?
Political correctness no doubt.
Old 23rd December 2020, 02:44 AM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
What’s Hollywood obsession with remakes?
Some ok but nearly everything getting remade at some point it’s getting beyond a joke.

https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/...ekv_oRW2PSPjow

Misery Remake Reportedly In Development, Will Be A Modernized Take

I’m your number one fan.”
For those who’ve witnessed Rob Reiner’s eerily believable thriller, Misery, those handful of words will forever live on in our nightmares, right? Indeed, Kathy Bates’ psychopathic, Academy Award-winning turn is so terrifically executed, that it’s proven difficult watching the actress in literally anything else ever since. But hey, maybe that’s just me.
Luckily, though, for fans of 1990’s cinematic adaptation of Stephen King’s famous novel, we may have some really great news for you. That’s right, according to sources close to We Got This Covered – the same ones who told us that a Swamp Thing movie is happening, which Bloody Disgusting later confirmed, and that Lethal Weapon 5 is moving forward with Mel Gibson and Danny Glover, which was confirmed this week – a Misery remake is now in early development. Furthermore, our sources say that the new project will be a modernized take on King’s best-selling novel. Beyond that, however, details are pretty scarce due to how early on it is.

Of course, if it’s anything like the original film, I’m sure we’re going to be in for a tense and nailbiting ride. Narratively, Misery centers on writer Paul Sheldon (played brilliantly by James Caan), who’s rescued from a car crash by a crazy fan in a hazardous blizzard. Once “rescued,” however, the author is physically forced to write new books to satisfy Annie Wilkes’ own personal whims.
Without a doubt, one of the most iconic scenes from the psychological thriller features a sledgehammer (I’m sure you remember the one, *shivers*), and – oh, boy – it still haunts my dreams to this day. Hopefully, the new remake will retain the same pitch black comedy bite of Reiner’s classic, as well as rival Caan and Bates’ magnificent on-screen chemistry
Also, another Lethal Weapon film? Murtaugh will be 84 by now.
Old 23rd December 2020, 10:49 AM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by iank View Post
For God's sake, why?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Political correctness no doubt.
I think the motivation is something else

Old 23rd February 2021, 11:51 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Train to Susan to get a Americam remake.

https://www.gamesradar.com/uk/amp/ho...ts-a-director/

Hollywood remake of South Korean movie Train to Busan gets a director

The South Korean zombie blockbuster is getting the Hollywood treatment
South Korean blockbuster Train to Busan is getting a Hollywood remake, and the project now has a director. Timo Tjahjanto is set to helm the movie for the studio New Line, Deadline reports.

Released in 2016, the original movie is a zombie apocalypse thriller directed by Yeon Sang-ho. It mostly takes place on – you guessed it – a train going from Seoul to Busan as a chemical leak at a biotech plant causes a zombie outbreak to hit the country. When an infected woman slips onto the train undetected before it leaves the station, the lives of all the passengers on board are suddenly at risk. The movie stars Gong Yoo, Ma Dong-seok, and Jung Yu-mi. A sequel dealing with the aftermath of the zombie apocalypse, Peninsula, was released in 2020.

Tjahjanto recently directed the Netflix action thriller The Night Comes for Us and made his name as one half of the Mo Brothers with Kimo Stamboel, the pair directing cult Indonesian horror and action movies like Macabre and Killers. This will be Tjahjanto's first Hollywood feature.

Aquaman director James Wan is one of the remake's producers, along with Gary Dauberman. Wan is also producing the upcoming Mortal Kombat movie, which is based on the video game of the same name. Daubman, meanwhile, has penned several movies for New Line including It and It Chapter Two. The pair are set to work together again on an upcoming adaptation of Stephen King's novel Salem’s Lot, with Dauberman writing and directing and Wan producing

Last edited by Nosferatu@Cult Labs; 24th February 2021 at 11:00 PM.
Old 24th February 2021, 11:03 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
Train to Susan to get a Americam remake.
An unintentionally funny typo there, gag.
Old 24th February 2021, 11:05 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
An unintentionally funny typo there, gag.
damn predictive txt

Unless someone catching a train to their loved one called Susan
Old 27th February 2021, 08:26 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Superman reboot.

https://www.digitalspy.com/movies/a3...oot-jj-abrams/

Superman is getting rebooted with new movie from Star Wars' JJ Abrams
Superman is coming back to the big screen in a new movie reboot from Star Wars' JJ Abrams and Black Panther comics writer Ta-Nehisi Coates.

Originally reported by Shadow and Act (and later confirmed by Deadline), the reboot is very early in its development process, with no start or release date planned as of yet. It's also not clear if it'll feature Henry Cavill reprising his Superman role.

While we'll see Cavill again as Superman in Zack Snyder's Justice League, we'd be surprised if he pulled on the cape again for this new reboot and it's likely that we'll be seeing someone else take on the role.

Interestingly, Coates is attached to Ryan Coogler's long-gestating movie Wrong Answer which will star Michael B Jordan, who has previously been linked to the role of Superman and who fans who likely be on board with seeing in the role.

"To be invited into the DC Extended Universe by Warner Bros, DC Films and Bad Robot is an honour," Coates told Shadow and Act. "I look forward to meaningfully adding to the legacy of America's most iconic mythic hero."

Abrams, who will produce the movie under his Bad Robot company with Hannah Minghella, added: "There is a new, powerful and moving Superman story yet to be told

"We couldn't be more thrilled to be working with the brilliant Mr Coates to help bring that story to the big screen, and we're beyond thankful to the team at Warner Bros for the opportunity

Like this? Share it using the links below!