Like Tree34Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18th September 2013, 05:11 PM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Default The First Chucky Film You Ever Saw

Hi all,

It's been 25 years since Chucky first slashed his way onto the screen, so what better time than now to take a look back and get all nostalgic.

What was the first Chucky movie you ever saw? Did you watch them in order from the start? Maybe you saw all of the films on their initial release? What did you make of it the first time you saw it?

Share your thoughts below...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg childs-play-2012.jpg (85.8 KB, 2 views)
Old 18th September 2013, 05:13 PM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

The first time I ever saw a Chucky movie was probably when I was around 9 or 10. I remember Bride Of Chucky being on TV late one night and sneaking a watch. I only caught the scene where Chucky and Tiffany where in the front of the van, before they murder John Ritter's character... before I got too scared to watch anymore! Ha!

I also used to believe that the film was about a doll of Chucky from the Rugrats who was killing people for some reason. I mean, he does have Ginger hair! And he was helped by Angelica Pickles!

Basically, Bride Of Chucky ruined the Rugrats for me!

....yeah. ¬__¬

Last edited by iluvdvds@Cult Labs; 18th September 2013 at 10:30 PM.
Old 18th September 2013, 05:14 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Bride of Chucky which was excellent. Then its sequel Seed of Chucky which was not.

I've not bothered with any of the earlier ones.
Old 18th September 2013, 05:18 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Bride of Chucky which was excellent. Then its sequel Seed of Chucky which was not.

I've not bothered with any of the earlier ones.
You stole my post, that's what I was going to say.
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 18th September 2013, 05:20 PM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

Really?! I thought everyone had seen the earlier movies. Well worth checking them out guys - especially Child's Play 1 & 2 - They're great!
Vipp likes this.
Old 18th September 2013, 05:36 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

I saw the original as soon as it came out on rental VHS. I was 14 and loved it. The second and third were okay, was working in a video rental store when both of those came out.

Bride I bought blind on US DVD, as it was released a couple of months ahead of the UK cinema release. Absolutely loved that but wasn't as lucky with Seed, which was also a blind buy.

Of Course, for many of us over a certain age, the third film will be intrinsically linked to the murder of Jamie Bulger - a tenuous link between the film and the horrific real life crime was taken and run with by The Sun and many people were soon under the impression that the film had been banned, just because the shitrag had called for its banning. This then led to "Liberal" (yeah, right) MP David Alton to call for even tighter censorship laws on video, including a proposal to ban all 18-rated films from the home! suffice to say his draconian plan was scuppered, thankfully.

I digress but Chucky had quite a huge impact on the UK video industry.
Wes likes this.
Old 18th September 2013, 05:53 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

(EDIT - Paul's post above beat me to it)

To digress for a sec... I was never a fan of these films, and for me they still feel irrevocably linked with the James Bulger case when the tabloid press put the blame squarely on Child's Play III for the inspiration for the murder, which opened the floodgates on the nation's film watching habits, with kids supposedly spending all their waking hours watching violent videos - I mean I have a clear memory of an appalled BBC reporter droning on over the credit sequence of I Spit on Your Grave on the lunchtime news. Strange days...

Paul@TheOverlook likes this.
Old 18th September 2013, 07:23 PM
Active Cultist

I love Chucky. By the age of about 11 or 12 I had seen all of the Chucky films. I would have to say that Bride of was my first. Used to have a right crush on Jennifer Tilly. Boobies. Woooo.

I always wanted to get the full size doll of Chucky when I was younger. Only knew about it because I know of someone who bought their son and daughter one, but they were scared of it so they put it in the corner of the room facing the wall. I was dead jealous. If I had a Chucky I would tuck him into bed every night and give him on kiss on the cheek. He is such a cutie.
Old 18th September 2013, 07:51 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes View Post

I remember delivering this paper (plus the other rags that were condemning these films) and winding myself up before school at the sheer stupidity of the entire thing, probably how people felt 10 years earlier during the initial video nasty scandal.

I've only seen the first 3, never bothered with the others
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 18th September 2013, 09:09 PM
Active Cultist

part 1 when it came out on video was 13 at the time,went to see part 2 at the cinema.

Like this? Share it using the links below!