Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Horror Chat (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=557)
-   -   Trancers Blu-Ray coming September 2014 (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-horror-chat/12304-trancers-blu-ray-coming-september-2014-a.html)

HorrorFreak 18th June 2014 05:16 PM

Trancers Blu-Ray coming September 2014

Surprised there wasn't a topic on this already. This release has next to no exposure. 88 films is releasing the original Trancers movie remastered in widescreen on blu ray in the UK. However, the release is region free (that's mentioned as a "special feature") so it will work on any player. Thoughts? I'm super exited. I was questioning if I'd ever see the movie outside of that horrid larserdisc transfer. I'd post the url for the official page, but... I apparently don't have the seniority to do so. It is even available to pre-order through Amazon. The listed release date is September 22, 2014. Enjoy!

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 18th June 2014 06:02 PM

Since 88 abandoned the forum, pretty much any news gets posted in this thread now.

No reason why individual threads can't be created though!

Rik 18th June 2014 06:04 PM

And I think there's only Stephen who would buy this anyway, artwork permitting :lol:

Andra Jai 18th June 2014 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 407534)
And I think there's only Stephen who would buy this anyway, artwork permitting :lol:

That should be Stephen +1 then as I've been waiting a very long time to see a decent print of this film.

Hell I'd even buy all the sequels if they arrived on blu-ray although to be honest I'm not going to lose that much sleep if it's just the first one that makes it out

Rik 18th June 2014 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sam tyler (Post 407538)
That should be Stephen +1 then as I've been waiting a very long time to see a decent print of this film.

Hell I'd even buy all the sequels if they arrived on blu-ray although to be honest I'm not going to lose that much sleep if it's just the first one that makes it out

I was joking, I know this (and many other Charles Band films) has a few fans on here ;)

trebor8273 18th June 2014 07:11 PM

I will be buying it, I'm one of those guilty few who enjoy bands stuff(well the early stuff not the newer stuff)

HorrorFreak 29th June 2014 05:56 AM

So, I was just browsing the 88 films Trancers page again and noticed that the release date has been changed to July 2015. However, every other site still has the September release date. Is this official? I really hope not.

Daemonia 29th June 2014 08:12 AM

You can also put me down as a fan. The last time I saw it was in the 80's on VHS so I'll definitely pick up a Blu of this one. :)

HorrorFreak 17th July 2014 04:38 AM

Ok. So you can buy it now through fullmoon direct. Like... Right NOW! I just got an email saying it was available. Bought it 30 seconds later. It's region free so everyone should pick it up asap!

Stephen@Cult Labs 17th July 2014 05:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HorrorFreak (Post 410956)
Ok. So you can buy it now through fullmoon direct. Like... Right NOW! I just got an email saying it was available. Bought it 30 seconds later. It's region free so everyone should pick it up asap!

Waiting on the 88 version :)