Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > General Horror Chat

Like Tree10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18th June 2014, 05:16 PM
Cult Rookie

Default Trancers Blu-Ray coming September 2014

Surprised there wasn't a topic on this already. This release has next to no exposure. 88 films is releasing the original Trancers movie remastered in widescreen on blu ray in the UK. However, the release is region free (that's mentioned as a "special feature") so it will work on any player. Thoughts? I'm super exited. I was questioning if I'd ever see the movie outside of that horrid larserdisc transfer. I'd post the url for the official page, but... I apparently don't have the seniority to do so. It is even available to pre-order through Amazon. The listed release date is September 22, 2014. Enjoy!
Old 18th June 2014, 06:02 PM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Since 88 abandoned the forum, pretty much any news gets posted in this thread now.

No reason why individual threads can't be created though!
Old 18th June 2014, 06:04 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

And I think there's only Stephen who would buy this anyway, artwork permitting
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 18th June 2014, 06:47 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
And I think there's only Stephen who would buy this anyway, artwork permitting
That should be Stephen +1 then as I've been waiting a very long time to see a decent print of this film.

Hell I'd even buy all the sequels if they arrived on blu-ray although to be honest I'm not going to lose that much sleep if it's just the first one that makes it out
Daemonia and Rik like this.
Old 18th June 2014, 06:54 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam tyler View Post
That should be Stephen +1 then as I've been waiting a very long time to see a decent print of this film.

Hell I'd even buy all the sequels if they arrived on blu-ray although to be honest I'm not going to lose that much sleep if it's just the first one that makes it out
I was joking, I know this (and many other Charles Band films) has a few fans on here
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 18th June 2014, 07:11 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

I will be buying it, I'm one of those guilty few who enjoy bands stuff(well the early stuff not the newer stuff)
Old 29th June 2014, 05:56 AM
Cult Rookie

So, I was just browsing the 88 films Trancers page again and noticed that the release date has been changed to July 2015. However, every other site still has the September release date. Is this official? I really hope not.
Old 29th June 2014, 08:12 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

You can also put me down as a fan. The last time I saw it was in the 80's on VHS so I'll definitely pick up a Blu of this one.
Old 17th July 2014, 04:38 AM
Cult Rookie

Ok. So you can buy it now through fullmoon direct. Like... Right NOW! I just got an email saying it was available. Bought it 30 seconds later. It's region free so everyone should pick it up asap!
Old 17th July 2014, 05:31 AM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HorrorFreak View Post
Ok. So you can buy it now through fullmoon direct. Like... Right NOW! I just got an email saying it was available. Bought it 30 seconds later. It's region free so everyone should pick it up asap!

Waiting on the 88 version

Like this? Share it using the links below!