Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > General Horror Chat

Like Tree1024Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29th January 2017, 11:35 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Reminds me, the copy i bought prior to Christmas is still in it's shrink wrap.
Old 30th January 2017, 12:20 AM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Reminds me, the copy i bought prior to Christmas is still in it's shrink wrap.
If you got the Roger Corman double bill version,the other film on there Twice Dead,is a highly amusing piece of 80's trash,definitely worth a watch.

Old 30th January 2017, 12:22 AM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector Abberline View Post
If you got the Roger Corman double bill version,the other film on there Twice Dead,is a highly amusing piece of 80's trash,definitely worth a watch.

Apologies. I was meaning the book is still in it's shrink wrap. I don't have the film. That version is in my wish list but never got round to clicking the order button.
Old 30th January 2017, 12:24 AM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Apologies. I was meaning the book is still in it's shrink wrap. I don't have the film.
ok in that case get reading.

Old 30th January 2017, 12:26 AM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector Abberline View Post
ok in that case get reading.
I bought that and the Simon Sheridan book within days of each other and ended up totally engrossed in all things Askwith, i put the Nightmare USA book away and kind of forgot about it until you bumped this thread again.
Old 15th May 2017, 07:35 PM
Cult Addict

Good news, everyone! Stephen Thrower has revealed that a second volume of Nightmare USA is on the way. No word on the release date as it is still been written.
Rik likes this.
Old 15th May 2017, 07:41 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr 420 View Post
Good news, everyone! Stephen Thrower has revealed that a second volume of Nightmare USA is on the way. No word on the release date as it is still been written.
He's been saying this for years now, also says he's working on another Franco book
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 15th May 2017, 07:48 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
He's been saying this for years now, also says he's working on another Franco book
Yup, he says that he's working on getting the Franco finished first and then the Nighmare USA one.
Old 15th October 2017, 11:00 AM
Cult Acolyte

Default BLOOD OF GHASTLY HORROR (1972)

blood.jpgof.jpg

Psycho Ã* Go-Go (aka Blood of Ghastly Horror, aka Fiend with the Electronic Brain, aka The Man with the Synthetic Brain) (1967, USA)
Boy never was a title so apt as this one,even by Al's standards this one is pretty loopy and just a bit of a mess.Producer Sam Sherman convinces Al to take his 1964 move ECHO OF TERROR,a heist movie and tack on some newer footage they filmed in the 1970's,and turn what was a jewel robbery film into a mad scientist flick instead.So every so often the film will leap backwards and forwards in time like Scott Bakula as the original film is told in flashback,geddit..?On hand is John Carradine as a mad scientist who obviously needed the money,also the lovely Regina Carroll appears yet again in her hubbies movie,and while she is no Meryl Streep at least she takes the attention away from the god awful film sets.Speaking of which it would be easy to scoff at the awfulness of some of the props,so I will,frankly there rubbish,Carradine's brain chip machine is just a tin hat with wires on it,The Blue Peter cat could of come up with better props.But when all said and done this is what we come to expect from Al,anything less would be just mental.Still its always a shame when the film never lives up to its title or the very cool poster.Jokingly Sherman introduces the film by saying he has cut up his critics and put them in a couple of black bags he is carrying.Now this is all done tongue in cheek but you do get the impression he maybe is harboring a few grudges from his past critics.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bogh.jpg (49.6 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg ghastly.jpg (95.7 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg horror.jpg (50.5 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg psycho_a_go_go_poster_01.jpg (105.9 KB, 5 views)

Old 18th October 2017, 09:10 PM
Cult Acolyte

Default Brain of Blood (1971)

bob1.jpgbob1.jpg

When the producers of the Eddie Romero movies needed another along the same lines,it would be no surprise they would turn to Al Adamson and Sam Sherman,I mean who else of course..This is a truly bonkers movie.A dying middle eastern tyrant hire's a scientist to transplant his brain into a healthy body.So they put his body on ice and move him to another country.Well I say ice,they actually wrap him up in tin foil like he was a left over from Fuad Ramses party.Astonishingly there is some halve decent production values,especially in the laboratory and some of the brain transplant scenes.But don't worry things soon revert back to there usual ways.For instance why does a modern scientific lab (I use this term loosely of course) have a medieval dungeon as a basement..??? apart from having women chained up in it of course.Why have a midget for a nurse??. Also never send a child like monster to get a fresh body to do a brain transplant on because they always screw it up and damage the goods.Mediocrity and dullness soon take over and the last half hour seems to take an eternity as the cast traipse around the countryside while the mad scientist zaps his prey with a toy ray gun,Regina Carroll at least has the decency to get thrown off a cliff.The final shot is a brain freshly scoped out,and that's exactly how the audience is gonna feel.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bob.jpg (100.0 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg blood.jpg (57.2 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg brain.jpg (65.0 KB, 4 views)

Like this? Share it using the links below!