Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Horror Chat (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=557)
-   -   ReAction Figures (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-horror-chat/12601-reaction-figures.html)

MrRange 17th September 2014 09:16 AM

ReAction Figures

I just spotted these on Zavvi, 2 for £20 ReAction | Zavvi.com and I'm not sure what to think of them really.

Has anyone bought any of these or plans on buying them?

At first I thought they looked quite fun and thought about buying the Jason one to see what it was like, but after looking more closely it just seems so lazy. It's just an unspecified Jason, looks to me like maybe part 3 would be the closest fit, the logo is for the original film, and the photo on the packaging looks to me like Jason from Freddy Vs. Jason. It looks like little effort has gone into making these for the fans, rather they just seem like cheap cash ins on the names.

shel 17th September 2014 10:04 AM

Isn't that keeping in the spirit of these old skool figures though? They often had random photo art on packaging and the figures themselves just about resembled what they are meant to be.

Love the Aliens ones. Dont appear to be on zavvi tho

Dave Boy 17th September 2014 10:07 AM

I think that the range is made to look like action figures from the past or 'retro' figures.

MrRange 17th September 2014 10:24 AM

Yeah, I get that they're supposed to look like old figures, like the old Star Wars figures. I really do like the design. I just don't know if that really relates to random pictures and not specifying which film they're based on. I'd have thought they'd put a little more effort into the details.

Demdike@Cult Labs 17th September 2014 11:56 AM

I think they are horrible.

Perhaps we've been spoilt by McFarlane figures but these have no detail and in most cases don't even look like the character - see the Lugosi Dracula figure for example.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 17th September 2014 12:15 PM

They look pretty terrible to me too. I'm sure they'll get their share of customers though.

Rik 17th September 2014 12:41 PM

Yeah, they look cheap to me

VeZius 17th September 2014 01:26 PM

I've been interested in getting some of those, but haven't yet so far. I used to think that Funko POP Vinyls looked rather bland and uninteresting, but then eventually I got interested of them and got a few and now I love them. These have the same kind of appeal to me.

Vipp 17th September 2014 04:45 PM

They look abit crappy, if they were £4.99 each they might be cheap enough for a few to fill an empty shelf but that price is silly for what they are.

BAKA 18th September 2014 09:11 AM

It is a bit pretentious, but they're supposed to look crappy. They're retro throwbacks. I saw them in HorrorHound, and thought I would get a few, but in the conversion from US to UK currency, they've lost their charm, and become overpriced.