Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Horror Chat (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=557)
-   -   October Horror Movie Marathon (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-horror-chat/12632-october-horror-movie-marathon.html)

iank 22nd October 2021 10:43 PM

Scream. It's not that long since I watched this - January 2020 in fact - but for some reason I was just in the exact right mood and went for it, and I'm glad I did. Thoroughly enjoyed it all over again, even more than the most recent time. Great scary fun. :nod:

MrBarlow 22nd October 2021 11:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The Wasp Woman. 1959.

Janice Starlin is the head of a major cosmetic company and loosing her young looks, she decides to try e experiment on herself with royal jelly from wasps that has dire consequences.

Did this film inspire the story for Roald Dahl with the episode from Tales Of The Unexpected? A year earlier we were given The Fly so why not do a female version of another insect and we see the film's budget put to use with a strange mask. This isn't Roger Corman's best film's with just over a hour it does seem a bit rushed and could have made it a bit longer, i'm not complaining as I did enjoy it.

Attachment 237170

nosferatu42 23rd October 2021 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 662050)
"not once have i ever thought of The Texas Chainsaw Massacre as a horror comedy."

Seriously??? Its hilarious in places! The dinner table scene, trying to help poor grandad conk Sally on the head with a hammer? I was in stitches first time I watched it.

The more I watch Texas the more i find it funny in a very dark way, for instance the "What have you done to the door?" moment feels sitcom like in a way. And the whole hitchhiker segment.
But i didn't find Evil dead comedic the first time I watched it, but the more I see it the more i find it funny. I think a lot of these type of films, once you get over the scare factor it becomes funnier.

And yes the last time i watched The Exorcist i found it quite amusing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8x8xqZzD8w

nosferatu42 23rd October 2021 12:26 AM

I think American Werewolf is exemplary as a modern horror comedy, It's scary but also very funny in places, same as Re-animator and Return of the living dead as in it sets out to be horrifying but also has a lot of tongue in cheek throw away lines that make it funny.

MrBarlow 23rd October 2021 12:34 AM

1 Attachment(s)
The Werewolf Of Washington. 1973.

A reporter sent to Hungary is bitten by a wolf and is transferred back to Washington to be a aid for the president and turns into a werewolf.

This is somewhat tongue in cheek horror mixed with some comical dialogue, Dean Stockwell plays the reporter Jack and finds himself turning into a creature when the full moon is out. The way the make-up is done it looks like a homage to I was A Teenage Werewolf and the false teeth look very uncomfortable. It does go back and forth to being bad then actually quite good, with some bits being overally stupid. Who would go on a plane with people who don't understand English very well, see a man called jack and say "Hi Jack"?

Attachment 237171

J Harker 23rd October 2021 06:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 662052)
That scene i find really disturbing. More than any other in the film.

The thought of not quite hard enough hammer blows slowly knocking the life out of you, as your head begins to spin, your eyes lose focus, you slowly begin to black out, as you hear the cracking of your own skull followed by the softer sound of the hammer landing on brain tissue.

Oh it is disturbing. But it's the absurdity that makes it very darkly funny. That's why TCM works so well, for me at least. I think it exposes something about us the viewer that deep down we are amused.
Given the sequel is supposed to be more comedic I actually didn't find it funny at all. Or disturbing. Just kind of meh.

Susan Foreman 23rd October 2021 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 662041)
David Naughton's naked shenanigans in the zoo, particularly stealing a small boy's balloons, is something I always laugh at

J Harker 23rd October 2021 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nosferatu42 (Post 662055)
The more I watch Texas the more i find it funny in a very dark way, for instance the "What have you done to the door?" moment feels sitcom like in a way. And the whole hitchhiker segment.
But i didn't find Evil dead comedic the first time I watched it, but the more I see it the more i find it funny. I think a lot of these type of films, once you get over the scare factor it becomes funnier.

And yes the last time i watched The Exorcist i found it quite amusing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8x8xqZzD8w

The Exorcist doesn't do anything for me on any level. Just a dull poorly made mess of a film I found it to be.

Sent from my SM-G780G using Tapatalk

Frankie Teardrop 23rd October 2021 11:25 AM

FRANKIE'S HALLOWEEN SPECTACULAR #9

21/10/21

ASYLUM OF DARKNESS – Guy escapes from an asylum and finds himself in a slightly wooden version of ‘Lost Highway’, in which faceless spectres and various rubbery monstrosities pursue him whilst he struggles to figure out the mystery of a blind man’s painting. ‘Asylum Of Darkness’ offers sporadic bursts of cheap prosthetic gore and very much keeps with the sozzled surrealism of the director’s other notable work (‘Beyond Dream’s Door’). Ultimately it fails to come to terms with its long run time (a highly tangible two hours, at least some of which is dominated by some very confusing conversations), but still I liked the heartfelt weirdness of this indie oddity.

22/10/21

BLOODY MOON – The reason I like ‘Bloody Moon’ is that it really does answer the question “what would it be like if Jess Franco did a cheap American-style slasher, and would it be amazing?” – well, a film this outrageously dumb has to fall a little short of ‘amazing’, but watching him dally with the mainstream with something quite linear but still steeped in his trademark seedy expressionism is quite gratifying. ‘Bloody Moon’ may be atypical Franco in a way, but is also a good introduction for those who can’t necessarily be arsed with his excesses (if you want those there’s plenty to choose from, see below).

KILLER BARBYS – This is Jess Franco being Jess Franco – rampant atmosphere, doesn’t make sense at all, attempts at eroticism that are just dull or slimy, and absolutely no f*cks given. The ‘Killer Barbys’ (sic) are a punk band who end up stranded in the crumbling mansion of a Princess Bathory type; various gothic goings-on ensue, along with bits of really cheap, rubbish gore. One line goes that most of this, from the lame humour to the overlong scenes of not-even-very-visible people shagging in the back of a Winnebago, is abysmal. But somehow Franco’s morbid poetry shines through it all. Somehow, he is able to weave a threadbare tapestry of decaying opulence, shots of grotesque little objects, and mist-shrouded exteriors, and make it seem far more alluring than anything else put out in 1996. Many others won’t share that view, but this is definitely one for the fans.

Demdike@Cult Labs 23rd October 2021 11:35 AM

Maybe i should watch The Texas Chainsaw Massacre again. I've seen it once on dvd and once on vhs.

It seemed very dull for an hour. All i recall is kids driving around basically doing nothing.

Give me House of 1000 Corpses any day. Now that is wickedly funny.

Demdike@Cult Labs 23rd October 2021 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie Teardrop (Post 662069)
FRANKIE'S HALLOWEEN SPECTACULAR #9

KILLER BARBYS – This is Jess Franco being Jess Franco – rampant atmosphere, doesn’t make sense at all, attempts at eroticism that are just dull or slimy, and absolutely no f*cks given. The ‘Killer Barbys’ (sic) are a punk band who end up stranded in the crumbling mansion of a Princess Bathory type; various gothic goings-on ensue, along with bits of really cheap, rubbish gore. One line goes that most of this, from the lame humour to the overlong scenes of not-even-very-visible people shagging in the back of a Winnebago, is abysmal. But somehow Franco’s morbid poetry shines through it all. Somehow, he is able to weave a threadbare tapestry of decaying opulence, shots of grotesque little objects, and mist-shrouded exteriors, and make it seem far more alluring than anything else put out in 1996. Many others won’t share that view, but this is definitely one for the fans.

Does it say something about me that i've seen Killer Barbys way more times than the twice i've watched Hooper's 'classic' TCM?

J Harker 23rd October 2021 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 662071)
Maybe i should watch The Texas Chainsaw Massacre again. I've seen it once on dvd and once on vhs.

It seemed very dull for an hour. All i recall is kids driving around basically doing nothing.

Give me House of 1000 Corpses any day. Now that is wickedly funny.

I've never actually seen House of 1000 Corpses Dem. Probably something I need to amend as The Devil's Rejects is awesome.

Justin101 23rd October 2021 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie Teardrop (Post 662069)
22/10/21

BLOODY MOON – The reason I like ‘Bloody Moon’ is that it really does answer the question “what would it be like if Jess Franco did a cheap American-style slasher, and would it be amazing?” – well, a film this outrageously dumb has to fall a little short of ‘amazing’, but watching him dally with the mainstream with something quite linear but still steeped in his trademark seedy expressionism is quite gratifying. ‘Bloody Moon’ may be atypical Franco in a way, but is also a good introduction for those who can’t necessarily be arsed with his excesses (if you want those there’s plenty to choose from, see below).

So i think an Uncle Jess double-bill is on the cards :lol: I've not watched Killer Barbys yet but I do have the DVD. I loved Bloody Moon though, it's currently only a fiver from the Classic Films Direct sale if anyone wants to pick up a copy, the Severin bluray is very nice.

Demdike@Cult Labs 23rd October 2021 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 662078)
So i think an Uncle Jess double-bill is on the cards :lol: I've not watched Killer Barbys yet but I do have the DVD. I loved Bloody Moon though, it's currently only a fiver from the Classic Films Direct sale if anyone wants to pick up a copy, the Severin bluray is very nice.

Are there a lot of extras on the Bd? I have the Severin dvd

Justin101 23rd October 2021 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 662080)
Are there a lot of extras on the Bd? I have the Severin dvd

No, just a 20 minute interview which is probably on the DVD

Demdike@Cult Labs 23rd October 2021 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 662081)
No, just a 20 minute interview which is probably on the DVD

I was tempted by Bloody Moon myself. It was in my original CFD basket as part of an order that merited free postage.

I'm currently looking for some sand to stick my head in.

Oh and Susan. I'm a raven, not an ostrich or emu. :p

Nordicdusk 23rd October 2021 02:55 PM

1 Attachment(s)
30 days of unseen horror

Film 17

Attachment 237182

Princess Celeste LaTour is the head of a gypsy tribe she has a hidden secret that is n the verge of being discovered by the owner of a mansion he had turned into a museum of the occult. His new research has led him to the hidden tomb of the lady that once owned the mansion hidden behind a secret passageway underneath the mansion the legend goes that she was a werewolf but no one knows her whereabouts until now. On the night Dr. Charles Morris is about to show his findings to his son on his return from Washington he is mysteriously murdered. Dr. Morris's son carries out is own investigation to find the killer and piece together his father's partially destroyed notes to maybe find out who and why he was killed.

Most of the film plays out more like a cop drama rather than a horror. There is some great atmospheric scenes in the mansion the use and lighting and shadows keeps the creepy feel. The best scenes for me are in the gypsy camp every member of the tribe looks sinister even the ones just there to fill out the camp. My favourite scene was when Peter the museum tour guide was discovered emerging from the shadows in a state of shock and madness sadly the rest of the film did not reach the heights of that one scene. The one disappointment is that the werewolf is just an actual wolf but that aside it was an enjoyable film.

7/10

Demdike@Cult Labs 23rd October 2021 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nordicdusk (Post 662083)
30 days of unseen horror

Film 17

Attachment 237182

Princess Celeste LaTour is the head of a gypsy tribe she has a hidden secret that is n the verge of being discovered by the owner of a mansion he had turned into a museum of the occult. His new research has led him to the hidden tomb of the lady that once owned the mansion hidden behind a secret passageway underneath the mansion the legend goes that she was a werewolf but no one knows her whereabouts until now. On the night Dr. Charles Morris is about to show his findings to his son on his return from Washington he is mysteriously murdered. Dr. Morris's son carries out is own investigation to find the killer and piece together his father's partially destroyed notes to maybe find out who and why he was killed.

Most of the film plays out more like a cop drama rather than a horror. There is some great atmospheric scenes in the mansion the use and lighting and shadows keeps the creepy feel. The best scenes for me are in the gypsy camp every member of the tribe looks sinister even the ones just there to fill out the camp. My favourite scene was when Peter the museum tour guide was discovered emerging from the shadows in a state of shock and madness sadly the rest of the film did not reach the heights of that one scene. The one disappointment is that the werewolf is just an actual wolf but that aside it was an enjoyable film.

7/10

I don't know this one at all. Was it watched via streaming or Blu-ray?

Nordicdusk 23rd October 2021 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 662084)
I don't know this one at all. Was it watched via streaming or Blu-ray?

Its free on youtube.

Justin101 23rd October 2021 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nordicdusk (Post 662085)
Its free on youtube.

Now that Demdike has a fancy modern TV there is no reason why he can't watch all the public domain (and the few not exactly legit) films available on YouTube via his massive TV screen :D Samsung has a decent enough YouTube app.

Demdike@Cult Labs 23rd October 2021 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 662086)
Now that Demdike has a fancy modern TV there is no reason why he can't watch all the public domain (and the few not exactly legit) films available on YouTube via his massive TV screen :D Samsung has a decent enough YouTube app.

I've never bothered to connect it up. The broadband is shit here anyhow. Takes an age for a music vid on YT to play correctly on my PC never mind the thought of buffering onto a large screen.

Nordicdusk 23rd October 2021 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 662086)

A lot of great stuff on there great when a physical copy is not available or crazy expensive.

Justin101 23rd October 2021 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 662087)
I've never bothered to connect it up. The broadband is shit here anyhow. Takes an age for a music vid on YT to play correctly on my PC never mind the thought of buffering onto a large screen.

It's the same amount of data regardless, but if you have trouble with 4 min videos then perhaps a 90 min film is asking too much :)

I forget that more rural areas in the UK have shocking internet, I don't realise how fortunate I am with my superfast fibre broadband, I can't remember the last time I saw a spinning buffering icon, 2001 maybe? :lol:

:behindsofa:

Demdike@Cult Labs 23rd October 2021 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 662089)
It's the same amount of data regardless, but if you have trouble with 4 min videos then perhaps a 90 min film is asking too much :)

I forget that more rural areas in the UK have shocking internet, I don't realise how fortunate I am with my superfast fibre broadband, I can't remember the last time I saw a spinning buffering icon, 2001 maybe? :lol:

:behindsofa:

It's still classed as superfast fibre broadband but it's still shit.

Nordicdusk 23rd October 2021 04:22 PM

1 Attachment(s)
30 days of unseen horror

Film 18

Attachment 237183

Count Dracula has fled Transylvania after his resting place has been discovered by the authorities. While on board the train the count kills an artist on his way to live with his relations in America and steals his identity. The family at first find the counts ways a little odd but they just put it down to his different way of life back in Europe sleeping all day out all night and not eating but soon his behaviour turns to suspicion when an emigration officer shows up after the real artists body is discovered back in Europe and all the passengers are under investigation looking for the mans stolen papers. It's not long before the bodies start piling up in this sleepy town where everyone dies from natural causes but suddenly people are dying violently this attracts the attention of the man trying to trackdown where Count Dracula has disappeared too.

Francis Lederer does a great job at looking sinister and intimidating but honestly not looking like a typical vampire more like a 1940s gangster with is quiff hairstyle and mob like suit and overcoat slung over his shoulders. THere are some great effects for the time of people appearing from nowhere and one or two more that will spoil some moments if i described them but i always love what they could do so effectively in these 30s and 40s films. Just like Cry of the Werewolf before this there are only a few glimpses of horror one time showing the count in his coffin and once when he brings one of his victims back to life which are really well done but i would of liked a few more of these scenes. One really odd thing happened and i don't know why but during a stake to the heart scene just as the hammer hits the stake and the blood flows the scene went to colour just for the one impact not sure why someone would splice that in for a film with no blood or violence there isn't even fangs or neck biting in this just the suggestion of it.

Good but not great lacked more of the atmospheric scenes which really would of helped still entertaining but it could of been much more.

6/10

Demdike@Cult Labs 23rd October 2021 04:25 PM

October 22nd

2 Attachment(s)
The Body Snatcher (1945)

A moody and very grim Val Lewton produced period piece. Boris Karloff as the deviant in question is simply outstanding in a performance that bounces from kindly to pure evil in the blink of an eye. His showdown with Bela Lugosi two thirds of the way in is one of many a highlight.

This too is a great scene as Karloff's Gray, the body snatcher of the title, confronts Dr Macfarlane as played by Henry Daniel.

"Could you be a doctor, a healing man with the things those eyes have seen?"

The Shout Factory Blu-ray looks and sounds amazing.

The Craft (1996)

A high school horror movie in which new girl Robin Tunney is initiated into a clique of three black lipstick and nails outcast girls who practice witchcraft, or at least attempt to.

Starting off as a black comedy ala Heathers or Jawbreaker, The Craft quickly begins to explore themes of witchcraft and come the end, the karma that goes with it. The four girls are all excellent, especially the Manson like (Marilyn not Charles) Fairuza Balk who lets her powers overcome her in the worst possible way.

Leaving most teen movie cliches behind by the midway point, The Craft explores darker themes and by the climactic finale is a full on horror film.

The Blu-ray for the most part looks good but i'd still love to double dip this for a new 4K transfer.

A cracking double bill beginning to the weekend!

Demdike@Cult Labs 23rd October 2021 04:30 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Was The Return of Dracula another Youtube watch, Nordy?

I only ask because i have it as a lovely print as part of an MGM Midnite Movies double bill alongside The Vampire.

Nordicdusk 23rd October 2021 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 662093)
Was The Return of Dracula another Youtube watch, Nordy?

I only ask because i have it as a lovely print as part of an MGM Midnite Movies double bill alongside The Vampire.

Yes it was on Youtube again. Im sure the colour scene is not in that release :lol:

bleakshaun 23rd October 2021 06:29 PM

The Blair Witch Project

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...ch_Project.jpg

Only reason I chose to watch this was because I had a hard shift and was too exhausted to pick anything else. Luckily enough it is short which is what I was in the mood for. Still love it.

MrBarlow 23rd October 2021 07:15 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Braindead. 1992.

A woman who is over bearing to her only son, follows him and his new girl-friend to the zoo and is bitten by a Sumatran rat-monkey which causes her to die, only to be brought back as a zombie and starts infected the small town.

This is one of those movies you can watch over and over without being bored and still have a laugh at it, credited as being one of the bloodiest films ever made I bet Peter Jackson had fun making this. He was given a decent budget and practically created a tongue and cheek comedy horror and created a new weapon to kill the zombie, a lawnmower. The Make-up effects are brilliant and gave us a zombie baby from a nurse and a priest who kicks ass for the lord.

Attachment 237189

Justin101 23rd October 2021 08:18 PM

I kick arse for the lord!

Funny I was going to watch that tonight but I settled on something else.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 23rd October 2021 08:21 PM

DARK EYES OF LONDON

Classic Lugosi film with a creepy henchman.
Bela always a more menacing villain than he was a vampire.

NIGHT OF THE EAGLE
Or as the Yanks christened it,Burn Witch Burn.
Great little tale of witchcraft gone wrong.
Only prob with the blu ray is you can see the chord on the eagle's foot during the finale!:lol:

NIGHT OF THE DEMON
Another classic tale black magic and witchcraft.
And btw-it's a better film for seeing the demon......

A Black and White pattern here in anticipationof my Universal monsters arriving from America......

MrBarlow 23rd October 2021 09:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Bram Stoker's Dracula. 1992.

Centuries old Count Dracula travels to England to find his bride who he believes is the reincarnation of his young barrister's fiancee.

Bela Lugosi was creepy as Dracula, Christopher Lee was chilling, under Francis Ford Coppola's direction Gary Oldman was both and still able to give us a great character to the film and how he managed to go beyond and create his image for Dracula.

I'm still hesitant on Keanu Reeves trying to put on a somewhat aristocrat English accent , had to keep telling myself he isn't gonna say "Whoa or Dude", he is in a horror not a comedy. Anthony Hopkins role as Van Helsing is amazing as you can see how unorthodox and how unpredictable he can be and enjoys telling people in public how he destroyed Lucy.

The visual effects are decently done, with Jonathan in the coach and looking down the edge of the cliff is enough to give anyone vertigo, even the outside in the distance of Castle Dracula it's made to look like someone sat on a throne. The theme song by Annie Lennox i'm not quite sure whether to like or hate but Wojciech Kilar score is amazing and is able to blend in greatly with the film. Never realised how many times I have seen this Monica Bellucci was one of Dracula's Bride's.

Attachment 237190

I'll add this as well, Gary and Francis having a small argument :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-RYlXKle0M

Demdike@Cult Labs 23rd October 2021 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrBarlow (Post 662107)
Bram Stoker's Dracula. 1992.

Wojciech Kilar score is amazing and is able to blend in greatly with the film.

Best horror score ever as far as i'm concerned. I listened to the cd so much in the 90's.

MrBarlow 24th October 2021 12:10 AM

1 Attachment(s)
A Bay Of Blood. 1971.

After a countess dies in a apparent suicide, the motions of her death set of a chain of killings around a bay.

Give Mario Bava a idea and a budget and he can create a cinematic masterpiece, it has great acting, perfect setting and brilliant cinematography and his style of perfect killings. All the actors seem to be unlikable and can be a perfect drinking game, one of them dies take a shot of J&B. This is one film that peaks any slasher fan's interest from the start with the first killing right through to the finale twist at the end.

Attachment 237194

MrBarlow 24th October 2021 01:52 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Rawhead Rex. 1986.

A ancient creature is awakened and goes on a killing spree in a small Irish village.

I will admit this isn't perfect and looks daft, but this is still entertaining from the imagination from Clive Barker. David Dukes takes his family to a small Irish community and all hell breaks loose that his family is targeted and tries to put Rawhead Rex back to his grave. The kills are done off screen but we see the after effects, this looks like it was done on a low budget even with the costume dept of the creature.

Attachment 237195

Have a nice relaxing Sunday peeps

Justin101 24th October 2021 07:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 662114)
Best horror score ever as far as i'm concerned. I listened to the cd so much in the 90's.

I borrowed the CD from my library and copied it onto a tape, I listened to it all of the time it's an excellent score. I made up for my wrong doing later in life and bought my own copy of the CD. As well as the VHS, the DVD, 2 versions of the Blu-ray and now the 4k haha.

Justin101 24th October 2021 09:30 AM

Last three days worth, a trilogy of (almost) one word film titles!

Host (2020)

https://www.unilad.co.uk/cdn-cgi/ima...udder-Host.png

An ultra low budget British film made during the 1st lockdown (That's the one where we actually followed the rules) and recorded using Zoom, something that you'll be more familiar with now than ever before. Essentially 5 mates do a seance with a spirit guide and things go a bit wrong because one of the girls doesn't take it seriously. Not the ideal film to watch when you live alone, I scared the pants off myself :lol: Not sure that it has replay value but I'm glad I watched it once.

Pulse (1988)

https://i.gifer.com/Jt8E.gif

One of those 80's 'technology is bad' stories (if only they could see us now eh?) only this time it's a sentient pulse of electricity which can get into your home and try to kill you. It does this in some quite inventive set pieces. It's an OK movie, kept me entertained for the entire time but it's not 'great'. I'm keeping it in the collection for now though.

The Blob (1988)

https://moviesfilmsandflix.files.wor...kic4o2_500.gif

This film has no right being as good as it is! I am really surprised how entertaining, horrific and gory it is. It's one for the re-watch library for sure. Non-stop action and disgusting looking practical special effects, the Blob also doesn't have any issues with killing pre-teen kids either, nice one :lol:

Kevin Dillon's hair cut though... who'd have thought a curly mullet was a thing?? :rockon:

Nordicdusk 24th October 2021 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 662130)
Last three days worth, a trilogy of (almost) one word film titles!

Host (2020)

https://www.unilad.co.uk/cdn-cgi/ima...udder-Host.png

An ultra low budget British film made during the 1st lockdown (That's the one where we actually followed the rules) and recorded using Zoom, something that you'll be more familiar with now than ever before. Essentially 5 mates do a seance with a spirit guide and things go a bit wrong because one of the girls doesn't take it seriously. Not the ideal film to watch when you live alone, I scared the pants off myself :lol: Not sure that it has replay value but I'm glad I watched it once.

Pulse (1988)

https://i.gifer.com/Jt8E.gif

One of those 80's 'technology is bad' stories (if only they could see us now eh?) only this time it's a sentient pulse of electricity which can get into your home and try to kill you. It does this in some quite inventive set pieces. It's an OK movie, kept me entertained for the entire time but it's not 'great'. I'm keeping it in the collection for now though.

The Blob (1988)

https://moviesfilmsandflix.files.wor...kic4o2_500.gif

This film has no right being as good as it is! I am really surprised how entertaining, horrific and gory it is. It's one for the re-watch library for sure. Non-stop action and disgusting looking practical special effects, the Blob also doesn't have any issues with killing pre-teen kids either, nice one :lol:

Kevin Dillon's hair cut though... who'd have thought a curly mullet was a thing?? :rockon:

Kevin Dillion's hair is a work of art brings a tear to my eye its so beautiful :lol:

I watched Host last October for the most part it was ok but a few things happened that ruined it i cant remember what they were off the top of my head but i remember it getting worse towards the end. Not one id watch again either.

Justin101 24th October 2021 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nordicdusk (Post 662131)
Kevin Dillion's hair is a work of art brings a tear to my eye its so beautiful [emoji38]

I watched Host last October for the most part it was ok but a few things happened that ruined it i cant remember what they were off the top of my head but i remember it getting worse towards the end. Not one id watch again either.

Basically the whole last 10 minutes after the guy comes back on camera and then the girl goes around to her friends flat, but it does build good tension I think, and it's admirable that they made it all online.