Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Horror Chat (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=557)
-   -   October Horror Movie Marathon (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-horror-chat/12632-october-horror-movie-marathon.html)

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 8th September 2015 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 461533)
This does sound interesting. In fact it sounds just like Trick r' Treat. Thanks for the heads up.

Edit. - Is it a cinema release? There's no disc available.

It'll only be released this year - on Oct 30th I think (that may be US only though). I'm hopeful we'll see a disc in time for next Halloween! ;)

Demdike@Cult Labs 8th September 2015 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 461536)
It'll only be released this year - on Oct 30th I think (that may be US only though). I'm hopeful we'll see a disc in time for next Halloween! ;)

Yeah just had a look October 16th it goes on wide release Stateside. The problem is if it does well we won't get to see it so i bet it gets a cinema release here in 2016.

If it doesn't do well they'll just shove it onto dvd for us next year like you say.

SharonLynette 8th September 2015 10:04 PM

I very much enjoyed Murder Party. One of the few modern horrors I've liked, actually they do tend to sway on the dark comedy side.

Blooming hell does rating things high priority work for you? I must be a bit odd with my tastes as they never send the things I really want. Then they stop sending me TV shows mid series. :grumble:

SharonLynette 8th September 2015 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SharonLynette (Post 461541)
I very much enjoyed Murder Party. One of the few modern horrors I've liked, actually they do tend to sway on the dark comedy side.

Blooming hell does rating things high priority work for you? I must be a bit odd with my tastes as they never send the things I really want. Then they stop sending me TV shows mid series. :grumble:

My phone is being very weird, it was still showing that this hadn't been posted!

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 15th September 2015 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SharonLynette (Post 461542)
My phone is being very weird, it was still showing that this hadn't been posted!

It must have been imbibing the spooky vibe. ;)

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 15th September 2015 09:58 PM

Love Film has just dispatched All Hallows' Eve and Dr. Blood's Coffin, so it looks as if my horror-ish viewing will be starting early this year! :)

Vampix 16th September 2015 10:34 AM

I usually try to watch Halloween (1978) and Creepshow over the Halloween period.

Demdike@Cult Labs 16th September 2015 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vampix (Post 461999)
I usually try to watch Halloween (1978) and Creepshow over the Halloween period.

That's quite a marathon Vampix. :nod: :lol: ;)

Nordicdusk 21st September 2015 08:47 AM

Made a list of 50 films for October watch the bulk in the lead up and what ever is left over on Halloween day/night mostly all favourites there are a few I have not seen before I'm going to keep those to kick of the 31st and end the day with some classics

Gold6082 21st September 2015 10:49 AM

I usually have a huge marathon starting 2-3 days before Halloween and ending 2-3 days after. Including all nighters when it falls on a weekend.

I usually have theme Marathons.... this year I plan on the below which are my fav sub-genres I often go to

28th Oct Zombie Night

Burial Ground
Zombie Flesh Eaters
Living Dead at Manchester Morgue
Day of the Dead (1985)
The Children (1980)
City of The Living Dead

:megachainsaw::zombie::zombie:

29th Oct Psychos on The Road Night

The Hitcher (1986)
Road Games
Breakdown
Jeepers Creepers
Wolf Creek
Wolf Creek 2

:car::rant:

30th Oct Evil Kid Night

Orphan
Case 39
Whispers
Fragile
The Omen (original)
mikey

:mob:

31st Oct - Halloween & Traditional Horror Night

Halloween & Halloween II (originals)
The Thing (1982)
Hellraiser & Hellraiser II (originals)
Poltergeist III
Trick R Treat
All Hallows Eve
A Nightmare on elm Street III & IV

:pumpkin::witchbrew::devilbanana:

1st Nov - Serial Killer/Slasher Night

Eyes of a Stranger
The Prowler
My Bloody Valentine (original 80's uncut lionsgate blu)
Curtains
Intruder
Found
Pieces

:chainsawkill:

2nd Nov -The Best of British

Witchfinder General
The Aspyhx
Repulsion
Inbred
The Wicker Man
The Black Torment

:broomstick:

3rd Nov - Best of the Rest

Rabid
Videodrome
The Beyond
Tenebre
Braindead (1992)
Sole Survivor
Headhunter
Alone in the Dark.

:candle:

and that's this years plan although some slight changes may come into effect nearer the time depending on mood. :ilovecultlabs: