Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Horror Chat (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=557)
-   -   October Horror Movie Marathon (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-horror-chat/12632-october-horror-movie-marathon.html)

Nordicdusk 28th October 2016 03:53 PM

So i failed in my own challenge to watch and review 31 horror film i have not seen. Rusty was not well during the week so i just had no interest in watching any films. Sorry and thanks for all the likes of the reviews i managed to get in. Don't really have time to watch 12 films this weekend.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 28th October 2016 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nordicdusk (Post 509701)
So i failed in my own challenge to watch and review 31 horror film i have not seen. Rusty was not well during the week so i just had no interest in watching any films. Sorry and thanks for all the likes of the reviews i managed to get in. Don't really have time to watch 12 films this weekend.

Sorry to hear about Rusty, Nord. Hopefully he's better now and you can watch a few horror films together. :werewolf:

Nordicdusk 28th October 2016 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 509725)
Sorry to hear about Rusty, Nord. Hopefully he's better now and you can watch a few horror films together. :werewolf:

Cheers B_E hopefully he will be ok for Halloweens classic marathon. :woot:

MuckyFunster 28th October 2016 05:22 PM

Film #9

"Hellraiser"

I bought the Arrow trilogy set recently from Sainsbury's, £20. I'd never seen the films but the posters are infamous and I remember my dad having the film on VHS when I was younger, and me looking at the posted art and being intrigued/terrified by the look of Pinhead. I really enjoyed the film, but it wasn't what I was expecting it to be. The notoriety of Pinhead had me expecting the film to be about him, but obviously for those that have seen it, the role of main character is a toss up between Frank, Julia, and Kelly. The film and the effects and make up really are top rate. I watched the Leviathan documentary afterwards and it made me appreciate the film all the more. Thank jeebus Larry said "Jesus wept" instead of the scripted "**** you!" That one line changed the entire tone and depth of his character. Amazing film and it's really stayed with me for days, milling the scenes over and over in my mind.

10/10

Film #11

"The Purge : Anarchy"

I enjoyed this a lot more than the first instalment. And I really liked that one too. Can you imagine that the Purge was a real thing?! All these daft characters cutting about going to the shops like "hey, we'd better get up the road, the Purge starts in 5 minutes". Hell bloody mend them! I wouldn't leave the house all that week beforehand. I'd be boarding shit up and polishing my guns!

7/10

Film #11

"Hellraiser" - AGAIN

I took this one in again last night for the @Arrowvideo tweet-a-long. That's the first time I've taken part in one and I couldn't keep up with the tweets. They were coming thick and fast and I struggled to multi-task watching the film and tapping away on my phone. I got a few likes and a few LOLs from Nicholas Vince though, so that was pretty cool :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MuckyFunster 28th October 2016 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MuckyFunster (Post 509728)
Thank jeebus Larry said "Jesus wept" instead of the scripted "**** you!" T

I've been censored!!

:-O

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 28th October 2016 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nordicdusk (Post 509701)

Sorry to hear about Rusty's ill-health. I hope he recovers quickly and you are able to play catch up in the next fortnight.

Demdike@Cult Labs 28th October 2016 06:03 PM

A couple of quickies i've reviewed in the past.

Hell Night (1981)

Linda Blair looks quite pretty in this generic fraternity slasher set in in old manor house. At 101 minutes it's far too long and very little happens until the discovery of a madman running loose towards the end. Still, there's plenty of moody old dark house wanderings from Linda in her fancy dress costume which gives it a distinctly Gothic flavor.

Halloween: The Curse of Michael Myers (1995)

The fifth film in the saga of Michael Myers. Take away the needless and daft occult opening scenes, well, no take away all the occult scenes and what's left is pretty similar to what's gone before it. Michael returns to Haddonfield on Halloween night to slaughter anyone connected with his family name.

The film features one or two interesting kills (Michael seems to have learned how to use farm machinery at some point, no wonder Loomis is worried every time he escapes from the madhouse) and serves as a farewell to the great Donald Pleasence.

Honestly it's not really as bad as people make out.

trebor8273 28th October 2016 06:34 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Tonights first viewing but in half a mind to save until halloween

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 28th October 2016 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 509750)
Tonights first viewing but in half a mind to save until halloween

Do both. I have watched it on its own and with the commentary, and intend to watch it again this month.

Demdike@Cult Labs 28th October 2016 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 509752)
Do both. I have watched it on its own and with the commentary, and intend to watch it again this month.

I think that will be tonight's viewing for me too.