Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Horror Chat (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=557)
-   -   October Horror Movie Marathon (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-horror-chat/12632-october-horror-movie-marathon.html)

Make Them Die Slowly 2nd October 2017 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nosferatu42 (Post 552803)
I really like Waxwork, probably 8/10 for me.
I just think it's stupidly entertaining.:ghostclap:

I read that as entertaining the stupid. My bad.:devilbanana:

Demdike@Cult Labs 2nd October 2017 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly (Post 552809)
I read that as entertaining the stupid. My bad.:devilbanana:

Don't you mean 'Special audience'?

trebor8273 3rd October 2017 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nordicdusk (Post 552794)
No.3

Attachment 197194

A strange mysterious wax museum shows up in town out of the blue. Two friends are passing when the owner appears out of nowhere to invite them and their friends to a private midnight show. Cautiously they all agree to go check it but before the even get inside the door the three couples become two when one bottles it and runs. Once inside they are greeted by a freaky looking butler and an angry midget. Once they get inside the exhibit things get even stranger when they individually approach an exhibit they are transported inside the scene on show and have to live through it.

Not a bad films it's a bit of fun with some great gore effects that i loved. The other plus point was the variety of old school monsters Vampires Werewolf and Zombies etc. Overall it's a bit of fun and an improvement on the first two films so far this month.

5/10

watched this last night and have to agree with nosferatu42 its a solid 8/10 for me, heads above the usual 80s comedy horrors with some great effects and characters

Justin101 3rd October 2017 09:42 AM

#2 Death Line

https://theonlyfinalgirl.files.wordp...4/donald-p.jpg

"...Teabags?"
Donald Pleasance absolutely steal the show as Inspector Calhoun, the cranky copper with a penchant for loose tea and pub lock-ins. I loved seeing Clive Swift as an underground railway expert too!

Demdike@Cult Labs 3rd October 2017 02:32 PM

2 Attachment(s)
October 2nd

The Mummy's Tomb (1942)

A high priest travels to America with the living mummy Kharis (Lon Chaney Jr) to kill all those who had desecrated the tomb of the Egyptian princess Ananka thirty years earlier.

The third Universal Mummy film and sequel to The Mummy's Hand. Universal horror films always have a lovely Gothic atmosphere to them yet in a way these Mummy films are all so similar in style and story line (Karloff original aside) that if you enjoy one then chances are you'll like them all.

Witchfinder General (1968)

Possibly the most downbeat film of British horror's renaissance (1954-75), Michael Reeves third and final offering plays out more like a western than a typical horror film, as the director coaxes possibly the best performance of Vincent Price's career as the decidedly non-camp Mathew Hopkins, self styled Witchfinder General.

Everyone will have their own views on the film but i always notice the performance of Ian Ogilvy as the film reaches it's horrific climax. Ogilvy goes from dashing Lieutenant in Cromwell's army to enraged animal in the final scene as he hacks at Hopkins with an axe as his screaming wife writhes in agony on the rack. The look in his eyes is of pure primal rage when Nicky Henson puts Hopkins out of his misery with a bullet as Ogilvy screams 'You took him from me'. It really sums up what superb film Witchfinder General truly is.

trebor8273 3rd October 2017 05:34 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bt1K7L2NGs

low budget 80s creature feature about some strange scaly creatures that are released when an abandoned mine is blasted open, setting the beasties free to go on a killing spree, slow paced with not a lot happening until the last 30 minutes or so, most of the characters i find a little bland and unlikable apart from the dog who was by far the most interesting 6.5/10

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbdebLeSOr8

highly enjoyable and funny 80s comedy horror with some great effects/creatures and characters, the disc also has a very interesting mult part documentary and making off which i will try to watch later this week. 8/10

was going to watch piranha and either the red queen kills seven times or the night evelyn came out of the grave but cant decide which.

bleakshaun 3rd October 2017 05:46 PM

Going to watch Killer Workout tonight

Sent from my MediaPad T1 8.0 Pro using Tapatalk

bleakshaun 3rd October 2017 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bleakshaun (Post 552916)
Going to watch Killer Workout tonight

Killer Workout
A woman listens to her voicemails and finds out that she has a modelling job, she goes for a tan and the tanbed goes alight burning her. 5 years later and we're at a fitness gym where people are getting killed of by someone with a slightly large (I wish I was making this up) safety pin.
To be honest it is a film of 2 halves: the first is an average slasher film with a great concept of murders in the gym, the second is a montage of aerobics which must have inspired the music video for Eric Prydz Call on me.
6/10 just for aerobics scenes

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 3rd October 2017 07:45 PM

ALL CHEERLEADERS DIE – a strange and very interesting entry in the 'comedy horror' genre, which is quite light on the comedy but plays with the tropes within high school films, horror films and demonic films to create a blend of all of them which shouldn't work, but does. It's one of the few horror films I can think of with an openly gay main character who is both serious and sympathetic.

FLESH FOR THE BEAST – not sure whether it was because I was in a bad mood because the disc I have is not anamorphic, as it's supposed to be, so the picture is squashed into a 4:3 frame, or because the acting is appallingly amateurish, but this is plain bad, and not even in a good way.

ADDAMS FAMILY VALUES – this follow-up to The Addams Family, made two years earlier, sees the children sent off to summer camp because they keep unintentionally threatening the life of their new brother (they don't want to kill him – they just want to play with him), whilst Fester's life is endangered by a woman who intends to marry him and then kill him, inheriting his money. I don't think it's as good as the first film, but it is probably as much fun, and all the better for having not seen it in a couple of decades.

GET OUT – when a young black man travels to the country to visit his (white) girlfriend's family, he is slightly bemused by how openly accepting they are of the interracial relationship and how progressive her parents are, with the father as a huge Obama fan and even all their elderly friends slightly creepily in favour of black culture, sportsmen and physical abilities. Perhaps the most worrying thing is the only other black person there is someone his age, but who dresses and acts like someone 50 years older. I won't say any more so not to spoil it, but I thought it was compelling viewing and is highly recommended.

FRANKENSTEIN – the first big-screen adaptation of Mary Shelley's timeless novel is a masterpiece of horror with great set decoration, a concise, but comprehensive story and some truly great performances, particularly Boris Karloff (and Jack Pierce's make-up) stealing the show.

Inspector Abberline 3rd October 2017 09:15 PM

Piranha 3DD (2012)

1 Attachment(s)
Large breasted sexy fish attack scaly teenagers...if exploding cows and dick eating fish coming out of ladies front bottoms is your thing then look no further. IN its defence its beautifully shot and the piranha are quite cute...
TITS & BLOOD 10 out 10.

The Hoff.."once these idiots get out of the water it's not like the fish are gonna follow them home"...

Attachment 197231