Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Horror Chat (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=557)
-   -   October Horror Movie Marathon (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-horror-chat/12632-october-horror-movie-marathon.html)

Nordicdusk 1st October 2015 09:34 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 170708

Going to go with something i have not seen before tonight. I know nothing about this i have not even read the back of the case.

Demdike@Cult Labs 1st October 2015 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nordicdusk (Post 463259)
Attachment 170708

Going to go with something i have not seen before tonight. I know nothing about this i have not even read the back of the case.

I'm interested to know what you think as i've not seen it either.

Nordicdusk 1st October 2015 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 463261)
I'm interested to know what you think as i've not seen it either.

Ill do a review as soon as im finished.

platostotal 1st October 2015 10:36 PM

Sinister is part of the newer horror moving away from torture-porn and back to a more 'fear what's in the dark' vibe, I thought it along with Insidious were very good indeed. (builds to a better climax than Insidious too)

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 2nd October 2015 06:53 AM

A long overdue revisit to Peter Jackson's The Frighteners kicked off my October viewing. It's one I recall enjoying somewhat but a fair chunk of it was no more than a hazy 'half-remembrance' and subsequently I'd been wanting to revisit it for a while.

I must have been in the right kind of mood as I really enjoyed revisiting it and something I'd previously considered 'okay' I rather quite liked on a re-watch... I may even buy it at some point.

This is a stark comparison to another film I revisited a couple of nights ago: Child's Play. I just can't grasp the appeal of these films. I've always quite liked the dark magic/voodoo aspect, but find Chucky a laughable 'villain'. It also doesn't help that the kid and his mother are pretty annoying, whining and shrieking their way through most of the running time. The re-watch brought all of my buried disdain back to the surface and I can't see me wanting to re-visit another Chucky film (or watching the newest instalment either) anytime soon.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 2nd October 2015 06:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 463261)
I'm interested to know what you think as i've not seen it either.

Me either.

Nordicdusk 2nd October 2015 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 463303)
A long overdue revisit to Peter Jackson's The Frighteners kicked off my October viewing. It's one I recall enjoying somewhat but a fair chunk of it was no more than a hazy 'half-remembrance' and subsequently I'd been wanting to revisit it for a while.

I must have been in the right kind of mood as I really enjoyed revisiting it and something I'd previously considered 'okay' I rather quite liked on a re-watch... I may even buy it at some point.

This is a stark comparison to another film I revisited a couple of nights ago: Child's Play. I just can't grasp the appeal of these films. I've always quite liked the dark magic/voodoo aspect, but find Chucky a laughable 'villain'. It also doesn't help that the kid and his mother are pretty annoying, whining and shrieking their way through most of the running time. The re-watch brought all of my buried disdain back to the surface and I can't see me wanting to re-visit another Chucky film (or watching the newest instalment either) anytime soon.

I have Child's Play on my list for October I have not seen if in many years always interesting to see if you remember things correctly or do we have a rose tinted view. I might watch it over the weekend and see how I feel about it.

As for Sinister I fell asleep watching it last night don't think it's a reflection on the film I was just tired I'll finish watching it after work so far it's interesting.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 2nd October 2015 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nordicdusk (Post 463305)
I have Child's Play on my list for October I have not seen if in many years always interesting to see if you remember things correctly or do we have a rose tinted view. I might watch it over the weekend and see how I feel about it.

My view of those films tend to be more 'shit-tinted'. ;)

In my defense, I gave the original another chance but I think it's best if Chucky and his pals were put back in their boxes and sent to landfill for the foreseeable future. :D

Demdike@Cult Labs 2nd October 2015 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 463309)
My view of those films tend to be more 'shit-tinted'. ;)

In my defense, I gave the original another chance but I think it's best if Chucky and his pals were put back in their boxes and sent to landfill for the foreseeable future. :D

I thought the recent one, Curse of Chucky was excellent. It seemed a more serious affair and went down a Gothic horror route at times.

trebor8273 2nd October 2015 06:34 PM

October Horror Movie Marathon
 
2 Attachment(s)
October marathon kicked off last night with

Attachment 170727

Tonight's film will be. Attachment 170728

One of my favourite carpenter movies, that oozes a chilling atmosphere. Will be watching the first 3 Halloween films this month as I hav the last couple of years,

Halloween 3 on the 30th
Halloween on the 31st
Halloween 2 on the 1st of November


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:38 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
Copyright © 2014 Cult Laboratories Ltd. All rights reserved.