Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Horror Chat (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=557)
-   -   October Horror Movie Marathon (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-horror-chat/12632-october-horror-movie-marathon.html)

Prince_Vajda 4th October 2017 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 552879)
October 2nd
Witchfinder General (1968)

Possibly the most downbeat film of British horror's renaissance (1954-75), Michael Reeves third and final offering plays out more like a western than a typical horror film, as the director coaxes possibly the best performance of Vincent Price's career as the decidedly non-camp Mathew Hopkins, self styled Witchfinder General.

Everyone will have their own views on the film but i always notice the performance of Ian Ogilvy as the film reaches it's horrific climax. Ogilvy goes from dashing Lieutenant in Cromwell's army to enraged animal in the final scene as he hacks at Hopkins with an axe as his screaming wife writhes in agony on the rack. The look in his eyes is of pure primal rage when Nicky Henson puts Hopkins out of his misery with a bullet as Ogilvy screams 'You took him from me'. It really sums up what superb film Witchfinder General truly is.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 552973)
October 3rd.

Gothic (1986)

Ken Russell's nightmarish film of the creation of a Gothic literary classic - Frankenstein. Set at Lord Byron's mansion on the shores of Lake Geneva, Gothic is a wildly imaginative, drug induced tale of wanton excess. Full of hallucinatory scenes of eroticism and horror many of which are taken from classic Gothic literature. The small cast of Gabriel Byrne, Julian Sands, Natasha Richardson, Myriam Cyr and Timothy Spall have a riot as Russell thrusts them down the dark path of their nightmares. There's so much going on here and the film is such a visual treat it's hard to take it all in in one sitting and the film improves no end with subsequent viewings.

I totally agree. Two of my favourite films of all time.
:clap: :nod:

Inspector Abberline 4th October 2017 08:20 PM

the nest

1 Attachment(s)
Evil coporation Intec are genetically engineering cockroaches that are immune to normal bug sprays...why can't they work on nice things like never ending bowls of ice cream or cockroaches for the blind.Instead we get canivorous roaches that can eat and mutate anything that gets in there way.Old school 80's bug movie with some great gory moments that brought back the inner Fangoria nerd boy in me....

Attachment 197254

bleakshaun 4th October 2017 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inspector Abberline (Post 553047)
Evil coporation Intec are genetically engineering cockroaches that are immune to normal bug sprays...why can't they work on nice things like never ending bowls of ice cream or cockroaches for the blind.Instead we get canivorous roaches that can eat and mutate anything that gets in there way.Old school 80's bug movie with some great gory moments that brought back the inner Fangoria nerd boy in me....

Attachment 197254

Loving the poster

Sent from my MediaPad T1 8.0 Pro using Tapatalk

Inspector Abberline 4th October 2017 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bleakshaun (Post 553048)
Loving the poster

unfortunately there is no human, insect copulation scene in the film....

bleakshaun 4th October 2017 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inspector Abberline (Post 553049)

Damn

Make Them Die Slowly 4th October 2017 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inspector Abberline (Post 553049)

Try Naked Lunch.

Inspector Abberline 4th October 2017 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly (Post 553056)
Try Naked Lunch.

is that a suggestion or a film recommendation...surely the crumbs would get in the cracks...:pumpkin:

Nordicdusk 4th October 2017 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inspector Abberline (Post 553047)

Attachment 197254

Absolutely love The Nest so much fun.

Make Them Die Slowly 4th October 2017 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inspector Abberline (Post 553057)
is that a suggestion or a film recommendation...surely the crumbs would get in the cracks...:pumpkin:

Only if you are using your arse as a table.

Inspector Abberline 4th October 2017 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nordicdusk (Post 553059)
Absolutely love The Nest so much fun.

there's a great line where the waitress shouts at the cook when he's throwing out the rubbish "don't play with garbage your not a raccoon"...

And Robert Lansing turning into a giant bug only to get his head blown off..