Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Horror Chat (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=557)
-   -   October Horror Movie Marathon (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-horror-chat/12632-october-horror-movie-marathon.html)

trebor8273 15th October 2017 01:55 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgdxIlSuB70

Like Justin went into this with low expectations, know it was highly rated on here but people also raved about it follows and the barbadook both which I found to be awful, but not this we have beautifully shot , well acted and tense film, which looks very nice in 4k, did a little comparison and I could see more detail and the colours were more bold and vivid of course part of this is down too HDR and if your TV doesn't support it I don't think it will look as nice, but will still be an upgrade on the standard blu ray. 9/10

Nordicdusk 15th October 2017 02:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 197724

A deaf female writer living alone in a cabin in the woods is trapped in her home and terrorised by a lone killer who has already murdered her friend and close neighbour.

Hush starts out really interesting with the whole idea of a vulnerable woman alone in the woods with no way to contact anyone for help of course the power is gone and the killer has her phone obviously :rolleyes: all that and the added fact that she is deaf making it harder to know if he is trying to break in or where he could be if he is out of sight. But a promising start soon just starts to drag along a bit giving the potential victim every opportunity to escape of fight back. My problem is he finished off his first kill straight away a little chase but then bam done but for some reason he keeps hesitating here not even toying with her just pointlessly delaying her cabin is like a glass house he could just break a window and hes in and she would have no idea. The stupidity of the attacker just took me out of the film and i just wanted it over and done with. So much potential to make a really creepy intense film wasted with stupid decision making.

5/10

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 15th October 2017 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 554506)
did a little comparison and I could see more detail and the colours were more bold and vivid of course part of this is down too HDR and if your TV doesn't support it I don't think it will look as nice, but will still be an upgrade on the standard blu ray. 9/10

Thanks for the information. As I don't own The Shallows on any format, I will probably bypass DVD and standard Blu-ray to buy the Ultra HD release.

As someone who really likes both It Follows and The Babadook, I thought this was excellent, showing I have very eclectic tastes in films generally and within the horror genre.

trebor8273 15th October 2017 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 554511)
Thanks for the information. As I don't own The Shallows on any format, I will probably bypass DVD and standard Blu-ray to buy the Ultra HD release.

As someone who really likes both It Follows and The Babadook, I thought this was excellent, showing I have very eclectic tastes in films generally and within the horror genre.

I was a bit hard on it follows it was ok but that was it, Babadook was terrible

Nordicdusk 15th October 2017 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 554512)
I was a bit hard on it follows it was ok but that was it, Babadook was terrible

Agree with The Babadook i couldn't stand it loved It Follows but The Shallows was good up until a certain point and it just got stupid from about half way through to the end :skull:

Demdike@Cult Labs 15th October 2017 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nordicdusk (Post 554514)
Agree with The Babadook i couldn't stand it loved It Follows but The Shallows was good up until a certain point and it just got stupid from about half way through to the end :skull:

You raved about Deathgazm though.

I couldn't believe how run of the mill that was. :skull:

Nordicdusk 15th October 2017 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 554516)
You raved about Deathgazm though.

I couldn't believe how run of the mill that was. :skull:

I didnt see it that way.

Demdike@Cult Labs 15th October 2017 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nordicdusk (Post 554518)
I didnt see it that way.

I think you were swayed by the power of death metal.

Nordicdusk 15th October 2017 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 554519)
I think you were swayed by the power of death metal.

Maybe if the shark had a battle jacket on i would of loved The Shallows.

Nordicdusk 15th October 2017 03:41 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 197788

Driving across the country getting into minor fender benders with young woman to get their phone numbers and addresses so he can terrorise them in their homes. There is no motive just someone who enjoys driving and murdering i guess :skull:

Its pretty decent slasher with a few flaws mainly the acting is pretty weak and the first crash scene is one of the most awkward things i have seen in a long time :skull: When the killer eventually shows up at the house there is no real feeling of panic from the occupants and in one of the chase scenes the girl is actually running in slow motion not a slow motion scene but real time slow motion and she throws a lamp on the floor right in plain view and he still falls over it :skull:. As you can see in the poster the killer is masked which is pretty pointless when he see his face in plain view when he crashes into Hilarys car granted his is wearing sunglasses he's not Clark Kent or anything.

With its flaws i still found it entertaining especially the ending my kind of ending. One more thing of note i really likes the soundtrack.

6/10