Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Horror Chat (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=557)
-   -   October Horror Movie Marathon (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-horror-chat/12632-october-horror-movie-marathon.html)

bleakshaun 29th October 2018 07:28 PM

Puppet Master 5
A week after the events of the previous movie, the nerd gets arrested fro murder, but after explaining to his new boss the truth is let go. His boss plans to steal the puppets and so does the demon sutekh.
It takes a bit of time to get there, and the first half kinda draws itself out a bit, but the second half picks up, also a nice appearance from Ian Ogilvy.

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk

nosferatu42 30th October 2018 01:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crimson Blade (Post 591519)
Witchfinder General(1968).

But one thing that made me laugh in the film was when the accused witches get lowered into the river and if they drown they were innocent or guilty if they float and then get hanged. Either way, though they were doomed. :lol: 8.5/10.

This was apparently one of the ways to recognise a witch, i always thought this kind of sums up the witch trials, either way you are screwed, once you we're you singled out you we're pretty much dead.

Ducking stools n' all that.:brainfood:

You wouldn't laugh if you were the accused.:boil:

bleakshaun 30th October 2018 08:28 AM

The Hills Have Eyes
A suburban family going to california take a detour to find a silver mine only to crash, stuck out in the desert, they are ambushed by psychotic hillbillies who kill, rape and then kidnap their baby.
Wes Cravens seminal shocker is still rather brutal a movie, its also for me a relatively downbeat film with a pretty bleak ending.
One I ain't watched in years and still a fave.

Paul Zombie 30th October 2018 01:09 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Cat O nine Tails.

Franco Arno(Karl Malden) is a retired reporter chap who is blind and enjoys puzzles and lives with his orphan niece Lori(Cinzia de Carolis, who grew up to be a naughty girl in Cannibal Apocalypse) :lol: and find their lives in danger when they get drawn into a murder investigation at the Terzi institute together with reporter James Franciscus.

The second giallo from Italy's best director Dario argento. and although not his best work and gets bogged down a little at times, it is still a top notch mystery and very entertaining with some great suspenseful scenes like those set in the crypt of the cemetery and the roof of the Terzi institute, and miles better than anything he did after Sleepless.
Probably a little light on violence for some tastes but the murders when they do come are very well done, especially the poor chap who gets pushed under the train. :scared:

and the acting as well is also a lot better than usual too, especially Karl Malden. and Catherine Spaak adding the glamour with her big hair and sexy outfits, who enjoys speeding through the streets of Italy.

And as usual, Argento throws in a bit of comedy with oddballs like the funny safe cracker chap Gigi the loser, who you see taking part in a insult competition. :laugh:

very good indeed, with fantastic score by Ennio Morricone. and my second favorite out of the animal trilogy. 83 out of 100.

Demoncrat 30th October 2018 05:11 PM

House Of Mortal Sin (1975, Pete Walker)

Brutal and bleak in the best British tradition :skull:. Susan Penhaligon and Stephanie Beacham stay in the same flat? It must be the 70s then ....
The instantly recognisible Anthony Sharp is Father Meldrum, a rather strict Catholic priest with an unique take on 'shepherding his flock' .... nice Norman Eshley bobs about in the background. Probably my second favourite Walker film.

Crimson Blade 30th October 2018 06:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Demons 2(1986).

Inferior to the first film, but still fun and watchable. A young girl named Sally is having a birthday party and is watching a documentary about demons on TV, and one of the creatures comes out the TV and turns her into a demon as well. This then leads to the contagion spreading throughout the apartment block.

Lamberto Bava's follow up to the classic Demons lacks the atmosphere and style of the original and has a much inferior soundtrack too. But it moves along at a good pace and is never boring, with hilarious scenes set in a gym with the guy who played the pimp in the first film, and also the demon child and funny looking gremlin one that attack a pregnant woman. Oh, and not forgetting the demon dog. :laugh:

All in all, good cheesy entertainment. And with a small role for Dario Argento's daughter, Asia. 7/10.

MrBarlow 30th October 2018 06:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Lake Placid 1999.

A sheriff, game warden, a paleontoligist and a croc expert, investigate a suspected killing by a crocodile in a Maine lake.

i forgot how good and funny this movie was, this has good acting from Brendan Gleeson, Bill Pullman, Bridget Fonda and Oliver Platt, and the not so sweet old lady Betty white. It does have a mixture of comedy, thriller/suspense, horror and kills. The Film is a bit like Jaws meets Jurassic Park but with more sarcasm ping pong and how a old lady should tell a guy where to suck. 7 out of 10.

Demoncrat 30th October 2018 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crimson Blade (Post 591570)
Demons 2(1986).

Inferior to the first film, but still fun and watchable. A young girl named Sally is having a birthday party and is watching a documentary about demons on TV, and one of the creatures comes out the TV and turns her into a demon as well. This then leads to the contagion spreading throughout the apartment block.

Lamberto Bava's follow up to the classic Demons lacks the atmosphere and style of the original and has a much inferior soundtrack too. But it moves along at a good pace and is never boring, with hilarious scenes set in a gym with the guy who played the pimp in the first film, and also the demon child and funny looking gremlin one that attack a pregnant woman. Oh, and not forgetting the demon dog. :laugh:

All in all, good cheesy entertainment. And with a small role for Dario Argento's daughter, Asia. 7/10.

Bobby Rhodes :ghostclap:. The bits where they are dancing ... and The Smirhs are on :skull:... priceless

bleakshaun 30th October 2018 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demoncrat (Post 591580)
Bobby Rhodes :ghostclap:. The bits where they are dancing ... and The Smirhs are on :skull:... priceless

Doesn't The Cult's Rain play during the transformation scene

Demoncrat 30th October 2018 08:28 PM

Indeed it does :skull:. Rewatch :skull: