Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Horror Chat (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=557)
-   -   October Horror Movie Marathon (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-horror-chat/12632-october-horror-movie-marathon.html)

bleakshaun 1st October 2019 03:19 PM

So starting off today with House on Haunted Hill and it's sequel

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk

bleakshaun 1st October 2019 04:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
House on Haunted Hill
An amusement Park owner decides to throw a party for his estranged wife and 6 other guests in an infamous asylum, he offers the guests $1000000 if they survive the night.
A remake of the classic William Castle movie, it changes it up enough to be a different film altogether. Geoffrey Rush is by far the best character in the whole film.
Attachment 219512

bleakshaun 1st October 2019 06:15 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Return to House on Haunted Hill
A magazine writer discovers her sister (one of the survivors of the house) is dead and unravels a conspiracy about a Baphomet statue inside the house which is the cause of all the evil.
I went into this with high expectations, don't because it was disappointing. Jeffrey Combs is back as the ghost doctor and you see a lot more of him. But the plot is stupid.
Attachment 219514

trebor8273 1st October 2019 06:28 PM

A teacher ( Christopher Walken) has a car crash and wakes up five years later , his fiancee married to another man and the ability of being able to see the future when he touches certain people . When Johnny meets a ruthless senator ( played by Martin Sheen) he has to take matters into his own hands to make sure he doesn't get into power. A amazing central performance from Walken. 8.5/10

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKZz8Gy5ceU

Next up Dagon.

Rik 1st October 2019 06:29 PM

I’m starting mine off with everyone’s favourite, Rob Zombie’s Halloween :pumpkin::pumpkin::pumpkin:

Justin101 1st October 2019 06:54 PM

I Was A Teenage Werewolf (1957)

BONUS FILM

https://i.ibb.co/BzQPCpq/I-Was-a-Tee...olf-1957-4.jpg

Part juvenile delinquent melodrama part monster movie!
It actually reminded me of an HG Lewis movie but much more competently made!

Tony is a teenager with a short temper, this guy flies off the handle at the slightest thing, after punching out the host of a Halloween party and pushing his long suffering girlfriend to the ground he finally agrees to go and see a psychiatrist. Little does he know that the shrink has been looking for an aggressive teenager for his experiment to create a werewolf with a special serum he created and some hypnosis...

A film that isn’t as great as its reputation but it is fun and has a wacko plot! There are no DVDs of this one but it’s on YouTube and it’s worth a watch. There is also a Mystery Science Theatre 3000 version on YouTube as well but I watched the original film this time.

Heisenberg 1st October 2019 06:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Waiting for my takeaway to arrive and will start the month with Christine. A film i've not seen in over 20 years. Not actually compiled a list but will update as and when. Can see me revisiting at least one Friday the 13th and Nightmare on Elm Street as well (may just roll a dice for which ones)
May have to re-subscribe to Shudder to watch Creepshow as well - that could be the one for the 31st.

Nordicdusk 1st October 2019 07:04 PM

Its officially the best month of the year let's get this Motherf***ing party started.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChlW283_33s

MrBarlow 1st October 2019 07:48 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Rabid 1977.

After surviving a bike crash, Rose goes under a experimental plastic surgery which turns her into a rabies carrier and infects those around her till martial law is declared.

From the mind of David Cronenberg this is a take on the vampire/zombie genre with an extra kick of rabies mixed in. Marilyn Chambers performance as Rose is brilliant as the bombshell who people seem attracted to and fall for. Frank Moore plays the boyfriend Hart who is caught in the epidemic and unsure how the contagion started.

From start to finish the film does go slow in bits and can be seen for a medical lesson for skin graphing. The film can be tense, it may not be a masterpiece but doesn't deserves to be dismissed as a low budget horror and fairly decent acting goes with it.

Nordicdusk 1st October 2019 10:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Day 1 of 30 Days of Unseen HOOOOORRRRRROOOORRR

Attachment 219527

Two lifelong best friends Joe and Dan go on a skiing trip but Dan decides to bring his girlfriend Parker along and create the whole third wheel thing for Joe. Running low on money they bribe the chairlift controller for cheaper tickets which sounds like a good plan at the time but that decision will lead to another bad decision later than afternoon. Parker is new to skiing and Joe's patience is running thin with her constant falling. Joe convinces Dan to go out that night for some skiing on the bigger hills without Parker but she still tags along and this is where the earlier decision comes into play they meet the chairlift operator again just before he closes the mountain for the night due to a bad incoming snow storm but again they smooth talk him into giving them one last ride up the mountain. With some miscommunication between the staff the chairlift is turned off and the three are trapped and as if getting trapped in the mountains in the freezing cold with a snow storm incoming the resort is also closing for a week. What else could go wrong.............quite a lot actually and guess what ? It all goes very very wrong.

Don't be fooled by the fact most of this film is just three people sitting on a chairlift Frozen is engaging and a gripping film and the time flies by watching it. There is not much i can really say as i found not knowing the best part of the film everything that happened was an unexpected surprise to me. Great acting great setting and some really brutal and nasty scenes where you can really feel the desperation of the characters. You really gotta hand it to the director for pulling you into a film like this and not allowing it to get boring for one second.

Great way to kick off October

7/10