Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Horror Chat (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=557)
-   -   October Horror Movie Marathon (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-horror-chat/12632-october-horror-movie-marathon.html)

SharonLynette 11th October 2015 09:38 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Next up a favourite of mine, which I really should have a decent copy of but don't (I may still have it recorded on tape somewhere though?!), Psychomania (1973) I can't begin to explain how much I love this film but I really highly rate it - even with the frog, it sits at no.13 on my Top 50ish Horror but I sometimes think it should be that bit higher but 13 is such a good number. Anyway the connection between this and Horror Express is Julian Halevy (Zimet).

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 11th October 2015 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SharonLynette (Post 464232)
Next up a favourite of mine, which I really should have a decent copy of but don't (I may still have it recorded on tape somewhere though?!), Psychomania (1973) I can't begin to explain how much I love this film but I really highly rate it - even with the frog, it sits at no.13 on my Top 50ish Horror but I sometimes think it should be that bit higher but 13 is such a good number. Anyway the connection between this and Horror Express is Julian Halevy (Zimet).

I love this one too and also need to get a decent copy of it. There's a decent-ish DVD from Severin available but there have been rumblings of them releasing it on Blu for years now which is why I've never taken the plunge.

Demdike@Cult Labs 11th October 2015 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 464233)
I love this one too and also need to get a decent copy of it. There's a decent-ish DVD from Severin available but there have been rumblings of them releasing it on Blu for years now which is why I've never taken the plunge.

Pete gave me his copy of the Severin release. I liked it but never thought it was a horror film to be honest. As far as biker movies go the finales of Easy Rider and The Pink Angels are far more chilling in my opinion.

SharonLynette 11th October 2015 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 464233)

I would weep with joy if it was released on blu. I have been holding back hoping but I think my love for it overshadows the fact that it possibly isn't as well known as I believe.

Make Them Die Slowly 11th October 2015 10:08 PM

Psychomania is such a fantastic cross genre film...bikers, Satanists, Folk Horror, youth rebellion, post Manson fear of youth...all watered down in a very English manner that strips it of any threat and presents it all as a rather quaint example of Englishness that might never have existed.

For me, it is part of the unholy trinity of English Wyrd along with Witchfinder General and Blood on Satan's Claw.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mik1c8yPLTc

SharonLynette 11th October 2015 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly (Post 464239)
Psychomania is such a fantastic cross genre film...bikers, Satanists, Folk Horror, youth rebellion, post Manson fear of youth...all watered down in a very English manner that strips it of any threat and presents it all as a rather quaint example of Englishness that might never have existed.

For me, it is part of the unholy trinity of English Wyrd along with Witchfinder General and Blood on Satan's Claw.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mik1c8yPLTc

Witchfinder General is up next (tomorrow) due to the Nicky Henson connection.

MacBlayne 11th October 2015 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly (Post 464239)

I need to see this film now.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 11th October 2015 10:21 PM

The 'connections' idea sounds like a good one.

I've been a little lax in respect to forward planning when it comes to my viewing. I've just been grabbing stuff that takes my fancy - mostly new additions to my collection I want to watch and the usual Love Film rentals.... however Love Film have been a bit crap with what they've been sending me, but I guess that's kinda my fault too... shit in/shit out after all. I've been meaning to re-appraise some of the earlier F13th films for instance (not being a big fan of the franchise as a whole) and they sent me Part 2 around the middle of September... after choking that down they sent me Part 3 on Saturday... :eek: I was pretty much 'Fridayed' out for the year already but now Jason can go suck a hockey stick. Hopefully the titles start to improve over the coming weeks. I did watch The Erotic Rites of Frankenstein today though so things aren't all bad.

SharonLynette 11th October 2015 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MacBlayne (Post 464241)
I need to see this film now.

The copy on You Tube is decent enough, especially in comparison to spending a few quid on the awful US release.

MacBlayne 11th October 2015 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SharonLynette (Post 464244)
The copy on You Tube is decent enough, especially in comparison to spending a few quid on the awful US release.

Cheers. Thanks for that.