Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Horror Chat (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=557)
-   -   October Horror Movie Marathon (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-horror-chat/12632-october-horror-movie-marathon.html)

iank 5th October 2019 10:08 PM

There was a teen thriller book called Chain Letter back in the day, don't know if it's related.

MrBarlow 5th October 2019 10:50 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by iank (Post 612642)
There was a teen thriller book called Chain Letter back in the day, don't know if it's related.

Just looked it up, found Christopher Pike novel if it's the same one might be a good read.

iank 5th October 2019 10:51 PM

I read a lot of his back in the day. :nod:

MrBarlow 5th October 2019 11:11 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Cannibal Holocaust 1980.

A professor travels to South America in search of 3 people who disappeared while doing a documentary, when he finds their footage he is shocked at what he has discovered.

This is one of those horror films that doesn't make you jump nor is it scary, it's more stomach churning, to the point of being sick and makes one cross his legs, this is shown that man can be cruel to others and animals, that in anger karma can come back to you.

Think this film has had many comments and reviews either calling it crap or a piece of great cinema, I have always enjoyed it just didn't realise the version I watched was uncut and contained animal cruelty. It's structured well first half is the professor in search of the 3 people as well as seeing a new culture and the second half of what the people shot on camera and their antics. It's not really about great acting or good storyline it's more about humanity in different ways. If you can stomach violence, and unbelievable cruelty check it out.

MrBarlow 5th October 2019 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iank (Post 612644)
I read a lot of his back in the day. :nod:

His books were short and entertaining

Nordicdusk 6th October 2019 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrBarlow (Post 612647)
Cannibal Holocaust 1980.

A professor travels to South America in search of 3 people who disappeared while doing a documentary, when he finds their footage he is shocked at what he has discovered.

This is one of those horror films that doesn't make you jump nor is it scary, it's more stomach churning, to the point of being sick and makes one cross his legs, this is shown that man can be cruel to others and animals, that in anger karma can come back to you.

Think this film has had many comments and reviews either calling it crap or a piece of great cinema, I have always enjoyed it just didn't realise the version I watched was uncut and contained animal cruelty. It's structured well first half is the professor in search of the 3 people as well as seeing a new culture and the second half of what the people shot on camera and their antics. It's not really about great acting or good storyline it's more about humanity in different ways. If you can stomach violence, and unbelievable cruelty check it out.

Love Cannibal Holocaust and its comments on society that still rings through to today. I have only seen the full uncut animal cruelty version i rather stick to the Grindhouse version with that removed.

MrBarlow 6th October 2019 12:22 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Are You Scared 2006.

6 people wake up in a empty building, no clue how they got there, they believe they are taking part in a reality TV show as their audition tapes are shown, hot on the trail is a detective and a F.B.I agent who think a serial killer has them.

Filmed like a bad ass lame attempt at SAW, it's by no means perfect and a strange plot to it, this does have its good moments and a near perfect twist. The acting is good but not excellent and the games they try to win are bearable even one or two are done decently. This has been shown on the Horror Channel a lot that be best to view it but don't go overboard paying a lot for it, best viewed open minded

bleakshaun 6th October 2019 12:14 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Demoniac
A religious fanatic goes on a killing spree to exorcise women he perceives to spend eternally damned in hell.
Usual Franco work plenty of boobs and bush and a snazzy soundtrack. Can't complain too much.
Attachment 219679

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk

Nordicdusk 6th October 2019 01:35 PM

1 Attachment(s)
30 Day Of Unseen Horror

Day 5

Attachment 219681

When two teens lose the class science project a dead body they must replace it somehow before they are discovered and kicked out of school. They break into a military facility and steal a body but they have no idea the body is part of the C.H.U.D project where the military are planning on using them as biological weapons for war. The teens accidentally electrocute BUD and he comes back to life and escapes and soon BUD as infected most of the town and they go on the rampage in search of "MEAT" .

I usually only ever hear bad things about this film so going in i was expecting it to be a real struggle to get through but i was really surprised. Yes its stupid yes its juvenile but sometimes that just what you want. I found it to be a lot of fun its light and entertaining and its pure 80s cheese. My one complaint was lack of any type of gore but its still fun.

7/10

Heisenberg 6th October 2019 02:32 PM

Watched The Fog late last night. Don't really need to add anything on what has already been said about this film. If you have not seen it and are bingeing through some scary films for October would definitely recommend adding this to your list. So glad i got the blu-ray as can see it getting watched several times.

Just finished watching Terrifier, which i came across on now tv looking for something i had not seen before. It's basically a good old fashioned slasher flick featuring a clown called Art stalking 2 girls heading home after a drunken halloween night out. Was not expecting much but ended up pleasantly surprised, some nice scenes involving blood and gore if that's what you enjoy, not Brain Dead over the top levels but enough to keep one entertained.
Done some further reading and noticed it is a sort of spin-off from a previous anthology film called All Hallows' Eve which i will have to check out. There is also a sequel coming out next year which i'll look forward to as well.