All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree26818Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 6th October 2019, 02:39 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
Watched The Fog late last night. Don't really need to add anything on what has already been said about this film. If you have not seen it and are bingeing through some scary films for October would definitely recommend adding this to your list. So glad i got the blu-ray as can see it getting watched several times.

Just finished watching Terrifier, which i came across on now tv looking for something i had not seen before. It's basically a good old fashioned slasher flick featuring a clown called Art stalking 2 girls heading home after a drunken halloween night out. Was not expecting much but ended up pleasantly surprised, some nice scenes involving blood and gore if that's what you enjoy, not Brain Dead over the top levels but enough to keep one entertained.
Done some further reading and noticed it is a sort of spin-off from a previous anthology film called All Hallows' Eve which i will have to check out. There is also a sequel coming out next year which i'll look forward to as well.
Glad you enjoyed The Fog one of the best all time horrors.
Old 6th October 2019, 03:09 PM
Cult Master

30 Days Of Unseen Horror

Day 6

51TurzC6JyL.jpg

The crazy uncle of two brothers is shot down by the cops after he massacres a group of cheerleaders as part of an ancient ritual to the goddess Sheetar. When the brothers grow up they dig up their uncles body and remove his brain so he can guide them through the necessary ingredients they need to build a body fit for the goddess to be resurrected into. Whatever parts they do not use they do not waste they just serve it to their customers in the diner they run together and its seen as the best food in town.

The acting is absolute dog s**t but the film is still entertaining lots of fake blood and body parts flying everywhere as well as tons of boodage. The best part of Blood Diner is definitely the uncle even tho he is just a brain in a jar but his lines are pretty funny. I also got a great kick out of how s**t the dubbing was most of the time no one is talking but the conversation continues anyway

6/10
Old 6th October 2019, 03:15 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Default October 5th.

Vampira (1974)

David Niven stars as Dracula in this spoof horror which is far closer in tone to Hammer's Dracula AD 1972 than it is buffoonery like Carry on Screaming. All swinging sixties cool with Playboy Bunnies and groovy gear and even groovier tunes with blaxploitation elements thrown in.

The plot which sees Niven's Count come to London in a bid to turn his beloved Countess Vampira white again following a calamity where she was revived from her sleep using the blood of a beautiful black playmate (Teresa Graves).

What follows are a serious bevy of hot genre babes (Veronica Carlson, Jennie Linden, Linda Hayden, Luan Peters and more) succumbing to the seductions of Niven, Graves or the hairy chested Nicky Henson.

I have to admit it sounds a bit shite but it felt like it was done with affection for the genre and the finished product i found very entertaining. The final scene is a classic. Definitely one to watch again.

Halloween (2007)

A grungy masterpiece from director Rob Zombie which gives proper back story and motive as to why the ten year old Michael Myers became the killer we know and er' love.

This is almost a five star movie but it's let down in the final twenty minutes by too much running around in darkness.
Old 6th October 2019, 03:27 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Vampira (1974)

David Niven stars as Dracula in this spoof horror which is far closer in tone to Hammer's Dracula AD 1972 than it is buffoonery like Carry on Screaming. All swinging sixties cool with Playboy Bunnies and groovy gear and even groovier tunes with blaxploitation elements thrown in.

The plot which sees Niven's Count come to London in a bid to turn his beloved Countess Vampira white again following a calamity where she was revived from her sleep using the blood of a beautiful black playmate (Teresa Graves).

What follows are a serious bevy of hot genre babes (Veronica Carlson, Jennie Linden, Linda Hayden, Luan Peters and more) succumbing to the seductions of Niven, Graves or the hairy chested Nicky Henson.

I have to admit it sounds a bit shite but it felt like it was done with affection for the genre and the finished product i found very entertaining. The final scene is a classic. Definitely one to watch again.

Halloween (2007)

A grungy masterpiece from director Rob Zombie which gives proper back story and motive as to why the ten year old Michael Myers became the killer we know and er' love.

This is almost a five star movie but it's let down in the final twenty minutes by too much running around in darkness.
Damn i almost picked up Vampira yesterday really sorry i didn't now.
Old 6th October 2019, 03:35 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicdusk View Post
Damn i almost picked up Vampira yesterday really sorry i didn't now.
Don't worry.

I know you wouldn't have been interested in a "serious bevy of hot genre babes".

Demoncrat and Nordicdusk like this.
Old 6th October 2019, 03:40 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Don't worry.

I know you wouldn't have been interested in a "serious bevy of hot genre babes".

You know me too well
Old 6th October 2019, 04:45 PM
Cult Veteran

Daybreakers (2009)

Set in the dystopian future of 2019 where vampires are the dominant species of the planet. This is a tale of capitalist vampires trying to earn a buck on human blood but the supplies have run dry and synthetic blood just isn't cutting it. Vampires feeding off the blood of other vampires in desperation has kickstarted a new strain of primordial supervampires which has to be stopped.

I'd only seen this once at the cinema and I must have had a rose-tinted memory of it because this is a boring and not very well executed film. A case of style over substance, a cast seemingly not all that bothered and a story premise and ambition which is clearly larger than the skill involved!

Thankfully there were some exciting sequences to keep me going until the end but I'm glad I never watcched this at night or it would have sent me to sleep

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 6th October 2019, 04:55 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

10/10

7/10

8/10

Now watching.

Old 6th October 2019, 05:05 PM
Cult Veteran

I fancy In The Tall Grass also, let us know how it is

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 6th October 2019, 05:39 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

It's Alive 1974 (Larry Cohen).

The Davis family are expecting another baby but give birth to a mutant who goes on a killing spree when frightened.

Decent low budget film, despite the unlikely plot it does deliver good acting from John P Ryan (Futureworld) Sharon Farrell (Night of The Comet) as the happy couple faced with a new nightmare of parenthood and James Dixon (The Stuff).

Despite the low budget the make up created by Rick Baker it's done decently and see through the blurry eyes of the baby. The cinematography is pretty well done and gives off a high tension with a creepy background score and a good well paced speed to a good climax.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg thumbnail.jpg (19.8 KB, 4 views)

Like this? Share it using the links below!