Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Horror Chat (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=557)
-   -   October Horror Movie Marathon (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-horror-chat/12632-october-horror-movie-marathon.html)

Justin101 16th October 2019 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bleakshaun (Post 613451)
Omen 4: The Awakening

I didn't even know there was a 4th installment!

bleakshaun 16th October 2019 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 613479)

Just ignore the review I posted and act as if there wasn't [emoji23]

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk

Demdike@Cult Labs 16th October 2019 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 613479)

I think of it as a free Omen coaster in it's own dvd case in my Omen box set.

Justin101 16th October 2019 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 613483)
I think of it as a free Omen coaster in it's own dvd case in my Omen box set.

I've got the Bluray set and it only has 3 films in it :( no free drinks coaster for me i'm afraid.

bleakshaun 16th October 2019 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 613486)
I've got the Bluray set and it only has 3 films in it :( no free drinks coaster for me i'm afraid.

I would send my copy to you but it's a boxset so sorry

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk

Demoncrat 16th October 2019 06:40 PM

Philistines!! I naturally loves OIV :laugh:
As its unique awfulness is a laugh RIOT.

REWATCH

Nordicdusk 16th October 2019 08:18 PM

1 Attachment(s)
30 Days Of Unseen Horror

Day 16

Attachment 220005

A group of soldiers are sent to the Scottish wilderness for a training exercise. It begins as a routine night camping in the woods with the lads complaining about football having some banter ripping the piss and cracking jokes but its short lived and their fun is disrupted by haunting howls and the carcass of a deer dumped into their camp. Could the campfire stories of people going missing in that neck of the woods be true or is it just the sound of a hunting pack of wolves. Not far from their camp they find a mutilated group of special forces soldiers and the only survivor is their sergeant who is an absolute arsehole. Running through the harsh countryside to escape another attack them bump into a zoologist who is there investigating the strange things that are going on but at first the lads think she is a nutter when she tells them that they are not dealing with a normal threat but they are under attack from werewolves.

How the hell have i not seen this before there is absolutely no messing around just a balls out action horror from start to finish. Fantastic realistic acting most of the characters are likeable well all except one arsehole but he got off on the wrong foot with me right from the start if you have seen this then you will know who he is and why he is :lol: I love that the conversations between the soldiers realistic like your hanging out with your mates making the whole thing more believable and creating a bond between the characters making anything that happens to any of them sad to see and so really pulling you into the situation and really rooting for them to survive.

The practical gore effects are brilliant and realistic nothing looked fake and there are plenty of blood and guts to satisfy and gore hound. At first we only see fast glimpses of the werewolves which i was very worried about but as the film goes on we see more and more of them and they look great they are big muscular and mean as **** looking. The only thing i was a little disappointed with was no transformation scene but maybe i was asking for too much but it takes nothing away from the film because everything else going on is so great.

With all the horror death gore and action going on there was still some room for a bit of humor and it pulled it off perfectly without cheapening the film one bit its not slapstick stupidity its a natural thing between mates sort of humor that just worked the right way.

Blood guts werewolves explosion fun fun fun fun fun :hail:

I could harp on for ages about this film but im sure ye have heard enough already :lol:

This film is fanbloodytastic

9/10

MrBarlow 16th October 2019 09:15 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The Swarm 1978.

A huge swarm of deadly African bees spreads terror across a small American town and run on low time on how to destroy them.

Michael Caine takes lead role as Dr Brad Crane who thinks these are a new breed of killer bees that have invaded the anerican soil, cue Richard Chamberlain (Shogun) who disproves this theory. Crane teams up with Captain Helen Anderson played by Katherine Ross (The Legacy, she is in a uniform...phoar) ahem as the laison officer. Richard Widmark (The Alamo) as General Slater who seems to have a game of verbal ping pong with Crane.

There is with this some good suspense and tense moments and anyone who is afraid of bees would see the horror and a few cliché moments with its flaws. Sometimes the acting can be a bit over the top when Michael Caine is talking (shouting) The volume goes down a bit. I made a comment about this film ages ago and thought it was the bee's knees :lol: second viewing hmm worth a watch but don't think I can watch it over and over again.

MrBarlow 16th October 2019 11:24 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Halloween III: Season Of The Witch 1982.

After the death of a man in his charge, Dr Daniel Challis teams up with the deacesed man's daughter to uncover a plot by Silver Shamrock owner Conal Cochran.

Stand alone movie that was meant to be a new part on the Halloween movies John Carpenter wanted new takes of halloween stories came up with this idea. Think I have seen this one about 3 times and still not daft on it. Tom Atkins takes the role of Daniel Challis and Daniel O'Herilhy as the toy make Cochran. There is some good visual effects and mask/face melting that spews out worms snakes and maggots, I'm sure we all have our own thoughts on this.

Nordicdusk 17th October 2019 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrBarlow (Post 613524)
Halloween III: Season Of The Witch 1982.

After the death of a man in his charge, Dr Daniel Challis teams up with the deacesed man's daughter to uncover a plot by Silver Shamrock owner Conal Cochran.

Stand alone movie that was meant to be a new part on the Halloween movies John Carpenter wanted new takes of halloween stories came up with this idea. Think I have seen this one about 3 times and still not daft on it. Tom Atkins takes the role of Daniel Challis and Daniel O'Herilhy as the toy make Cochran. There is some good visual effects and mask/face melting that spews out worms snakes and maggots, I'm sure we all have our own thoughts on this.

Over the years Halloween III has become one of my favourite films not just in horror but in any genre. The look and feel the soundtrack everything about it its a real Halloween time film if it was called anything other than Halloween i think it would of been a bigger hit unless it was called masky melty death death or something :lol: