Like Tree26818Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17th October 2019, 08:19 AM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post
Halloween III: Season Of The Witch 1982.

After the death of a man in his charge, Dr Daniel Challis teams up with the deacesed man's daughter to uncover a plot by Silver Shamrock owner Conal Cochran.

Stand alone movie that was meant to be a new part on the Halloween movies John Carpenter wanted new takes of halloween stories came up with this idea. Think I have seen this one about 3 times and still not daft on it. Tom Atkins takes the role of Daniel Challis and Daniel O'Herilhy as the toy make Cochran. There is some good visual effects and mask/face melting that spews out worms snakes and maggots, I'm sure we all have our own thoughts on this.
The central theme of stealing one of the Stonehenge standing stones, transporting it to the states then placing fragments of it in millions of Halloween masks so a nefarious corporation can kill millions of mask wearers thanks to a trigger from a tv commercial and act as a huge sacrifice to bring back an era of witchcraft is utterly ludicrous.

Obviously it's not as far fetched as Gene Simmons giving something away in Trick or Treat but few things are.
Old 17th October 2019, 08:27 AM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
The central theme of stealing one of the Stonehenge standing stones, transporting it to the states then placing fragments of it in millions of Halloween masks so a nefarious corporation can kill millions of mask wearers thanks to a trigger from a tv commercial and act as a huge sacrifice to bring back an era of witchcraft is utterly ludicrous.

Obviously it's not as far fetched as Gene Simmons giving something away in Trick or Treat but few things are.
Old 17th October 2019, 08:54 AM
Cult Acolyte

Work has been real bad and other stuff going on has really impacted my viewing this past week and why you haven't seen me around much. I thought at one time I may have to stop for this month.
I got going again for the time being until more hassle pops up.

23.TOMBS OF THE BLIND DEAD (1972)
Excellent make up for the Templar Knights.
With the chanting music accompanying the undead knights, these guys look awesome.

24.ABBOTT AND COSTELLO MEET FRANKENSTEIN (1948)
Universal monsters reunite in this comedy.

25.THE INVISIBLE MAN RETURNS (1940)
Universal horror. Framed for murder, Geoffrey Radcliffe is turned invisible to track down the real culprit. Can he succeed before he is driven mad by the drug?
Entertaining sequel with Vincent Price.

26.THE BEAST WITH FIVE FINGERS (1946)
Good creepy horror and good effects as the severed hand of a dead pianist murders people in an old mansion.

27.BLACK SABBATH (1963) (Italian version)
Three terror tales from Mario Bava. The second tale 'The Wurdulak' is high on atmosphere and the face on the dead woman in 'A Drop Of Water' is chilling.

28.NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD (1968)
Excellent. "Get the hell down in the cellar. You can be the boss down there, I'm boss up here"!
Old 17th October 2019, 11:28 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicdusk View Post
30 Days Of Unseen Horror

Day 16

Attachment 220005

A group of soldiers are sent to the Scottish wilderness for a training exercise. It begins as a routine night camping in the woods with the lads complaining about football having some banter ripping the piss and cracking jokes but its short lived and their fun is disrupted by haunting howls and the carcass of a deer dumped into their camp. Could the campfire stories of people going missing in that neck of the woods be true or is it just the sound of a hunting pack of wolves. Not far from their camp they find a mutilated group of special forces soldiers and the only survivor is their sergeant who is an absolute arsehole. Running through the harsh countryside to escape another attack them bump into a zoologist who is there investigating the strange things that are going on but at first the lads think she is a nutter when she tells them that they are not dealing with a normal threat but they are under attack from werewolves.

How the hell have i not seen this before there is absolutely no messing around just a balls out action horror from start to finish. Fantastic realistic acting most of the characters are likeable well all except one arsehole but he got off on the wrong foot with me right from the start if you have seen this then you will know who he is and why he is I love that the conversations between the soldiers realistic like your hanging out with your mates making the whole thing more believable and creating a bond between the characters making anything that happens to any of them sad to see and so really pulling you into the situation and really rooting for them to survive.

The practical gore effects are brilliant and realistic nothing looked fake and there are plenty of blood and guts to satisfy and gore hound. At first we only see fast glimpses of the werewolves which i was very worried about but as the film goes on we see more and more of them and they look great they are big muscular and mean as **** looking. The only thing i was a little disappointed with was no transformation scene but maybe i was asking for too much but it takes nothing away from the film because everything else going on is so great.

With all the horror death gore and action going on there was still some room for a bit of humor and it pulled it off perfectly without cheapening the film one bit its not slapstick stupidity its a natural thing between mates sort of humor that just worked the right way.

Blood guts werewolves explosion fun fun fun fun fun

I could harp on for ages about this film but im sure ye have heard enough already

This film is fanbloodytastic

9/10
One of my all-time favourites! Full of quotable lines, grue, tension, and posh birds talking dirty.
Nordicdusk and nosferatu42 like this.
Old 17th October 2019, 11:39 AM
Cult Veteran

Tigers Are Not Afraid (2017)

A Mexican film looking at the drug cartel gangs and the effect their violence has on the children. I won't go into much detail on the plot because it's probably best to just go in and let the film tell you the story. It doesn't sound like a horror film, but think of something like The Devil's Backbone and it's ghost child! Great film and amazing performances by a gang of children, seriously, some of the best child acting I have seen ever!

Secret Rites (1971)

If you have ever seen a Jess Franco film from his heyday of late 60s to early 70s then you have seen one of his cabaret/nightclub scenes. Now imagine if Jess spent his film budget on just the one film instead of trying to squeeze 3 films out of the money and cast, and the whole film was one of these cabaret scenes then you can pretty much imagine what this mondo documentary about Wiccan secret rituals and rites looks and sounds like!

Much more lurid and therefore entertaining than it's counterpart film 'Legend of the Witches', this one follows Penny as she makes contact with the coven, learns all about it, joins and then takes part in some rituals. Runs at a very swift 45 minutes and if like me, you're interested in the occult and/or a fan of the Jess Franco style then I would highly recommend this film!

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 17th October 2019, 06:04 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The Evil Dead 1981.

Five people take a trip to a cabin in the woods and unwittingly release a demonic force.

You don't need a big budget to create a classic horror film like this, first saw this on vhs when I was 10 and almost shit myself and didn't want to go on a camping trip again

The acting gets better and better with every viewing to the point of feeling sympathetic towards everyone and Ash becoming a horror icon even with the pencil in the ankle scene is still a bit cringe worthy, It does have it's humerous side aswell as its gory side.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg images.jpg (8.6 KB, 2 views)
Old 17th October 2019, 07:53 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Evil Dead 2: Dead By Dawn 1987.

Ash must try and survive another night in the cabin to fend off more demons.

Decent sequel even though it starts differently as the original footage couldn't be obtained to re-cap what happened. Bruce Campbell returns as Ash in this comedy horror. Sam Raimi pulled out all the stops to make it more thrilling with more blood, gore and a bit over the top make up effects. What would you do if a deer's head on the wall started laughing, laugh with it?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Evil-Dead-2-Escape-Room-768x790.jpg (100.0 KB, 2 views)
Old 17th October 2019, 07:55 PM
Cult Master

30 Day Of Unseen Horror

Day 17

final-girl-canadian-movie-poster.jpg

Taught from a young age to be the ultimate weapon Veronica is constantly put through test after test until she is ready to be unleashed upon people who like to prey on the week. Veronica is tasked with taking down a group who target vulnerable girls in a sick twisted cat and mouse game they like to play in the woods but this time its their turn to be hunted.

Who doesn't love to see some revenge on a group of assholes getting their just deserts and these guys are some of the biggest assholes i have ever seen in a film they made me want to go on a murderous rampage myself. I hate these type of people self obsessed jock d**kbags so it usually make the revenge that more enjoyable but not here everything about this film is just shit the acting the revenge everything happens in the woods under a spotlight and it looks so cheap and .................... I can't go on this was terrible.

F*** MY LIFE / 10

Last edited by Nordicdusk; 17th October 2019 at 08:12 PM.
Old 17th October 2019, 08:20 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Think FG was the last film I watched on the Horror Channel. That or Hydra

bleakshaun and MrBarlow like this.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 17th October 2019, 08:27 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
Think FG was the last film I watched on the Horror Channel. That or Hydra

Made you lose faith in the channel did it ?

I actually recorded it off the horror channel glad it didn't cost me anything .
Demoncrat likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!