Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > General Horror Chat
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree26818Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17th October 2019, 08:45 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

I stopped watching tv tbh. I feels betterer for it.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 17th October 2019, 09:33 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Army Of Darkness 1992.

Ash is transported to 1300AD, where he must do battle with a army of the dead and retrieve the Necronomicon book to return back to his original time.

This was a bit more comedy than the horror from the previous films and still lives up to the evil dead series. It has it's quirky moments and good comeback quotes. The special effects with the skeletons are like the ones from 50s-60s stop motion era still effective. Ash now armed with his army and chainsaw and broomstick. Never fails to entertain. Shop smart, shop S-mart.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0b8ae645-7c1d-4c8a-bb1e-0272e52c9894.jpg (56.2 KB, 5 views)
Old 18th October 2019, 08:41 AM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Splatter (2009)

Roger Corman presents a film by Joe Dante, starring Corey Feldman and Tony Todd... No, don't get too excited.

By the time I sat down last night I was too tired and it was pretty late so I didn't want to watch a full film, but I also wanted to keep the October Horrorthon going, so I cheated a little with this short film I found on Netflix. I really wish I had just taken the night off

Corey was good as the rock-star who shot himself in the head and comes back to kill his wrong-doers at a wake/will reading, but everything else about this short is amateur hour. I think the cast members must have entered a competition and the prize was do star in a Roger Corman movie

Dreadful, avoid...

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 18th October 2019, 08:44 AM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post

I stopped watching tv tbh. I feels betterer for it.
Ill avoid putting on my conspiracy hat and just say you are right to stay away from it total b*ll*x i watch documentaries or the crime channel and record off the horror channel thats it
Demoncrat and bleakshaun like this.
Old 18th October 2019, 10:10 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

I want to see this hat tbh

You haven't modelled for a while nord

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 18th October 2019, 10:19 AM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
I want to see this hat tbh

You haven't modelled for a while nord
Saving myself for a special occasion
Demoncrat likes this.
Old 18th October 2019, 10:24 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicdusk View Post
Ill avoid putting on my conspiracy hat and just say you are right to stay away from it total b*ll*x i watch documentaries or the crime channel and record off the horror channel thats it
I agree to an extent as most general modern stuff is garbage, although i do find the odd gameshow such as 'the chase' enjoyable if i'm in the right mood.

I usually check through film 4 etc weekly to see if anythings on, 'Get out' is on channel 4 on Saturday so i'll catch up with that as it's a new one i've not seen yet.

Also 'Talking Pictures' on Channel 81 is worth having a look at if you like older stuff, 'Old Mother Reilly meets the vampire' is on there Saturday, a Lugosi film i've never seen.

It's my go to channel at the moment.

MIKE: I've got it! Peter Cushing! We've got to drive a stake through his heart!
VYVYAN: Great! I'll get the car!
NEIL: I'll get a cushion.
Old 18th October 2019, 01:22 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosferatu42 View Post
I agree to an extent as most general modern stuff is garbage, although i do find the odd gameshow such as 'the chase' enjoyable if i'm in the right mood.

I usually check through film 4 etc weekly to see if anythings on, 'Get out' is on channel 4 on Saturday so i'll catch up with that as it's a new one i've not seen yet.

Also 'Talking Pictures' on Channel 81 is worth having a look at if you like older stuff, 'Old Mother Reilly meets the vampire' is on there Saturday, a Lugosi film i've never seen.

It's my go to channel at the moment.
Although i've never watched a whole film on Talking Pictures i've certainly watched more of it this week than any other tv channel put together. If something intrigues i generally watch until the next ten minutes of ads for Fred Olsen cruises come on then turn off.

I sometimes look to see what the Horror channel is showing - usually the horror of all horrors that is Star Trek - then turn that off too. I've never watched anything on Horror since it joined Freeview.
nosferatu42 likes this.
Old 18th October 2019, 01:27 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Although i've never watched a whole film on Talking Pictures i've certainly watched more of it this week than any other tv channel put together. If something intrigues i generally watch until the next ten minutes of ads for Fred Olsen cruises come on then turn off.

I sometimes look to see what the Horror channel is showing - usually the horror of all horrors that is Star Trek - then turn that off too. I've never watched anything on Horror since it joined Freeview.
All the best horror channel stuff is on at stupid hours of the night so i just record them.
Old 18th October 2019, 01:43 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Default October 16th

Terrifier (2016)

A feature length return of the crazed Art the clown, first seen so brilliantly in All Hallows Eve (2013).

Low budget most certainly but a hell of a lot better and sicker than it could have been. Although Art is a great character the film really lacked anyone to root for in the good guy / gal adversary stakes. Having said that, when you've just seen good old Art saw a naked girl hanging from the ceiling completely in two in graphic detail then who cares?

The Hazing (Dead Scared) (2004)

A wildly entertaining straight to video Halloween spectacular that riffs on Night of the Demons but in my opinion has better acting, better characters and comes over in an even more fun way. An effortless watch with Tiffany Shepis in an sprayed on skin tight silver catsuit. What more do i want? Brad Dourif as a satanic professor - yup got that as well.

One of my fave Halloween horrors.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 220px-Terrifier-final-poster.jpg (25.5 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg s592.jpg (69.5 KB, 4 views)

Like this? Share it using the links below!