Like Tree26818Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19th October 2019, 12:19 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

30 Days Of Unseen Horror

Day 18

51VsFzLwTOL.jpg

Sea dwelling aliens land on a small island off the coast of Ireland and they waste no time breeding and attacking the local fishermen. These octopus looking creatures only need two things to live water and human blood. After one of the creatures attacks an alcoholic guard it mysteriously dies and its then they discover that they have found a defence against their new neighbors ALCOHOL yes in true Irish fashion when trouble the solution is always alcohol There is a massive storm coming and they island won't be reached until the storm passes giving the locals even more problem with the rain coming the aliens will survive on land so the guards come up with a plan to have a big piss up in the only pub on the island for everyone living there so they will survive the night.

Grabbers is a fun movie with plenty of funny moments a completely ridiculous plot and some really good special effects.

7/10

Last edited by Nordicdusk; 19th October 2019 at 01:18 PM.
Old 19th October 2019, 01:54 PM
Cult Master

30 Days Of Unseen Horror

Day 19

DeadSilence02_1024x1024@2x.jpg

A young married couple receive a strange unmarked package to their apartment inside they find an old ventriloquist dummy. Jamie heads out to pick up some dinner and when he get home he finds the apartment covered in blood and his wife has been murdered with her tongue removed. With no sign of forced entry Jamie is the prime suspect and he makes things worse for himself when he blames the dummy for her murder.When Jamie was a kid there was a local legend about ventriloquist named Mary Shaw who was accused of kidnapping a local child who called her a fraud during one of her shows. The locals take action and Mary is buried with all of her dolls or children as she calls them. After her death there are numerous murders which the locals believe are the doing of Mary's children. When Jamie is released with lack of evidence he returns to the town he grew up in to bury his wife and to find out if there is any truth behind the folktale.

I had low expectations for Dead Silence i was expecting bad acting annoying cast and tons of cheap jump scares but instead we get a really cool creepy ghost story and a creepy atmosphere throughout. The dummies look excellent and instead of jump scares the film just relies on just their presence to give the chills sometimes just moving their eyes or turning their heads with no other movement needed which is very refreshing.

I love when i go into a film expecting the worst and coming away this impressed i really really enjoyed this one.

7/10
Old 19th October 2019, 03:41 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Default October 17th

The Demons (1973)

I'd always got on well in the past with Jess Franco's tale of Demonic possession, nude nuns and Inquisition torture chambers. However in a month of classic horror after classic horror, a Jess Franco nunsploitation effort stands out like a sore thumb with it's indulgent and largely pointless sex scenes.

Sadly not the right time and place for this.

The Mutilator (1984)

A teen who accidentally kills his mother with his father's gun is hunted down some years later at a beach side retreat by his deranged father.

The Mutilator is an independent regionally produced slasher, that whilst at times is blotted by too much irrelevant chatter still hits the spot in the twisted gore department.
Old 19th October 2019, 04:28 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
The Demons (1973)

I'd always got on well in the past with Jess Franco's tale of Demonic possession, nude nuns and Inquisition torture chambers. However in a month of classic horror after classic horror, a Jess Franco nunsploitation effort stands out like a sore thumb with it's indulgent and largely pointless sex scenes.

Sadly not the right time and place for this.

The Mutilator (1984)

A teen who accidentally kills his mother with his father's gun is hunted down some years later at a beach side retreat by his deranged father.

The Mutilator is an independent regionally produced slasher, that whilst at times is blotted by too much irrelevant chatter still hits the spot in the twisted gore department.
Pointless sex i didnt know there was such a thing

Not seen The Demons but The Mutilator is always a good entertaining bit of fun.
Old 19th October 2019, 06:20 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Friday The 13th Part 2 (1981, Steve Miner)

Sequeltober!!

That hessian would play havoc with my eczema tbh
A bunch of trainee youth councillors get what they deserve when they are targeted by a maniac. Considering they have set up camp practically next door to an infamous scene of local tragedy.
He is a tad reckless towards the end, but he still manages to off most of the plebs dangled in front of him.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 19th October 2019, 07:01 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Deep Rising 1998.

On it's maiden voyage of the biggest cruise ship Argonautica, a band of pirates have been paid to ambush it with sea charter Finnegan and his crew only to discover something else has ambushed the liner.

Robert Ebert placed this film on his most most hated list, how many films are on it? I would disagree with him, it's a fun pact action horror film. May not be taken seriously and has it's laughs,decently written and directed by Stephen Sommers (The mummy and the mummy returns). There is decent CGI Effects created by Rob Bottin and good score by Jerry Goldsmith. The actors are great Treat Williams, Famke Janssen, Wes Studi, Kevin J O'Connor. Worth a watch.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2019-10-19-19-42-52-.jpg (7.3 KB, 4 views)
Old 19th October 2019, 07:24 PM
Cult Addict

Alice Sweet Alice
The youngest daughter of a family is strangled during her first communion and all fingers point to her older sister. Her father sets to investigate who actually committed the crime.
First time seeing this and boy oh boy am I surprised I haven't seen it before. I really enjoyed watching this, only thing to say is the reveal was too early of the killer.
holy-terror-poster.jpg

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk
Old 19th October 2019, 08:53 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Vampires 1998.

A team of vampire hunters funded by the Vatican travel across America lead by Jack Crow. When the team are killed only two survive, teamed up with a young priest and a girl who was bitten and has a connection with master vampire travel to kill him.

Released just before The Blair Witch Project came out this one seemed to be forgotten about that it's underrated, I didn't think I would like it but was pleasantly surprised it was great. John Carpenter really went all the way in creating vampires the way we grew up knowing they can't walk in the sun. James Woods plays the lead Jack Crow who follows the rule book and doesn't hold back on what he says to the cardinal or authority. There is no CGI, everything is done with plenty of make up and Sheryl Lee (Twin Peaks) does have a nice body on her. Well worth a watch.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Vampires-620-02.jpg (35.9 KB, 4 views)
Old 19th October 2019, 09:35 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Suspiria (Argento)

Aye, so this quine is gan tae her new academy like. Pity she cannae hear onything because of the taxi drivers love of Prog! Onywie, she finally gits tae her destination in ain piece just in time tae clock sumthin horrible. Or is aw the fever dream of an Italian director?
After the Mater of all openings, this settles into a rather lurid but gossamer frippery regarding the location.
But lo! Death lurks around every corner. DEATH. (Ominous chord).
So mind how ye go quine

Translation is available

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 19th October 2019, 10:01 PM
Cult Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
Suspiria (Argento)

Aye, so this quine is gan tae her new academy like. Pity she cannae hear onything because of the taxi drivers love of Prog! Onywie, she finally gits tae her destination in ain piece just in time tae clock sumthin horrible. Or is aw the fever dream of an Italian director?

After the Mater of all openings, this settles into a rather lurid but gossamer frippery regarding the location.

But lo! Death lurks around every corner. DEATH. (Ominous chord).

So mind how ye go quine

Translation is available

I read that in the voice of Jacqueline McCafferty which helped haha
Demoncrat likes this.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Like this? Share it using the links below!