Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Horror Chat (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=557)
-   -   October Horror Movie Marathon (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-horror-chat/12632-october-horror-movie-marathon.html)

MrBarlow 21st October 2019 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 613858)
It's excellent. Very grim. The kind of horror film they don't make nowadays. definitely adult horror.

:thankingyou: Dem you have me intrigued

MrBarlow 22nd October 2019 12:39 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Isolation 2005.

A farmer struggling with his herd hires out his farm to a doctor of genetic work. As his experiments progress there is consequences that nobody may make it away alive.

Where has this little gem been hiding, bought it from charity stall in town cat protection, Not a big cast, only 5 but they make the film look great, nice special effects and make up, just glad I was drinking anything, one or two good jump scenes and a lot of suspense moments. Certainly one I would recommend.

Demdike@Cult Labs 22nd October 2019 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrBarlow (Post 613864)
Isolation 2005.

A farmer struggling with his herd hires out his farm to a doctor of genetic work. As his experiments progress there is consequences that nobody may make it away alive.

Where has this little gem been hiding, bought it from charity stall in town cat protection, Not a big cast, only 5 but they make the film look great, nice special effects and make up, just glad I was drinking anything, one or two good jump scenes and a lot of suspense moments. Certainly one I would recommend.

Glad you enjoyed Isolation, MrBarlow.

bleakshaun 22nd October 2019 10:32 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Frozen (2010)
A group of people go for a final late night ski before the resort shits for the weekend, unfortunately a staff member shuts off the ski lift leaving them trapped alone.
Adam Green pulls of a great tense film even if the majority of it is set on a ski lift. The feeling of isolation makes it gripping stuff.
Attachment 220174

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk

Nordicdusk 22nd October 2019 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bleakshaun (Post 613880)
Frozen (2010)
A group of people go for a final late night ski before the resort shits for the weekend, unfortunately a staff member shuts off the ski lift leaving them trapped alone.
Adam Green pulls of a great tense film even if the majority of it is set on a ski lift. The feeling of isolation makes it gripping stuff.
Attachment 220174

Really enjoyed Frozen apart from the leg scene seemed a little stupid but a small complaint.

bleakshaun 22nd October 2019 03:42 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hour of the Wolf
A painter struggles to keep his artistic talents up while also struggling to keep his sanity, his wife tries to support him but ends up being caught up in his hallucinations.
Inar Bergmans foray into horror doesn't start off like one however once you get into the final acts it starts to go off the rails.
Attachment 220181

Nordicdusk 22nd October 2019 07:09 PM

1 Attachment(s)
30 Days Of Unseen Horror

Day 22

Attachment 220183

College is an expensive time for a young adults life and Kylie is no different relying on her mother to support is something that does not sit well with her so she starts making a few extra dollars working as a cam girl but she is still not making enough to help her with her fees. An opportunity comes up for her to join a profession cam site and make some big bucks and Kylie jumps at the chance. Girlhouse is not just a site its an actual house filled with girls who are on cam 24 hours members can log in at anytime to see their favourite girls.

Kylie is nervous moving into a house of strangers but all the girls make her feel right at home welcoming her and showing her the ropes. She is soon in the swing of things and wastes no time showing the members just what the new girl has to offer. Kylie is introduced to regular member called Loverboy who seems more interested in talking rather than the naked side of things but things turn weird when he sends a pictures to Kylie and one of the other girls finds it and hangs it up in the house mocking him. This sends Loverboy over the edge and he turns into Killer Boy sorry i couldn't resist :skull:

God damn this film is so good i was expecting annoying teen horror with a few jumps and stupidity but what i got was a brutal throwback slasher. Once things go south the kills are great and the killer looks creepy as ****. Great acting and all the characters are likeable another thing i was not expecting i was expecting a bunch of stuck up bitches but instead we get a more realistic bunch looking out for each other which was refreshing. Recorded this off the Horror Channel i will definitely be picking up a blu ray copy of this one.

8/10

MrBarlow 22nd October 2019 07:48 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Fright Night Part 2 1988.

After 3 years and talking to a doctor Charlie Brewster now believes that Jerry Dandridge was a serial killer posing as vampire, soon after he thinks that vampires are real in the form of new comer Regine Dandrige.

This was a great sequel although the first was a classic 80s film, William Ragsdale and Roddy McDowell reprise their roles as Charlie and Peter Vincent from the first movie. Julie Carmen (In The Mouth Of Madness) stars opposite them as the performance artist Regine who is seeking revenge for the death of her brother Jerry. There is some dark humour from Jon Gries (The Monster Squad) again playing a werewolf who often seems to annoy Boz played by Brian Thompson (A.W.O.L) who is a bit like Renfield eating bugs. There is great make up for the vampires and special effects, always be entertaining.

MrBarlow 22nd October 2019 10:22 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Cemetery Man (Dellamorte Dellamore) 1994.

In a small Italian town lies a cemetery of Buffalora, after 7 days of being buried the dead rise up and its up to Francesco Dellamorte to kill them again.

This is a bit of tongue in cheek comedy horror from Michele Soavi (Stagefright, The Church) a decent zombie flick with a added amount of small gore. Rupert Everett (Shrek's Prince Charming) plays the lead role with his assistant Gnaghi (Gna) who kill the dead when they return.

I would say that this is unusual with Italian horror in some films there is a good amount of gore but this seems to be limited, and the plot seems to entertaining even with the character voice over and also showing how politicians don't seem to have much of a soul :skull:. How did shameless manage to get this film going...show a topless woman on the cover.

Demdike@Cult Labs 22nd October 2019 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nordicdusk (Post 613909)
30 Days Of Unseen Horror

Day 22

Attachment 220183

College is an expensive time for a young adults life and Kylie is no different relying on her mother to support is something that does not sit well with her so she starts making a few extra dollars working as a cam girl but she is still not making enough to help her with her fees. An opportunity comes up for her to join a profession cam site and make some big bucks and Kylie jumps at the chance. Girlhouse is not just a site its an actual house filled with girls who are on cam 24 hours members can log in at anytime to see their favourite girls.

Kylie is nervous moving into a house of strangers but all the girls make her feel right at home welcoming her and showing her the ropes. She is soon in the swing of things and wastes no time showing the members just what the new girl has to offer. Kylie is introduced to regular member called Loverboy who seems more interested in talking rather than the naked side of things but things turn weird when he sends a pictures to Kylie and one of the other girls finds it and hangs it up in the house mocking him. This sends Loverboy over the edge and he turns into Killer Boy sorry i couldn't resist :skull:

God damn this film is so good i was expecting annoying teen horror with a few jumps and stupidity but what i got was a brutal throwback slasher. Once things go south the kills are great and the killer looks creepy as ****. Great acting and all the characters are likeable another thing i was not expecting i was expecting a bunch of stuck up bitches but instead we get a more realistic bunch looking out for each other which was refreshing. Recorded this off the Horror Channel i will definitely be picking up a blu ray copy of this one.

8/10

I'll have to give this a rewatch as i thought it was a lame duck.

I'm a bit wary with you and slashers though Nordy, you recommended Lost After Dark which was plain shite. :skull: